Anglo American Reviews

Found 302 of over 858 reviews

4.5
Anglo American Chief Executive Mark Cutifani
Mark Cutifani
Pros
  • "work-life balance, good company brand, learning and development opportunities(in 11 reviews)

• "Good benefits and incentives for the employees(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Hard work and long hours international projects in multiple time zones(in 10 reviews)

• "Work life balance could be improved(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is well run with the CEO and GMC having a clear strategy and direction

Cons

Whilst the overall group has a clear direction some of the functional leadership are more concerned with their own ambition rather than the company's

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We are constantly working on improving our processes as well as our leadership styles to ensure our employees have the best guidance to perform at the best of their abilities.

2. 4.0

Great Company

Aug 11, 2021 - Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in Teesside County Borough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, resourceful, interesting, opportunities, multinational

Cons

Slow, spread out, over complicate

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your positive feedback. We value your opinion and agree that we encourage learning and development for our employees so that they are able to become the best versions of themselves and excel in their careers.

3. 5.0

Awesome

Jun 27, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company for starting management

Cons

Pressure finish project in time

Continue reading

Anglo American Response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We value your feedback and continually strive for excellence. We have incredibly innovative and inspiring leaders in our organisation whom we are very proud of.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Excellent, purpose-driven company to work for with great benefits

Jun 20, 2021 - Group Head in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership team strongly bought into the company’s purpose (Re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives), genuinely great bunch of very diverse professionals, good benefits and lots of leeway to look at things differently.

Cons

The company’s growth and global footprint mean working hours can be long (although they are pretty flexible about working arrangements, particularly for those with caring responsibilities).

Continue reading

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Positive

May 28, 2021 - Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company to work for

Cons

Do not have any issues here

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It’s rewarding to hear that you recognise the major actions we take as an organisation to be an Employer of Choice by many. We truly aspire to live by our company values. Thank you for choosing to work at Anglo American

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work with great people

May 17, 2021 - Performance Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, exposure across the Group, great team

Cons

Some days busier than others, cyclical nature of deliverables

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. Here at Anglo American we value the wellbeing of our employees and are proud to be an employer who promotes a healthy work-life-balance environment.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

May 21, 2021 - Communication Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, with accompanying benefits

Cons

Inconsistency across regions, needs more management focus

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your honest review. We always strive for excellence and will continuously work on improving our culture and living our company values. As a large corporate company, it can be a challenge to ensure a consistent culture across the board however we can assure you that we are always working towards improving our processes and we are always open to suggestions and feedback.

8. 3.0

Heavy Hierarchy, Band 4 upwards cannot fail

May 18, 2021 - Principal in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some travel and exposure globally

Cons

Old School with all the baggage associated.

1 person found this review helpful

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We value your opinion. We are always open to constructive criticism and strive to improve our interactions with existing as well as future employees. While we are 100yr+ company, we work to make sure that we are innovative and always improving our processes, working towards excellence.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Big company with many opportunities to learn but not so good in developing own workforce to grow

May 12, 2021 - Strategic Workforce Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company with a lot of opportunities for learning

Cons

Very politicised environment and culture. Difficult to progress in career.

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback and we are disappointed to hear about your experience. As a large corporate company, it can be a challenge to ensure a consistent culture across the board however we can assure you that we are always working towards improving our processes and we are always open to suggestions and feedback.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great MNC to work for

Apr 7, 2021 - Technology Analyst in Scarborough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Just like any other MNC, AA also offers a wide range of perks

Cons

Unlike startups, it can be difficult to put forward personal ideas and have them approved

Global Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your honest feedback. We pride ourselves with offering our employees very competitive benefits and support and will continue to improve our benefits and offerings going forward. As a large corporate company, it can be a challenge to ensure a consistent culture across the board however we can assure you that we are always working towards improving our processes and we are always open to suggestions and feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 302 Reviews