addmustard Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-time Part-time

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Supportive team and highly skilled company"

Current Employee - Director in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Director in Brighton, England

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team work and collaboration high, noone is left behind mentality
    Easy to learn skills from other departments and always open to questions
    Very good integration between junior and senior members of team - no snubby heirachy

Cons

Growing fast we will need a bigger office soon!

2. "Great work but could do with more strategy"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England

Pros

- you get to work alongside some great people
    - nice perks like free bagels and fruit, plus Friday beers
    - not too many time-sapping meetings
    - produce some beautiful work

Cons

- no pension
    - lacking strategy/direction from the top
    - a few bottlenecks exist at the top, which slow things down

Advice to Management

More robust processes, a clearer strategy for the future and a pension would be great!

3. "Great staff - could do with more direction"

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great, pro-active team
    Atmosphere of 'making things happen'
    Strong social element
    Smart, well-designed office

Cons

Work can feel rushed and under high amounts of pressure
    More emphasis needs placing on strategy
    At times, support lacks to staff from main directors
    Internal priorities need outlining better

5. "Great place to work"

Pros

The best thing about addmustard is the people and culture- it's truly a joy to come into work each morning to see your work "family". Being surrounded by lots of different personalities that all get along is lovely, and there's no office bitchiness which can be a problem in both big and small companies. The atmosphere is always sunny and everyone is genuinely interested in helping and contributing towards projects, generating ideas - but there's no major distractions either which is nice. There's lots of great clients and enough variation to keep things interesting, and lots of out of work socials which are nice to look forward to! There's minimum bureaucracy (reporting and paperwork) which is such a nice change from a big company.

Cons

It would be nice to have more guidance about professional progression however I think this is getting better. There are some passengers when it comes to the tea rounds!

Advice to Management

Keep it up- and introduce a tea rota! Also periodical progress meetings and more structured KPI's would be very useful for those new to the company.

6. "A home away from home"

Current Employee - Technical Services Director in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Technical Services Director in Brighton, England

Pros

Since joining the company, I have never not wanted to come to work, in fact I often look forward to it. addmustard is a wonderful place to work; with want feels more like a family then a group of colleagues. ‘We’ look after one another and this is reflected in innovation, expertise and creative expression, from the juniors up to the top brass.

Every employee has a voice, everyone has an impact and everyone is part of the final product.

Having worked for (and) with a variety of small, medium and large agencies I can tell you that we are different, our clients are an extension of our team and are also part of the family.

At addmustard we friends and we treat our customers like friends.

A truly wonderful place to work.

Cons

Sometimes not all of the team contribute in their tea making responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep questioning the process

7. "The Mustard Life"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Gatwick, England
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Gatwick, England

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people.
    Good atmosphere.
    Recommendations are taken seriously and on board.
    Easy to speak to management.
    Real social aspect amongst team.
    Plenty of work, never board.

Cons

No pension scheme in place.

Advice to Management

Possibly a clearer way to view progression through career. So the employee can track their progression and know where to build.

8. "New found love for mustard!"

Current Employee - Junior SEO Executive in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Junior SEO Executive in Brighton, England

I have been working at addmustard full-time

Pros

All recent graduates understand that endless struggle of signing up to job agencies, looking through job websites and trying to perfect that perfect CV and Cover Letter so it screams NOTICE ME.

Giving yourself that kick of motivation to be consistent in applying, even after the rejections, is a downer! Your mind starts to revolve around, "every job wants experience, I will be forever jobless". So it's hard not to question wither the library all nighters and reading unless textbooks provided any benefits.

addmustard, with open arms, welcomed me in and gave me that stepping stone to experience, my first job opportunity and the ability to see that all that hard work at University and eating cans of beans because I couldn't afford bread was worth it.

This company has taken the time to teach and educate me on the digital marketing world, ne approachable with any of my ridiculous questions and treat me as a friend.
    You couldn't really ask for much more in regards to a first job opportunity, here are just a few of the pros:

Welcome and warming team
    Highly skilled in the digital marketing world
    Approachable
    Actively creative and continuously getting you involved in every aspect of digital marketing.

Cons

They buy so much food for the office I probably need a gym membership!

That is probably not a con though.

Advice to Management

Keeping being awesome

9. "My 2nd Family"

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team around you are the most encouraging, supporting and friendly bunch of people I've had the pleasure to work with. The atmosphere in the office provides that stability of professionalism whilst being able to enjoy yourself in the process. The team know what it takes to provide support to it's clients and will strive for only the best results possible. The people that work for addmustard are more like a family than they are colleagues, and this can safely be said by someone who has worked here long enough to realise this. Never have I felt more welcome in a work environment than this. That's what puts this agency above the rest in my opinion.

Cons

That it's not world famous yet!

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team around you, ensuring that everyone is always progressing in their careers and at a pace and level that they're comfortable with. Make everyone be the best they can and then there's no stopping you.

addmustard Response

24 Jul 2015 – New Business & Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to see such a glowing report of working at addmustard. We're working on becoming world famous, and will keep you posted with progress ... More

10. "I LOVE mustard"

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company promotes a fun, sociable environment, whilst maintaining a level of professionalism that ensures that work is done to the very highest standard. The team is great and are always willing to help and support co-workers. addmustard genuinely care about employee development and have a number of schemes in place to ensure that staff can reach their full potential.

Cons

Not everyone pulls their weight in tea making......just saying.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide full support to employees to make sure that they can reach the top. I've found that regular reviews and updates on performance vital in my development. Thanks for making addmustard such a great place to work!

11. "There's no place I would rather work"

Current Employee - SEM
    Current Employee - SEM

I have been working at addmustard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am so thankful to come and work in a place I love, not only are the team fun and friendly they are also a great support network.

I have worked with the MD for nearly five years and never have I had such a great boss; flexible, approachable and no matter how packed her schedule is she will always makes time for you. She is passionate and dedicated and that's why I know the agency will go far.

The team have the perfect work hard, play hard attitude which is another thing I love, and with thanks to our very own addminister arranging those all important socials!

Also grateful for the endless supply of bagels, juice, fruit, surprise cupcakes and other goodies.

Cons

That we are not all together often due to the integration with our clients and there offices.
    I would love a pension

Advice to Management

Keep communicating, keep helping the team to grow and develop into even better marketing professionals. We have so much untapped potential that will only grow over time. I think we need to rearrange our Fridays to incorporate a sharing session so we can all catch up with everyone on how their weeks have been, especially since we are separated for most for week at various client offices.