AES Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AES Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at AES Corporation

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AES Corporation in January 2019.

Interview

It was a 3 part phone screen. I was contacted over 2 days by 3 people from the team with which I would be working. The interviews were mainly going over my resume and seeing how I handled different situations that could arise, such as how I handle frustration, how I approach research, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work without direct oversight and were still expected to produce.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you faced repeated frustrations on a project and how you responded.   Answer Question

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

The process consisted of a phone screen with a company recruiter followed by a phone interview and finally an in-person interview with multiple business and legal representatives. Feedback was timely.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generally background related and tended to focus on the specific role or department of the interviewer; i.e. the claims representative tended to ask questions related to my experience with claims and disputes.   2 Answers

Market Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

For AES Energy Storage. Conducted a phone interview with HR (contracted) and then was flown out for an in-person. Met with half a dozen team members during the day-long interview and then waited for a month before the HR person contacted me to let me know that the position had been withdrawn. Expenses I paid (they covered hotel, flight but promised in email to cover food, Ubers) were never reimbursed, even after multiple follow-up emails and discussions.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard informational interview questions.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

In total, the process took about two weeks from the time I applied until they made an offer. I submitted my resume via Indeed.com for a different role. However, they called me about the Systems Analyst role. The interview was with the Manager and Controller together.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on my experience and how it fit with the role I was interviewing for. It was relaxed and very straight forward. No odd or behavioral based questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

Phone Interview for one hour, asked about some basic behavior questions.The interview was only scheduled for about an hour, and finished in about an hour. mainly walked through resume and explained accomplishments to them, and answered a few questions. I asked some questions as well. I received an offer a few days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

The interview was only scheduled for about an hour, and we were finished in about an hour. I mainly walked through my resume and explained my accomplishments to them, and answered a few questions. I asked some questions as well. I received an offer a few days after the interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

The first interview was via telephone with the HR rep. The second interview was also via phone, and was with a panel of three interviewers. The third interview was face-to-face, and consisted of five people. The fourth interview was another face-to-face, and consisted of four people. At the last interview I was told that it was between myself and another applicant, and they would be making their decision within 3-4 days.

I believe it was five days later, I telephoned the HR rep to follow up, was told that they were discussing it right then, and I could expect a call shortly. I called two days later after receiving a call from AES (no message was left), and spoke with the HR rep and was told I would be called "right back". About a week after that, I received a very generic email saying that they had received my resume and that other candidates better fit their needs. I thought this was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, why do you want to work here, those types of things.   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AES Corporation.

Interview

Initial communications were very streamlined; I knew where I was going, when and who to contact. The entire process was very simple and straightforward. I was notified of with whom I would be interviewing in advance, so it gave me an opportunity to do some background research on the people who would be interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I wanted to stay in the position I was being considered for long-term. Mind you, the position was entry-level and when previously been asked what my 5 and 10-year goals were, they would not be in line to answering this question as 'yes.'   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Arlington, VA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Following several rounds of over-the-phone interviews, I came onsite for two full days of in-person interviews. Once we cleared the technical hurdles, I felt AES put a tremendous amount of effort in determining if I was an appropriate cultural fit (hardworking, sense of humor, honest, multi-cultural, mission driven, safety focused, etc.) By the end of the process, it was obvious I fit right in with their culture, and I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• How do you emphasize a safety-first attitude in your own life?   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AES Corporation (Roanoke, VA (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process is a three step process. The company seemed to be very friendly and my professional, however it was not a position that I desired.

Location and position not desirable

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.