iCrossing Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

iCrossing Reviews

Updated Oct 9, 2019

Found 211 reviews

2.6
iCrossing CEO Mike Parker (no image)
Mike Parker
Pros
  • "Work life balance that just doesn’t exist in other businesses(in 23 reviews)

• "Great team, plenty of learning opportunities, great place to start your career in digital marketing, very fun culture(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Senior management and leaders are firmly in the bunker vs(in 14 reviews)

• "Losing lots of business at the moment and very top heavy(in 14 reviews)

"Supportive fun company"

Current Employee - PA & Office Manager in London, England

I have been working at iCrossing part-time for more than a year

Pros

iCrossing is a great company to work for, highly supportive of work life balance, management team are approachable and supportive of staff within the business. iCrossing is also supportive of expanding my career skills and exploring others areas within the business

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say

iCrossing2019-06-17
  2. "Some great people"

Former Employee - Creative Director in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some great people, some great clients

Cons

New CEO is smart and a strong leader

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on

iCrossing2019-10-09
  3. "Strong Values, Specialists & Great Workplace"

Former Employee - Paid Media Analyst in Brighton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was working at iCrossing for almost 3 years, starting as a junior analyst. The training that you get at iCrossing is top class and the senior team are true specialists. iCrossing is a "people first" agency and I always felt that I had the proper amount of time to do my tasks. I always felt appreciated at iCrossing and your voice is being heard.

Cons

If I had to put something down, it would be performance and salary reviews and vision.

iCrossing2019-07-23

"A company that's transforming"

Current Employee - Group Account Director in Brighton, England

I have been working at iCrossing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working, less pressure that other agencies in London, care about life work balance, good clients roster, talented teams and deliver great work and win awards.

Cons

With the company re-aligning in April we have unfortunately seen some good people leave the business which is never easy. Where possible we have looked to re-locate them with in the Hearst group or support their transition. The company, has a clear plan to double down and re-grow.

iCrossing2019-06-11
  5. "good"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at iCrossing part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very good i am happy here

Cons

excellent there are no cons at all

iCrossing2019-05-23

"Snake oil salesmen running out of tricks"

Former Employee - SEO Manager in London, England

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than a year

Pros

really nice people outside of senior management, some good perks

Cons

Losing clients left and right, people are seeing through their jargon and realising they offer no value and are all hot all. Senior management and leaders are firmly in the bunker vs. everyone else.

Advice to Management

Stop posting obviously fake Glassdoor reviews every time a real employee gives you an honest rating!

iCrossing2019-06-25

"A company to realise your potential"

Former Employee - Head of Search in London, England

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I worked at iCrossing for 8 years, joining in a junior position and leaving as a member of the senior management. If I was to summarise my time with the company it would be this; I was given every year the right level of responsibility and support in order to develop myself. Whilst the work was always challenging it was rewarded with constant progression that allowed me to fast track my career in digital marketing.... Put simply I would not be in the position I’m in now without iCrossing. Some of the brilliant pros of this company: • Work life balance that just doesn’t exist in other businesses • Friendly and approachable team that you will love working with • Access to some of the top digital leaders in the industry • The ability to get stuck-in and make a meaningful impact to the company, if you want to • Flexible working patterns and understanding to the individuals needs • Fast tracked career progression for those who put the effort in My only disappointment is that I can't rate iCrossing more than 5 stars on Glassdoor

Cons

I can’t stress how much I enjoyed my time at iCrossing, this is a vibrant independent agency. If you want to work at a massive network agency then you may not find this right for you. However if you want to work at a company where you can make an meaningful impact from day 1 at any stage of your career, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what iCrossing does best: • Bringing up talent and giving opportunities to those that shine • Training up the next crop of industry talent • Providing a community in which everyone’s opinion is valued

iCrossing2019-05-13

"10+ redundancy in Brighton and London office"

Former Employee - Paid Search Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at iCrossing full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great to work together. if you are a junior member, it will be a good chance to learn good basic skills.

Cons

Many staffs are stressed therefore they cannot maximize their availability and they are not willing to. HR seems working hard to change company culture but it doesn't work. Redundancy process only took 1.5week.

Advice to Management

The business model you are following... very serious and stressful for everyone. the stress bring down encouragement for work and increase worries for the staff's future. cocktail making competition won't bring love for work.. you know that.. you need to love your staff and move together not on your own.. Please do think when you were Junior. what was the important pieces to wake up for work?

iCrossing2019-06-18

"Stay away - redundancies and losing key clients"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Brighton, England

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll make friends and gain experience working with big clients (although a lot of major clients are now leaving).

Cons

Losing lots of business at the moment and very top heavy. Client losses are starting to take their toll with 10+ redundancies in the UK. Workers outside of senior management are really stressed and overworked because the company is on the way down and not working. Senior management are aloof and siloed and it's unclear what many of them are doing apart from taking home big pay packets.

Advice to Management

You need to understand and help the lower levels more and get down from your ivory towers.

iCrossing2019-06-13

"10+ redundancies in Brighton/London in May"

Former Employee - Senior Management in Brighton, England

I worked at iCrossing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

iCrossing employs a diverse group of talented people. I have made many friends there.

Cons

Be warned, over 10 redundancies have been made in Brighton and London over 3 weeks in May; people from all levels of seniority. It’s absolutely heartbreaking and I’m leaving this review so any current interviewees are aware. Brighton/London have lost 3 of their top 5 revenue-driving clients in the last 5 months. Their current largest client is up for pitch this year too. I have been in meetings where senior... management review employee resource/capacity, and have seen multiple instances where senior management actively over-resource employees, particularly the account management department. I believe an obsession with profit is forcing a lot short-term decision-making, which is creating high stress levels with employees, which brings quality of work down, and then iCrossing lose clients. Nobody ever seems to have enough time to complete their work within office hours. Multiple people in the Brighton office have told me they’re looking for other employers because they’re so stressed at iCrossing. I don’t blame UK senior management for all the above, they seem largely hamstrung to the demands of iCrossing US. That said, I felt like favouritism played a role in UK senior management’s decisions, and didn’t feel like my hard work was rewarded or acknowledged fairly. They have a flexible working program but I was made to feel guilty for using it.

iCrossing2019-06-08