ACCO Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ACCO Brands Interview Questions

Interviews at ACCO Brands

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

First call is a screening with HR. Second Call was with a manager from the department. Third call was with the hiring manager. Fourth interview was in person with HR first, then met with the hiring manager.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Dayton, OH (US)).

Interview

You will interview with 3-4 people for about 30 minutes. They will each have different questions to ask. One person will prep you or review your resume with you to specify what you should highlight. One person will be your direct report as well.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you had to manage up? How did you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (San Ramon, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

It wasn't very clear and a bit deceitful - The offer was not for the position I applied for and for much lower than originally discussed salary. The interview was for an FT salaried; came back with a FT, 6-month contract at half of the salary discussed. I was questioned on multiple accounts on if I lied on my resume because my trajectory was too fast - then questioned how well I could stay in my lane. Also told not to expect to take the senior managers position without putting in my time, and not to expect promotions. GROSS.

Shipper/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Alexandria, PA (US)).

Interview

Interviewed by two supervisors and one hr representative after a two week waiting period. Blood test/drug test administered along with a background check. Most jobs have an apprenticeship schedule and labor grades.

Senior Manager, Brand Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Dayton, OH (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I found the Senior Manager, Brand Experience position on LinkedIn and reached out to a LinkedIn connection for a recommendation/introduction to the hiring manager. After submitting the requisite online submission, including my cover letter and resume, I received an invitation for a phone invitation. The recruiter, based in the Chicago office not the Kettering office where the position was located, called and we spoke for some time about my experience having worked in the branding world for much of my career. I was told by the recruiter that I was definitely a good match and he seemed excited to introduce me to the hiring manager. Unfortunately, after several attempts to contact the recruiter regarding availability, the recruiter told me the position had been put on hold and was up for reconsideration due to budget issues. He told me to check in periodically, which I did both by email and phone, but he never replied to any of my communications. The position continued to be published and was filled approximately a month after my initial conversations with the recruiter. While I see the position was filled by another well qualified candidate, I feel that, at the very least, the recruiter should have been more forthcoming and upfront about the situation. If I ultimately wasn’t a good fit, that would have been good to know as well. I am terribly disappointed with the interview process at ACCO Brands and would not hesitate to share my disappointment with others looking to work there.

Interview Questions

• I was well prepared for my interview and did not find any of the questions that the recruiter asked to be difficult or unusual.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

It wasn't too bad at all. I had a couple rounds and all of the people I talked to were very nice. First round is with HR and is more behavorial. The second round was with a couple people from my team. Overall, it was a very pleasant process.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I first had a phone interviews with the recruiter, and a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then asked for an in person interviews. I had a total for 5 interviews with different members of the team and the hiring manager. All interviews lasted 30 min and were back to back.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to speak to level of experience within the position I was applying for.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Four to Five interviewers were there. Spent about 1 hour with each interviewer. Discussions were casual and friendly. I was asked to share my past experiences in details with examples, past tough situations at work etc. Overall relaxed interview environment

Interview Questions

• questions on practical experience , past projects, team management   1 Answer

Customs Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACCO Brands.

Interview

Had a phone interview that lasted over an hour. Discussed a lot of details about the job including salary. Unfortunately, although I followed up a few times, I never heard a response regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation wherein you had to communicate bad news to management.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ACCO Brands (Lake Zurich, IL (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was found by a recruiter on Linkedin. I ended up interviewing for 2 of their marketing positions. The initial interview was 2 hours long and consisted of 4 separate interviews by individuals who worked in those 2 teams. Everyone was friendly and easy going. I then had another interview 2 weeks later that went further into the specific internship that they decided I better suited. There, I met with the team leader. It was also a very quick and pleasant experience. I was notified a week later that I got the job and proceeded with onboarding activities. The entire process took around 1 month to complete. While this was longer than most of the other places that I have worked at, I did not mind because the recruiter that was assigned to me was extremely helpful and made sure to contact me at least once a week with updates on what was going on.

Interview Questions

• They went through each experience on my resume and asked me to go more into detail about it.   Answer Question
    • What was your least favorite and most favorite place to work? Why?   Answer Question
    • Why ACCO?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.