Applicaster Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Applicaster Interview Questions

Interviews at Applicaster

2.3

Senior Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Applicaster.

Interview

I went through multiple rounds of interviews, completed hours of work towards a design challenge and a full presentation and never even heard a word back from them before I was meant to commence the final interview. No feedback. No call. No nothing. Not even a "thanks, no thanks". Avoid this company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my past experience, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applicaster (Miami, FL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first approached by a recruiter, afterwards they had one phone interview, a frontal meeting at the office in the Miami site, an home assignment which was a very good one and a Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• What do I like about my current work environment, and what do I not like about it?   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applicaster (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was the regular, first 2 phone call for the screening process, then onsite interview, it looks like a great company to work with a very flexible work environment

Product Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applicaster (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

3x 121 interviews
    1x task

Interviews conducted with chief product officer, Head of product, design UX lead

Task was a product critique, user story generation and UX wireframe exercise

Interviewers were very transparent, more of an exchange of views and experience. Very conversational. My advise to any further candidates is avoid talking about what professional growth you expect. They describe themselves as being a flat structure, despite having clear hierarchy (I interviewed with several levels in my interview process) - I found the lack of this acknowledgement a bit strange, they want someone to fit into this non-hierarchical structure that clearly has clear defined seniority within their titles.... Bit bizarre. Would have happily taken the job if it had been offered.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer

How do you work with other team members across an organisation

Have you had to negotiate with stakeholders, how did you go about doing it.   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applicaster (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

First and only step was on-site interview with the manager. During the interview she mostly just wanted to make sure I had the proper people and language skills to work as a hotel recpetionist. The rest of the time was devoted to telling me about the franchise and its individual hotels, focusing on the one I was expected to start working in.

Interview Questions

• Please speak English for the rest of the interview   2 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applicaster (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

5 interviews; 2 X EU office (one phone screen, one extensive in person interview), 1 call with specialist developer, 1 call with NY office, 1 call with CTO from company HQ,

Interview Questions

• Varied, more interested in my experience, approach to the challenge than a formulaic Q&A.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applicaster (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Was very focused and very fast. Phone interview, real interview and a short excersise. Was interviwed by 3 people at once. Gave me an answer after 1 day. Started working after one week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. Gave me an offer and I took it.

Chief Product Officer (CPO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applicaster (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position of CPO at the company. I was introduced to different employees from different teams and positions and I was impressed by the company’s vision and list of customers. I spent a few hours at the offices in Tel-Aviv during the interview process and people looked busy but friendly. The interview process was informative and welcoming.

One meeting was with the company’s CEO & founder, who is super brilliant. The meeting was sincere and fascinating, especially the way he shared his vision and the way he talked about his employees. I highly recommend meeting this successful company!

Interview Questions

• What is my suggestion to bring applicaster's next big thing in the TV industry?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applicaster (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

I had a chat with a nice lady after that I came for an interview with the head of the department and her superior. Asked a lot of technical questions and background check. Explained a lot about the position and what to expect. Seems professional though I didn't know the product

Interview Questions

• With what customers I used to work with   1 Answer

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applicaster.

Interview

Interviewed at Tel Aviv, Israel.

1. Initial phone interview/screening with an HR representative.
    2. Came in for an onsite interview with the Support Team leader and the HR rep. who contacted me.
    3. Onsite interview with the Head of Operations.
    4. They contacted previous Managers for recommendations (I was told this would be the final step).

I was then informed that the position is on hold and that I might be contacted on a later date: after 3 weeks I was informed the position is again open, and was asked to come in for some additional interviews (on the same day at least).

5. Onsite interview with VP of HR.
    6. Onsite interview with the COO.
    7. Onsite training/exposure regarding their CMS system.

After 3 days I was informed that, again (!), the position was on hold (some apologies were given), and this has nothing to do with me but to internal issues within the company (I was literally told "it's not you or your qualifications, it's the company" - it seemed reliable).

After an additional month I noticed that the position has come up again, so I inquired if I'm still a viable candidate (as I was told in our last conversation) - their reply was that the profile for the position has been changed, but just looking at the technical qualifications and job description this was the same position.

While I have no clue why they chose to have me go through such an ordeal if I wasn't a viable candidate (or why was I told I'm the 'leading candidate' prior to them contacting my previous managers), I can sum up the experience as very unprofessional and lacking clarity.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were very standard (and repetitive): Asked about previous previous positions and challenges mainly.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.