Addepar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Addepar Interview Questions

Interviews at Addepar

Data Solutions Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone screen, python interview, and a case interview. Then final round interview that consisted of four technical interviews and a behavioral interview. People were all friendly very friendly and it seems like a great team.

Interview Questions

• Python scripting (understanding manipulating strings, lists, dicts) transactions case study, walkthrough of their platform and questions related to reconciliation, walkthrough of how you would approach data ingestion case study   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

First it is the general question, tell me about yourself. After that, shared me a google transaction sheet and ask about what information I can conclude from it. It is just buy in and sell stocks (prices, shares etc).

Interview Questions

• What information you can get from the transaction sheet?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter reached out, scheduled phone interview.
    I have interviewed with a lot of big and small companies and the interview experience I got with Addepar was worse than some of the youngest startups I interviewed for.

The interviewer was a Software Engineer with a year worth of experience and before that had been in Marketing and Biz Dev.

As we started the interview, he threw the question and told me write code to make sql statements. I was confused as to what was supposed to be done. He started the interview on the wrong foot and did not even tell me what it was he wanted until we had 5 minutes to go. I coded from scratch without using libraries and in the end, he started saying why didn't you use xyz library. This attitude was unencouraging to say the least. Why go into an interview expecting someone to know everything about your codebase in 30-45 minutes and also expect them to know libraries that you're familiar with.

Then how will you filter false positives and what if you say no to a candidate who's an excellent programmer but hasn't worked with the same library as you.

Addepar needs to look at its interviewers and make sure they're training them or telling them how to behave in a 45 minute interview. My interviewer was distracted and half the time wasn't even paying attention to what I was doing. Half the time he was busy doing some work. I was disappointed by the entire experience at Addepar. I sensed a stream of arrogance and would not apply in the near term at least.

I also had to chase the recruiter to get a response. He completely went offline.

Interview Questions

• Write code to parse json and create sql statements.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First, you schedule with them for a 3 hour session for a take-home assignment. Then sent the question to do during that time and you return the answer within 3 hours.
    Then, you have a phone interview with the hiring manager. Mostly behavioral questions and go through the resume.

Then, a full-day onsite interview. You have lunch at their cafeteria. They gave you a product demo and then you have round of algo, coding, behavioral. The interview asked a Leetcode hard question (which I only knew after the fact when I searched) . I came up with a solution with the same performance characteristics of the Leetcode solution. However, the interviewer asked me to think of another way and push me to another solution. I found it strange at the time as they refused to let me implement my solution. I guess he doesn't really understand the question and needs me to implement the LeetCode solution.

After the on site interview, HR called to reject me. No feedback is provided.

Interview Questions

• How to merge multiple files without loading all files in memory?
      LeetCode Hard Question in on site.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

I submitted a resume through LinkedIn and had an internal recruiter reach out fairly quickly to set up a 30-minute introductory interview with me. I scheduled a date on their calendar for later that week. When I joined the screen share nobody was there, after a few minutes I got an apologetic email stating that something had come up and they would need to reschedule. No problem as I understand these things can happen, I suggested a few other times and didn't hear back.

I reached out again to see when a good time to reschedule would be, still no response. So I sent a final email stating this would be my last time asking about rescheduling the interview.

I found this incredibly unprofessional and disrespectful, it turned me off to the company as a whole seeing how this is how they treat people they haven't even spoken to yet.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar in December 2019.

Interview

Not too hard at the beginning, still need to finish another round of interview. The first round was quick introduction of candidate background, standard company and team structure review. Second round is a bit more technical with a Google Sheet. Worked through some data entry. Interviewers were nice and helpful.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Overall I dodged a bullet with Addepar. The interview process was unnecessarily long, drawn out and cumbersome. It took numerous emails between two different recruiters to set up a 30 minute chat with one recruiter. Had the call, then more emails to set up a time to chat with the hiring manager. A 45 minute call with the hiring manager (Sr. Dir) was then followed by a 45 minute call with the VP of Marketing. This took about 2 weeks. I was then invited in-house for a 5 hour marathon interview with 7 people. When I walked into the office in Mt. View, it had a terrible stench which lasted the entire time that I was there. Overall, the office was dingy and dark, not some place that I would want to spend 8+ hours a day. I met the entire marketing team (some in-person and some via video) and a member of the sales team. The conversations went well. I had lunch onsite with team members which was catered and nothing special. The team was nice, if somewhat inexperienced, and brought up a number of issues and problems within the organization. I know no place is perfect and I'm always up for challenges, but I knew from my 5 hours of interviews that Addepar was not a fit for me. Being professional, I sent my thank you follow-ups. In a week's time I received an email from one of the recruiters with the following text: "We appreciate the time and effort you put into our application process. At this time, however, we are unable to offer you an interview. We will keep your resume in our records and contact you if a role opens up in the future that fits your qualifications." This after having spent weeks in the process, numerous phone calls and emails and over 5 hours onsite in a marathon interview. I wasn't quite sure what to think as the interview itself had gone well. If it was a "no thanks, we're going to pass on an offer" email that was fine with me, but when I replied to the email requesting clarification I received no response, which in my opinion was very unprofessional not to mention sloppy for sending an erroneous email in the first place. All red flags that you can find better companies to work for then Addepar.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you develop a strategy and the metrics for success that you measure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR phone call followed by a take home assignment. Complete waste of time. They sent an email with a pdf describing the assignment with time limit of 3 hours. Received rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Write a file sorting system in any language. Given multiple files, merge into a single sorted file.   1 Answer

Enterprise Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

After two rounds of phone interviews. They flied me to the headquarter in Mountain View. The entire interview lasts about 5 hours. I talked with 10 people from the Data Team in 5 rounds. The interview includes logic puzzles related to transaction data, coding test, behavioral questions and communicational skills. All the people are nice and patient to me and I can tell they are pretty smart and passionate about their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Got sent a take home (which I did) and then got a standard rejection email a couple days letter. Being completely honest I think I took a little too long with the project and that's the reason for the rejection, but it's a joke to reject someone at this stage without any feedback after I've invested a couple of hours into the project, because it would be very helpful for me to know if there was some actual issue with the code I wrote. Doubt I'd interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• Merge N files which consist of new line delineated text that's already sorted into a sorted output file.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.