Associated Press Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Associated Press Interview Questions

Interviews at Associated Press

2.9

News Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Press (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Was mostly two interviews both online zoom interviews that focus on skills and high level technical overview questions. First was with one developer who was also in charge of hiring and the second was a final phone screen with another journalism developer.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical news feature architechture and if I were to create one feature for news journalism what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Director of Global Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Press (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen with an AP recruiter, who advised me that she did not think I would be a good fit for AP based on the fact that I currently work for a large financial services! Salary is below average for the level. I was therefore quite surprised when I received a call asking me to come in for an in-person interview, but I felt I had nothing to lose. More of the same! Hiring Manager had obviously decided against me before the interview started, and questions seemed designed to prove that I was not a good fit for the role. Then met with the head of IT, who was the only person who appeared to be fair and open minded. This session went very well and I was obviously well qualified for the position. Received a machine-generated rejection 6 weeks after the interview. The job was re-posted on Glassdoor the following day! Very unprofessional and insincere process! I would strongly advise against applying to this position!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to supervise a difficult person?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through campus job fair, My resume was selected and was contacted by HR , onsite interview was scheduled with the team. The onsite interview was with the entire team.

Interview Questions

• Resume based questions and general experience with technology   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Two interviews, one with journalist and one with bureau head. Both interviews were pleasant and focused on fit. They also had me take a new-writing test, that focused on news writing and infomration processing ability.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Associated Press.

Interview

Got the job through someone. So the interview process wasn't bad. I was told that I would be carrying production equipment and assisting the production manager with the location to record the fashion shows.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Press (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Start with a phone interview
    A week later in person interview with Dept head > VP > Director > HR
    Second phone interview primairly technical

Not many Interview questions per say. Giant conversation about AP and myself and if their would be a great fit.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Press (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a good interview. Had an opportunity to connect with a great journalist and it was interesting to see the editorial level that they have. The interviewer was professional and undertanding.

Interview Questions

• What stories would be you report on?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Press (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR isn't responsive. There is no follow up after I took time from work and went to their. Overall, It doesn't feel like to be respected from the interaction with HR. I'm surprised that AP would treat people.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Press (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Met with the department head then other department members. Read over different articles to find errors. Was questioned about the field I was interviewing in. It took about two to three hours and was a good interview process.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Press (New York, NY (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I was asked about my experience as editor. I was given an editing test that involved editing a few stories and photo captions. Everyone was nice. I didn't feel intimidated by the process. I waited a couple of weeks before I received an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, breaking news situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.