Anglo American Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anglo American Interview Questions

Interviews at Anglo American

2.9

Boilermaker/Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

it was well excellent,fair,and accomodating for other people.very interesting.i would love to be recommended.im looking forward for the available vacancies to be part of the assessment.the interview was quite good.and i would love to re locate and work oversease.

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Rustenburg, North-West (South Africa)) in September 2020.

Interview

The process of actually getting an interview takes long and even after the interview you don't know if you were successful or not 😔but overall it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

• Your experience in the field.   1 Answer

Graduate Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American.

Interview

Online application followed by Montage video questions. I was told telephonic interviews and panel interviews follow, unfortunately I did not make it to the next rounds of the interview stages.

Interview Questions

Anglo American Response

26 Aug 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your honest review. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in August 2020.

Interview

Very efficient process and great communication with HR. The recruitment consultant even sent me tips and a good luck message before the interview. The panel made me feel comfortable.

21 Sep 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

RADIOGRAPHY Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Soweto (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anglo American (Soweto (South Africa)) in August 2020.

Interview

The hiring process was so long, applied in May and only got to be interviewed in August. I was ghosted for the whole month August with no feedback after doing variations of my qualifications, criminal background check and writing psychometric test. I am still waiting even now to know if o got the offer or not.

Interview Questions

Anglo American Response

22 Sep 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

We appreciate the feedback you have shared with us today, there does seem to have been a long time between your application to your interview and a lack of suitable and timely status update along the way. Our intention is never to ghost candidates but in this instance we fell below the expectations and standards that we have. We are reviewing the lessons learnt with the relevant teams to ensure we do better in our future roles. We apologize for the disappointment that this has caused you and please do feel free to reach out to us directly where we will aim to give you some deeper feedback into this instance, our candidate experience and the way we treat our candidates is of the upmost importance to us. Thank you again for your candid feedback to us.

IT/Digital Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American.

Interview

I was approached by an offshore-based recruiter to interview for a role that is identical to one I do now for another Fortune 100 company. The recruiter was late for our call and did not seem to be well prepared in terms of his understanding of the position or the needs of the hiring manager. He asked one or two questions, did not make much of an effort to probe my experience, and ended the call after about five minutes. It felt like a superficial process, and from the point of view of the applicant, not terribly respectful.

Interview Questions

• High level question about experience and qualifications   Answer Question

6 Jul 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear about your negative experience in this regard. At Anglo American we are continuing to refine our recruitment process and we appreciate that it is lengthy at times. We are always open to constructive feedback and your suggestions will help us evaluate any necessary adjustments.

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durban (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anglo American (Durban (South Africa)) in June 2020.

Interview

Was a long drawn out process. Was a little disappointed with lack of feedback. Video interview and phone screening questions were very similarly asked (if not the same).

Interview Questions

Anglo American Response

6 Jul 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your feedback; we truly appreciate you taking the time to provide your thoughts on the Recruitment Process. Unfortunately, due to the current pandemic we made the decision to extend the timeframes for our Online Testing and Video Interview stages to support candidates who may have been impacted by lack of access to technology and other factors, as communicated 29th April. Apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused, we will take all your feedback on board for future reference as the candidate experience is paramount and we endeavour to continuously improve wherever possible.

Contract Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2020.

Interview

HR was polite and shared background information about the company and role applied for. Interview was scheduled within 1.5 weeks. HR arrangement of interview process was rather smooth and candidates were not left hanging for result post-interview.

Interview Questions

Anglo American Response

26 Aug 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your honest review. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence in all our processes. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2020.

Interview

Process was fully remote due to COVID-19. CV screening, online SHL tests, video interview, phone calls, conference calls with different departments in the final round. Most interviewers were friendly, great conversations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years   Answer Question
    • Incidents where you displayed your leadership/ worked in a team/ exceeded expectations   Answer Question

26 Aug 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are continuing to refine our recruitment process and we appreciate that it is lengthy at times. Wising you all the best in your future endeavors.

Safety Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (London, England) in April 2020.

Interview

Interview was well planned and organised. The panel had knowledge & were experience within the area. You need to prepare for any number of questions - Reflect on different situations from your career that were highlights, difficult and how you over come them.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time I was over ambitious?   1 Answer

6 Jul 2020 – Sourcing Analyst

Thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to hear that you had a great experience and would like you to know that we continuously strive to provide our candidates with the best and most positive experiences. Wishing you all the best in your career with Anglo American.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.