Vendavo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Nov 2019

4.0
Vendavo CEO Bruno Slosse
Bruno Slosse
Pros
  • "Has fantastic benefits and does a good job of allowing its staff to have a work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "flexibility in work schedule and flexibility to work anywhere(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior Management is as bad as it gets(in 4 reviews)

• "Most clients run the old software which is extremely customized (one offs at every customer)(in 4 reviews)

1. "6 months in and I made a great decision to join!"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Bath, England

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Straight forward and grown up work environment. No gimmicks - just a lovely bunch of people who are all ploughing the same furrow. Very exciting and growing market space - that excites C level executives. Focus on customer outcomes rather than pure sales numbers is refreshing. Francisco Partners seems to be a positive and supportive force. Cloud technology is way ahead of legacy pricing competitors.

Cons

Acquisitions have taken longer to integrate culturally - but on track now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing ie relentless focus on customer outcomes. The rest will fall into line.

Vendavo2019-11-09

"Fast changing pace"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Vendavo

Pros

Remote working, great colleagues, challenging projects.

Cons

Senior management don't know what they're doing

Vendavo2019-10-08
  3. "Business Consultant"

I have been working at Vendavo full-time

Pros

Great people, really focused, and work hard.

Cons

Can be a little disorganised at times

Vendavo2019-04-02
  4. "Great company that's transforming itself all while maintaining stability and profitability"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good balance of work life (achieving aggressive goals) and personal life (flexible time-off). Compensation is fair plus they really reward top performers. Recent new head of HR implementing some great new changes in people and culture including more organized philanthropy and charitable giving opportunities. Ability to work remotely if needed/appropriate depending on the role. Huge market / growth potential. ... It's wonderful to see how much our solutions can add value for our clients.

Cons

The pace and expectations could be too much for some less-passionate employees, and they may feel like it's too much of a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep up the increased focus on both customers and employees... and the sales and financial results will continue improving.

Vendavo2019-10-02
  5. "Great People"

Former Employee - Software Engineering Manager in Prague

I worked at Vendavo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the best people I have ever met work there. With its move to cloud the Company is headed in the right direction. Executives care about employees. - High financial stability - Pleasant office culture - Great Benefits - Home Office availability - Well stocked kitchen - Human approach to employees

Cons

High dependence on few key customers. Dubious ability of sales to switch to selling of the new cloud-based product portfolio. Slow integration of acquired companies. Trend of hiring junior people, especially in services. Highly competitive field, where competition uses some cutthroat practices.

Advice to Management

Keep your humane approach to employees. Focus on realistic way how to sell the current product portfolio without promising pie in the sky features. Letting the ratio of Senior/Juinior people slip too far to junior end (Especially for people directly in contact with customers) creates a lot of problems and leads to bad reputation with customers when these troubles happen and there is not enough expertise around to... solve them.

Vendavo2019-10-01

"Exciting global SaaS company with compelling future"

Current Employee - Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vendavo has reinvented itself over the past four years from what traditionally has been an on-premise enterprise software company to a true SaaS provider. I, personally, had the opportunity to lead portions of the company through this transformation. Oftentimes, this level of change can be quite painful for the organization, but being on the other side now, everyone is much more energized and excited about our... future. The company is small and nimble (~400 people), but also global in reach. There are great opportunities to get experiences working in a global context and also moving fast because of the company size.

Cons

It can be a demanding company to work for, but that sort of comes with the territory due to the very competitive industry in which we operate. In all honesty, the most interesting and successful companies I have worked for in the past have always been demanding in some shape or form, otherwise they would not be that attractive.

Vendavo2019-09-18
  7. "Great place to work - people, products, culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some of the smartest people around here. The solutions are compelling and better than other options in the marketplace. There's a strong ethics culture. There's respect for time off. People who perform are rewarded.

Cons

It's a small company, so growth opportunities are reasonably limited.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

Vendavo2019-09-19
  8. "So much opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It starts with our people. What makes this company go is an energetic group of people across the globe and departments that work well together. A growth SaaS business is challenging and we happen to be in a market where our products are in high demand. This puts innovative stress on our organization but the cool thing is that we keep rising to the challenge and opportunity. The other win is that we keep winning... in the market. Reviewing our new customers in every "town hall" gives all of us a lot of energy.

Cons

Growth brings operational challenges. It requires all of us to solve problems in real time.

Advice to Management

Continue to align with customer success. Our satisfied customers are opening the doors for the sales team every month.

9. "Moving on up"

Current Employee - General Counsel in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Focused on a people first culture. -The right people in place to get things done. -Encouraging environment to go outside your lane and make a difference. -People actually care about each other. -Exciting new initiatives. -Customer service mindset. Both internally and externally.

Cons

-Need to do a better job celebrating the victories.

Advice to Management

-Celebrate the victories. -Keep up the positive momentum.

Vendavo2019-09-18
  10. "Exciting Times Now and Ahead, making an impact and growing"

Current Employee - Vice President in Denver, CO

I have been working at Vendavo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company is investing well into product, infrastructure, customers and people. A nice balance. The values of customers first and employees first culture hold true. The company is growing fast in the high value products such as SaaS. We have very smart people who want to do what is best and is working hard to achieve results. FP is very supportive of the business and is a great strategic investment partner. ... Ability to work flexible hours, and remote periodically or full time. IT environment is the best I have seen . You can make an impact here and are listened to.

Cons

With growth comes operational challenges to keep up with the growth or stay ahead of it.

Advice to Management

Stay the course and keep an eye on ensuring the employee first, customer first culture is shown daily. Put it into every employees muscle memory. Also ensure we are spending wisely to support our culture and/or growth.

Found 88 reviews