itsu Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2022

Found 291 of over 314 reviews

3.7
itsu Founder Julian Metcalfe (no image)
Julian Metcalfe
Pros
  • "Free food, the company looks after its employees(in 33 reviews)

• "You also get a free lunch and also staff discounts in any itsu store(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "really bad company long hours cheep labour bulling harassment sexisim mind control over worked shouted at on edge at all times(in 13 reviews)

• "It's been over two years since my last shift at itsu and with every passing day I realise what an awful effect this place had on my mental health(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Happy at work & feel valued

Apr 26, 2022 - Marketing Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Itsu has helped me develop personally and professionally since joining 9 months ago. Though it is super fast-paced, the amount of growth you experience is insurmountable. I'm proud to work for a brand that represents my values - healthy food, accessibility, and beautiful design. My team are experienced individuals and I learn from them daily - the culture is one of supporting one another and I feel respected by my colleagues. The social life is also a big win. We have quarterly whole-company socials, alongside Academy team briefs weekly. Everyone knows each other well within head office. The company is undergoing huge growth & I can't wait to help take this brand internationally!

Cons

You do get thrown into the deep end with lots of fast-paced projects & responsibilities- this may not be for everybody, but my growth as an individual has accelerated because of this.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very cool place

Jun 16, 2022 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick progression Benefitts Poeple Free food Cutlure Training

Cons

Can be a bit hard at times as it's busy but not bad as people get replaced quiet fast

Continue reading

itsu Response

Central HR Manager

Thank you for the review, and we promise we will continue to truly listen to all our diverse teams ideas, as this is what makes us unique!

3. 4.0

Nice, but stressful

Jun 12, 2022 - Kitchen Team Member in Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice free lunch Free breakfast if working morning Friendly staff

Cons

Lots of lifting Fast-paced Very early start e.g. 6am very strict management - I was a few mins late 3-4 times and got disciplinary

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great and fun place to work

Jun 10, 2022 - Front of House
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, can take more shifts if needed

Cons

Cant think of any really

5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great

Jun 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

They provide a free lunch

Cons

There will include early starts

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

good benifit

Jun 9, 2022 - Trainee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good benefit, normal hourly rate job

Cons

quite stress some times during peak hour

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Colleagues but Work like a machine

Jun 20, 2022 - Team Member in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Easy to get hired even as a new immigrant • Free breakfast and lunch • I am lucky that my colleagues are hardworking and friendly • The salary is not bad when compared with other part-time jobs which are about minimum wage

Cons

• Unstable working hours. sometimes more than 9 hours a shift, but sometimes 4 hours a shift if the shop is quiet • Kitchen roles are very boring and exhausting • Stressful when the managers cut staff numbers

itsu Response

Thank you for posting a review about us! I'm sorry your experience wasn't our usual awesome one! We'd love to hear a bit more about it, to help us put an improvement plan in place. Would you mind getting in contact with us at peoplesupports@itsu.com? We look forward to hearing back from you!

8. 4.0

Fun

May 29, 2022 - Rice Pro in Stansted, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to grow. It's like a family.

Cons

Understaffed, people are tired and upset.

Continue reading
    9. 5.0

Annual Salary - Good Benefits - Fun place

May 26, 2022 - Team Leader Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

team leaders are offered an annual salary good range of benefits fun place with parties family culture

Cons

it is a very fast-paced job

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Work at Itsu

May 26, 2022 - General Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Itsu has helped me to develop myself throughout the years Also has great discounts such as 50% in other Itsu stores, weekly payment for team members, cinema discount, also discount in many retailers, support for wellbeing

Cons

You have to stay longer sometimes

Viewing 1 - 10 of 291 Reviews
    </>Embed

itsu Reviews FAQs

itsu has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 314 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at itsu to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, itsu employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at itsu. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

71% of itsu employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated itsu 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with itsu Job Seekers