AvePoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AvePoint Interview Questions

Interviews at AvePoint

2.6

Anonymous Title Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AvePoint in November 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the talent source approximately a week ago. I made it to the 2nd round of interviews with the hiring manager. The interview process was overall pleasant. No 'do this work project before we hire you' which is all the rage these days. I believe it came down to me and another individual and unfortunately I was not selected. I would have appreciated better follow-through from the recruiter. In other words, if you say you're going to call after my interview with the hiring manager, I shouldn't have to reach out to you days after the fact to get a rejection. That was not appreciated and if it were not for that, this would have been a thumbs up vs neutral. Other than that, no complaints. They seem like a pretty decent place to work and I would apply again.

Marketing Campaign Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was rather short. I was first contacted by a recruiter and was then moved on to the second round where I spoke with the hiring manager. It was frustrating because they never contacted me afterwards with at least a confirmation they moved on with another candidate.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint (Chesterfield, VA (US)).

Interview

Such a waste of time. Process was drawn out and time consuming. 2 phone interviews, 1 onsite interview with 3 different individuals. All of that for the decision to be left in the hands of someone already in the role you are applying for... of course someone already in this role isn’t going to like good applicants; numbers matter and it’s all about meeting a quota. See full process below.

-Email from a recruiter to set up time to speak on the phone. (Recruiter was located in Chicago)
    -Phone interview with recruiter, lasted about an hour. Extremely pleasant conversation, typical recruiter/applicant interview.
    -Recruiter sends interview notes to Manager Mid-Marketing... only moves forward if he likes what the recruiter relays
    -Email from recruiter setting up a time to participate in a phone interview with Manager Mid-Marketing (Manager Mid-Marketing located in New Jersey)
    -Phone interview with Manager Mid-Marketing. Lasted about an hour. Not an easy interview only because he really makes you think outside of the box. Thoroughly enjoyed talking to him.
    -Manager Mid-Marketing informs recruiter if he wishes to move forward with interview process
    -Email from recruiter to set up a time to talk about phone interview with Manager Mid-Marketing
    -Phone conversation with Recruiter about interview, talks about the next steps and if moving forward sets up a time for onsite interview
    -Email with another application, confirmation of interview time & date, instructions relevant to specific location, etc.
    -On-site interview, almost exactly 2 hours. Interview with a Team Lead (BDR manager) about 30 minutes. Then interview with BDR Team Member (same job applying for) took me on a tour of the office, showed me the software/systems they use, explained the role and their day to day routine, also lasted about 30 minutes. Final interview with HR representative, also lasting about 30 minutes.
    -Email from recruiter asking to set up a time to talk about how interview went.
    -Phone call from Recruiter with results.

Entire process was about 3 and a half weeks long, I felt like they were taking up so much time to prevent you from applying elsewhere.

NO TYPE A PERSONALITIES-apparently that was my downfall. Also, they asked for me to go into detail about what I did at my previous job and then said I took too long to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is a common misconception about sales?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle things not going as planned?   Answer Question
    • If you could choose to sell anything, realistically or not, what would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • Do you wake up every morning knowing exactly what you need to do, or do you just go with the flow?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle being hung-up on?   Answer Question
    • If the way you are presenting yourself and AvePoint isn’t proving to be successful, what would you do?   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AvePoint in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the following day for a phone screen interview. They are looking for very motivated people. Very nice people on the phone and they make you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• What is my visa status? Why do you want to become an Office Assistant? Why will you be successfull?   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied at a career fair at my school. Did F2F with 5 different people. There was a 10 question quiz of mostly technical questions. Also some questions where they give you a scenario and you have to write an email of how you would respond.

Interview Questions

• ping /telnet Ports, types of backups, windows services, IIS   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They have a set starting salary, you either take it or leave it. They will not change it.

Strategic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Contact by Recruitment and then a discussion about role. A phone interview with hiring manager and others in the group. Then if they like you, you get a face to face interview at HQ. If you pass that, then an offer is made and you are in.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were centered around previous experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint in February 2016.

Interview

They ask for your SharePoint knowledge and basic troubleshooting questions. They are checking to see if you can be a drone. They will tell you it's only email support, but the truth is that it's mostly phone support and WebExes.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AvePoint.

Interview

It was a total of 5 interviews. The process took about a month maybe less. I did 3 phone interviews and 1 in person with 3 managers and an account executive. I was later offered the job the next couple days.

Interview Questions

• How can you use what you learned from your last job to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

User Experience UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvePoint (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

A recruiter presented me the job position and it peaked my interest. First, I had an initial phone call discussing my background as well as the role that I was applying for and to make sure both sides were interested. The phone call was very informative and casual. The next steps was a on site interview where I met the team and managers I would be working with. It was very casual, but deliberate in making sure I was the right fit for the role. Overall it was a great experience and everyone I met was personable and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• If I had any experience with SEO.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AvePoint (Arlington, VA (US)).

Interview

Uh this was by far the creepiest most uncomfortable interview I've ever had. I was interviewed by some 25 year old "managers" who actually looked like they were 40 and smelled like an ashtray. Their office is in some run down building g near Courthouse. After they told me they ususally work until 7 to get work done and after they get home they are expected to check emails, I was ready to jump out of the window to leave this place. When I asked if I would get a laptop they said nope, only a desktop (I have to use.my own computer at home) , oh and the salary is pretty much 45k a year. Thanks but no thanks. Their selling point was that they had a png pong room and free food. I was laughing the whole way out the door.

Interview Questions

• Can you work outside of office hours and not be hourly?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.