Badoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Badoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Badoo

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Badoo (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It's Skype interview from London office. It's the first stage of the hiring process.

I am amazed by how the interviewer is so helpful for the interview process. Before this first stage, I had conversation with the interviewer about 3 weeks ago. So they really want us to be ready for the interview.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in November 2016.

Interview

4 slow paced interviewswith no feedback whatsoever, it was very time consuming and I believe the interview process should be streamlined further and reduce unwanted screeening Group screening was quite good with lots of questions thrown at you, it takes atleas 4 hours overall once you are on site.

Moderator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a job interview by email and then in London when the manager explained me everything about the job. I spent one full day in London at the HQ. There is not too much else to say.

Interview Questions

• No specific question. The manager and I just talked about me and the job   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Badoo (Moscow (Russia)) in June 2015.

Interview

First of all - pre-check quiz with HR on phone.
    4 hours on site interview with CTO and department leads. Nice people. Interesting questions.
    MySQL centric.
    Design a MySQL structure for some problem.
    Architecture questions.
    Simple PHP tasks.
    Nice architecture discussion.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Badoo in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online (October 2017). The telephone interview was quick (within a week). After a week they said, I am not though. Totally it took 17 days. Beware, HR team does the initial technical screening - you cannot fool them!! lol..

Interview Questions

• General
      1. Why are you looking for a move?
      2. Have you worked for product based company?
      3. What language you don't want to work with and what you would like to work with?
      4. Front end and back end development experience.
      5. Name all the front end JS libraries you use.
      6. Do you have any experience building social networking site?

Technical
      1. have you used Vanilla JS?
      2. Have you used Angular/react JS?
      3. How long would you take to pick up Angular or react js?
      4. What is the use of var keyword?
      5. What is the difference between var and let?
      6. What is the difference? - var a = ‘Hello’ vs var b = new String(‘Hello’);
      7. What is Garbage collector and its feature?
      8. What is a closure?   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the current HR Manager who is about to leave the company and the Talent Acquisition Manager. On arrival I was shown around the very impressive Soho-based office before meeting my interviewers. I haven't had any update or feedback following the interview (in spite of chasing) but I have assumed I haven't been successful (no news is usually bad news). Lack of feedback is the main reason why I am dissatisfied and disappointed with this interview experience. I only read the Glassdoor reviews after the interview but a number of questions I was asked made more sense to me after seeing these reviews. My impression is that Badoo may be looking for an HR person who will be comfortable with carrying out the decisions of senior management without questioning them or agreeing with them.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to carry out an action you personally disagreed with?   Answer Question

Badoo Response

15 Jul 2016

We're sorry you feel this way about your interview experience, and have taken the time to investigate as we pride ourselves on providing a quality candidate experience. Our records indicate any... More

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in March 2017.

Interview

applied via website, got contacted the next day and arranged interview, interview followed a few days later, process was highly efficient and communication was via email, the offices and atmosphere impressed, people seem very happy and relaxed, the whole process took 5 days and although I didn't receive an offer, the overall experience was very good

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about your ER experience?
      - Where would you say, you need to develop further?
      - How would a usual working day look like?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

One pre-screening call and two video technical calls.
    HR person requested to have 3 calls during the process. He was late for each of them (15-40 mins delay).
    There were also two one-hour calls with technical questions conducted by QA guys. No introduction was given, answers had to be given from the very start. The dialog in both calls was held very arrogantly. Intonations were rude, questions sometimes were not clear or even irrelevant.
    I find Badoo hiring process to be rude and disrespectful. The company has no corporate culture at all in this area.

Interview Questions

• The difference between an interface and an abstract class   Answer Question

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Badoo in May 2017.

Interview

I got an email a couple of days after applying on the web site.

The Skype interview was a week later and was pretty easy - general questions about the design, experience and some questions about the specific work examples.

A week later I got an email with a test task to complete. The task was meant to test my UX skills, thinking process and UI skills. The actual task was to create a design for an imaginary new functionality. I completed the task using common design approaches and guidelines.

A week later I got an email thanking me for the interest in the company. The explanation can be summed as "you did what you should have done and you didn't do what we didn't ask". As this made no sense I thought they selected someone else and just gave me some randomly generated reply.

But a month later they still had the job opening.

And that same month later they implemented the "imaginary" new functionality the test task was about in the actual product. The only major difference was the location of the functionality - instead of standalone page (test task), an existing page (product) was used. This makes a difference, but still approaches could have been taken from the completed test task and implemented into the real product. There were no similarities with my design, but I assume I was not the only one given the task.

I get the idea of test task, but if the feature is presented as imaginary and turns out to be in the real product, it looks sketchy the least. What it looks like the most is a Spec work without even disclosing it.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the product?   1 Answer

Badoo Response

26 Jul 2017 – Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback.

The task phase of the our interview process is intended to present a real-life challenge our design team have faced. We try and keep the task fresh by looking at... More

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in July 2011.

Interview

Two 1hr telephone interviews with Russia
    Two marathon sessions in London. 7 hours seeing 11 people. Would have been more had I not put a stop to proceedings

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.