Addepar Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Addepar Interview Questions

Interviews at Addepar

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Addepar has a fantastic recruiting team that is transparent, organized and efficient. I applied for the position directly with Addepar via their career page. The interview process consisted of a 15 to 30 minutes call with a Recruiter, a 30-minute chat with a member of the team, followed by 3 to 4-hour in-person interview with the hiring manager(s) and select members of departments you will work with if hired. Throughout the entire process I never felt that I was out of the loop. The recruiting team provided me with detail next steps and always left the door open for questions which I think is very rare. The in-person interview was refreshing and enjoyable. I was provided a tour of the new york office and then taken to a meeting room for which I would be in for the remainder of my visit. Since some of the individuals I was meeting were off-site, the interview was a combination of video conference and in-person sessions which sounds hectic and disorganized, but Addepar had all the necessary equipment prepared and a recruiter present to ensure that transitions between sessions were smooth. The interview itself was great, the Hiring Managers were very engaged in our conservation and provided honest answers to my questions.

Interview Questions

• What feedback did you recieve in your last performance evaluation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Apply online and receive interview offer just one week later. It's really hard for me to communicate via phone since it's my first phone interview ever. I mess up with the series on the first question, nail the first easy part of second question and give a try one the later, not sure it's good enough for them.

Interview Questions

• Given n competitors, what is the minimum match to decide winners ?
      Find a missing number from 1 -> n. What if there are 2 missing numbers ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was quickly contacted by a recruiter. There were two rounds of phone interviews followed by a full day of on-site interviews at their Mountain View office. The on-site interviews consisted of two algorithms / general math puzzles interviews, one coding interview (coding on an actual machine under supervision), and a system design interview. I got the offer within a week of interviewing. Turn-around time was extremely fast, and the recruiter was extremely helpful and prompt.

I immensely enjoyed interviewing at Addepar. They have some extremely bright and enthusiastic people working for them, and the office looked like a fun and happy place to work at. I can only see bright things in their future.

Interview Questions

• In an array you have all the numbers from 1 through n (not in order) with one number missing. Find that number.
      Now, you have two numbers missing. Find both the numbers.

Notes: O(n) time solution, O(1) extra space. n may be very large, so beware of overflows!   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Addepar in January 2013.

Interview

The recruiting team seemed quite eager to reach out and accommodate my schedule when arranging the interview. Overall I felt that the culture was very welcome. They seem to place particular emphasis on speed - a right answer isn't enough! They also want to know why you are interested int he company and what makes you a good candidate.

Interview Questions

• Link children of BST to siblings   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Had two screening phone interviews, both were technical in nature and similar to the kind of questions they had been asking at Palantir. The on-site interview is about 4 rounds of hour long technical questions. They focused on different things, I had one code challenge, one data structures and design, one algorithms, and another which was like a math/puzzle question.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that unexpected, I had been told they focus on graph algorithms. Not every question, but many. That was true, many of the questions were about graphs and optimizing graph traversal algorithms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Addepar (Mountain View, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was screened by a recruiter before doing a technical interview by phone. Although I didn't make it past the first round, I was told that there would've been a second round phone interview before an onsite visit. The recruiter and interviewer were very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Using a shared coding pad to write an HTML/Javascript UI widget. Heavy emphasis on using jQuery to perform DOM manipulation.   2 Answers

Addepar Response

13 Oct 2016 – VP, People

Thank you for the feedback and I'm glad you had a positive experience with us.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (New York, NY (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone screen, one technical phone interview. Phone screen was light, talked about my projects, fintech industry, Addepar's growth and culture. Technical interview was fine, pretty standard. I became a little flustered when the interviewer just kept asking me, "How would you test this?" when he really meant, "How would you refactor this for easier testing?"

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to solve a sudoku.   2 Answers

Addepar Response

13 Oct 2016 – VP, People

Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad your experience was positive.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard; spoke with recruiter and then had a phone interview. Everyone was friendly and the entire process was smooth. I did not pass the phone screen unfortunately, but would highly recommend the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string in place   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Addepar (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had a very smooth interview process. First I had a phone interview consisting of mainly behavioral questions. After passing that, I had a technical phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly. Asked a a few behavioral question first, then moved on to technical portion, then asked if I had any questions for him.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Addepar.

Interview

Two phone screen tech interview, on on-site (5 tech interviews, 2 coding, 2 system design, 1 debug). I had very mixed feelings about my on-site interview experience. The phone interviews are conducted very well. But the on-site interviews are just a little hit and miss. Which I would expect from the size of the company. Because there's no software engineer interview process installed, the engineers just pretty much do what they want and don't have too much interviewing practice. Of my 5 on site interviews, 3 of them I think were good (2 coding and 1 system design). What I do have problem is the debug interview. The question is to find a bug why an url return error from a python http client but not from browser. The interviewer show me a small library of a python (about 12 separate files) and ask me to find the bug. I told the interviewer I am not familiar with python although since I have been programming code for a long time, it doesn't bother me to understand the python code but I might be a little slow. And he said it's okay the bug has nothing to do with the actual code implementation. Then I was confused, if the bug had nothing to do with the actual code implementation, then why show me the whole source code on the computer and ask me to look for the bug "in the actual code". The most puzzle thing to me is, what the interviewer tried to learn from asking the question? Did the candidate know python? What's the approach for the candidate to debug? Anyways, in my opinion, it's always weird nowadays for a software engineer interview to ask the debug question. The idea is just weird to me. Especially when the debug question is asking the candidate to find the implementation mistake written in a language that the candidate might not be familiar with. By the way, in the end for the answer for that bug is in one of the python code implementation! Lol. Well, that might be just I am biased but move on, I don't think the debug question is that bad, but the system design interview by one of the engineer. I don't have any problem with the system design question he asked, as matter of fact, I liked his system design question, the problem is, he is just plain rude while he conducted the interview. When asked about system design interview, it should encourage the candidate to think out loud and eventually collect you ideas to articulate the answer, but the interviewer just kept mad dogging me the whole time like I am some kinda idiot even though I did provide the right answer. It's okay you don't like my answer, but stop mad dogging me. The worst part is, he would interrupt me while I am thinking out loud and even myself wasn't so sure if that would be my final answer yet, he would interrupt me and use this condescending tone to ask me why I would even have that idea, dude, chill, I was just thinking out loud, and think of all the possibilities, that wasn't my final answer yet! The worst part is, not only he interrupted me while I was thinking out loud, he kept pressuring me to answer him why I would have that wrong thinking process, dude! That's just one of my many thoughts, I wasn't even sure that was the final answer or even contribute to my final answer yet because I haven't even examined those thoughts yet, you don't have to show off. Even with his rude attitude, I know I got the answer right. In the end, I didn't get an offer, my guess would be the debug question I didn't answer correctly. But honestly I am actually happy if that is the reason, because if Addepar thinks that debug question is appropriate and important to them for a software engineer position, I'd say I wouldn't fit in Addepar's engineering culture at all anyways, not there's anything wrong with them, but just I don't particular understand the intention of the debug question in general. The little secret was, I was even worried about if they gave me an offer I would have to figure out a way to turn them down because I knew I did fairly well for the rest interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.