TubeMogul Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
TubeMogul CEO & Co-Founder Brett Wilson
Brett Wilson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is a great place for people looking to make an impact: (in 10 reviews)

• The first thing you notice is the people and the company culture (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Better work/life balance will follow (in 17 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours, pay may not be higher than other similar companies out there (in 13 reviews)

"Working at TubeMogul"

Current Employee - Head of Enterprise Partnerships in London, England
    Current Employee - Head of Enterprise Partnerships in London, England

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and the people are top notch.

Post TubeMogul I will keep the key principles that the company lives by close in both professionally and personal life. Having a high "do to say ratio", doing a lot with a little and being self aware set the tone for the business and if you can embrace these principles you will do well at TubeMogul.

Cons

Can be idiosyncratic at times, although the biggest challenge the company has suffered with is growth. Growth of revenue, staff and offices. Coping with this is tough especially when the global nature of the business.

The good thing is that the company is moving from a start up mentality (which is great but cannot be sustained when you are growing so quickly) to a more process orientated approach, in a similar way to a Google or Facebook.

Advice to Management

Keep good people, provide better executive support to international offices and invest in international expansion.

Training needs to evolve as well. When I first started our training was great as it was super focused on video and made me feel like I could win any argument that was video related. Now we are more focused on a lot more channels for brand advertising we need to provide training that allows people to get into the detail that enables us to win, but we also need to provide our workforce with wider context on the "big" marketing problems that we are helping our customers to solve.

Providing this kind of training is tough but would be massively beneficial if we could nail it. I'm not saying we don't already do this, however, we could do it better on a bigger scale that would have tangible business outcomes for the company.

2. "The good reviews about TubeMogul on here are NOT fake"

Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Director in London, England

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at TubeMogul for a significant period of time - I would not have stayed this long if I didn't truly believe in the company's vision and culture.

If you're a self starter, enjoy accountability and responsibility this company is for you. I am surrounded by a team that has a high “Do:Say” ratio - these are the people that excel at TubeMogul.

The job can be challenging as TubeMogul are a disruptor in the industry - however when working in a collaborative way with trading desks, agencies, and brands you are able to help shape and implement innovate strategies and achieve marketing objectives.

Cons

TubeMogul has shifted from a start up to a fully fledged company which means various processes have been implemented and changed/improved over time. We have made a conscious effort to ensure culture maintains consistent globally as we continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focussed on employees personal development.

"SHOULD BE CALLED FOOLMOGUL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all. Truly sucks.

Cons

This company lies about things like pay, contract, hours, job in the interview.
    Office politics and ego issue here.
    The good reviews about Tubemogul on here are fake.

Advice to Management

Take a look at whats really happening in the London office

"A Culture and Environment Like No Other"

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Having worked at a number of companies, this one really values its staff and their contributions and do listen to them. The product is so strong and constantly evolving that it makes life easier for you whether selling or using it.

There is an openly autonomous structure which makes you feel valued and when we do things together everyone joins in, from the very senior down to the interns. With banter and music flying across the room and such a lively atmosphere, you can imagine our nights out are brilliant. While clichéd, we do work hard and play hard, but when you have your directors and MD and even your CEO come join you on a late night out, you know that there's something different going on here that makes you feel very valued and part of something special.

As culture and personality is a huge hiring condition, it results in you working with some very entertaining, intelligent and totally sound people.

Cons

The nature of the the technology and the geographical spread of the company, head quartered in the West Coast of the USA, can make days longer but the managers in the UK are sensitive to your work life balance and we have gone for dinners or drinks after later finishes.

Emails and information are quite heavy, as with the constantly evolving product and mediascape and the approach of the company, it's very important to stay informed. So keeping up can be a little time consuming.

Using email Out of office conflicts with the company's customer service approach and can cause clients some anxiety.

Advice to Management

They have built something really special so please maintain the same culture as they grow. Continue keeping track of people's workloads so that everyone is balanced and don't be afraid to bring on more staff, especially before Q4.

"Special opportunity at a fast paced company"

Current Employee - Client Services in London, England

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you enjoy having responsibility and taking ownership within your role, then this is the place for you. The changes within the company from start-up to post IPO are evident as all teams have worked particularly hard to create a specialist software business. Culture is valued very highly, hence the team is very close knit and in turn a collaborative working environment has been established. Working in a global company also offers a lot of opportunities in regards to career progression.

Cons

Every day is different and poses different challenges, but that is the nature of working at a technology company.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on hiring women in senior positions.

"'always on' attitude..no work life balance"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at TubeMogul full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young and international environment, always striving for innovative solutions, great team spirit.

Cons

1. 'Always on' attitude, they don't allow you to have your 'Out of office' reply on during your holidays, which means you have to get back to your clients any time. there is no work life balance at all. 1.a You need to recruit for your holidays. For example: you can't recruit a 2 week holiday in Oct when you just started your job. This is unusual in the UK. 2. No proper directions from management and no proper communication towards the team 3. UK office do not have any authority or can make any decision which means there is an 8 hours delay before something can happen. There's always a delay to get things done.

Advice to Management

There is no work life balance. People deserve their holidays and time to spend with their families after working hours or else raise the salaries for 'always on attitude'. If you want to keep your people in the company you should give them an opportunity to grow. You need to have a more flat org so offices in other countries can make things happen in their local market and take the full responsibility for this.

"London Office full of egos"

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England

Pros

Some nice people in the head office

Cons

No work- life balance
    People in the office love playing the blame game
    Low pay more work

Advice to Management

Get rid of the egotistic people

"Amazing work environment at one of the top players in the industry"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A true and unique team culture that integrates you right from day one
    - The feeling that you are making an impact in the future of the company and the industry itself, working with cutting edge technology and real game changing products and solutions
    - The work/life balance is very good and your long hours (when needed) are rewarded with tangible benefits. Those who work hard and want a fast paced environment are going to be really pleased.
    - You always feel motivated with ongoing training and activities that the company has for every level of experience.

Cons

- The only real challenge is to keep the culture that has been so successful with such a rapid growing workforce; that being said they are doing an excellent job in both recruitment and training.

Advice to Management

Keep going forward and making us proud to be part of TubeMogul.

"Global expansion and fast paced business with true ambition"

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic attitude and approach from top to bottom
    Market leading technology, in an incredibly interesting and dynamic space
    Fantastic management team, with international ambition

Cons

Not a lot to say really - its an exciting place

11. "Could be better"

I worked at TubeMogul full-time

Pros

Sales team was fun to work with.

Cons

Not a lot of direction from executives.