Badoo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Badoo Interview Questions

Interviews at Badoo

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Badoo (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

It's Skype interview from London office. It's the first stage of the hiring process.

I am amazed by how the interviewer is so helpful for the interview process. Before this first stage, I had conversation with the interviewer about 3 weeks ago. So they really want us to be ready for the interview.

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England).

Interview

The interview process here was truly heinous. For me it went on roughly 4 months. I had to do an assignment before even having a first interview. Just a bunch of hoops and ladders to go through, with a lot of incomplete information. There was completely different information fed to different candidates, which was all quite shady and misleading. In the end they didn't fill the role. I'm pretty sure they went through the process just to use candidate's ideas.

Interview Questions

Badoo Response

11 Dec 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry that you didn't have a positive interview experience with us. Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered. Best of luck with everything.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Badoo (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2019.

Interview

- Basic technical and non-technical questions through Skype/phone audio call, 15-30 minutes;
    - Technical interview in the office, 2-3 hours;
    - Meeting the team, 30-60 minutes.

All in all, everything went smoothly. Everybody was polite and friendly.

Interview Questions

Badoo Response

23 Jan 2020

Thank you for leaving a review and congrats on your new role!

English Community Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied for another role with the same company via email, I soon received an email from the recruiter (Bryony) who informed me that there is another role in the company which would be better suited to my skillset. I had a brief phone conversation with her and was then asked to fill out a scenario based questionnaire. This resulted in a Skype interview with the team, and then a final interview with the Lead and Head of Community operations.

Overall a very positive and welcoming experience. Bryony was very helpful and friendly; I was well informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

Badoo Response

23 Jan 2020

Thanks for your feedback and congrats on your new role!

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied through the LinkedIn website. The recruiting process was quite quick and well-structured - it took around 2.5 weeks (from the first contact with the HR to the job offer).
    I was glad that I was dealing with one recruiter the whole time, she went through all the stages of the process with me and was really helpful.

There were 4 stages of the interview process:
    - A phone call with the HR specialist (lasted 10-15 min).
    - 2 online questionnaires, it included: a translation practice, responding to customer complaints and the product description tasks.
    - A 1h Skype interview with 2 members of the team (most of the questions were related to my background and previous experience).
    - The final interview with the Head of the Department (we went through my CV and my answers to the questionnaires) and with my future manager.

The team was very nice and friendly and I could tell they genuinely wanted me to do well. I got my offer less than a week later and accepted it the same day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my background and work experience.
      They asked detailed questions about the obstacles I tackled.   Answer Question
    • Company and its products. Product features testing.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

11 Dec 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great that you found our interview process quick and well structured and overall you felt it was positive. Congrats on your new role and welcome to the team!

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The whole process was very straightforward:
    1. An hour long chat about previous experience and opportunities
    2. Take home assignment, which was tough but extremely interesting to complete
    3. Several interviews on site (Product team, Engineering, Senior management)
    4. Offer

It was very well explained what to expect from every stage of the process, so I have a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Almost every on site interview had questions related to my previous experience and the take home assignment. I really appreciated that every person I had interviews with took time to go through my solution and prepared questions in advance.   Answer Question

11 Dec 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that you found the interview process to be straight forward and thorough. Congrats on your new role and we look forward to welcoming you to the team.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England).

Interview

The interview process is very long, and the recruiters are not good at organising or getting back to you.
    I did both the face to face call, and a full presentation in my own time over a week.
    I arrived for a final face to face to be told two people were not there, and so another interview would have to be planned.
    I was subsequently told on a Tuesday I was having my Final Final.. interview on Thursday and timings were to be confirmed, and then was ghosted until Friday despite multiple emails and voicemails left.
    When I was finally contacted, I was told they were waiting to get hold of the CEO and we will have to wait until the week he returned from a business trip.
    Since then I have emailed, and have had absolutely no response.... so still in the dark.

For a company which prides themselves on building meaningful connections, why not start with your recruitment team and potential employees. :)

Interview Questions

Badoo Response

3 Oct 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We want to offer every candidate the best experience possible and I'm sorry to learn that wasn't the case here. Your feedback has been shared. Thanks for your interest in MagicLab and I wish you the best with your future career.

Interview

Very smooth and quick. An appointment was made within 10 hours of applying and the subsequent interview took place one day later. Have never been that quick. Really positive experience. Would definetely recommend. <thank you badoo

Interview Questions

Badoo Response

18 Sep 2019

Thanks for leaving a review, it's great to hear you had a positive experience with us and we're delighted that you'll be joining (/ have joined) our team. Congrats on your new role and best of luck getting started.

Russian Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I would say my general experience with them was neutral but lingering towards negative.

First HR agent e-mailed and then called me for pre-screening questions. Later she had sent 2 links for online assessment.

First was fully based on translation, second required their app to be installed and tested and then provide replies to customer complains.

I spent around 3.5 hours doing all that.

She got back few days after saying I had made quite a few grammar mistakes and also had not complete all the tasks, so they would not be progressing with me. Later turned out she had not passed all my tasks herself to the team who checked the tests. Obviously the impression was spoiled right away.

Next day she wrote again saying now they had checked everything and found "other" mistakes. No evidence, no breakdown was provided.

The whole process left rather bad aftertaste, it also did not look fully transparent to me. HR lady made a bad impression with her own mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Their app free and paid functions   1 Answer

18 Sep 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear it was not a more positive experience, your feedback has been noted and shared with our team. Thanks for your interest in Badoo and best of luck with your future career.

User Experience Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Badoo (London, England).

Interview

A phone screen, a Skype interview, and a thorough in-person interview with employees across multiple departments. I also completed a task on the day of the interview.

It was helpful to meet with a wide range of employees to get a full understanding of the role.

Interview Questions

• Name/discuss a company you believe produces exemplary UX copy.   Answer Question

29 Aug 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad you had such a positive interview experience with us. Congrats on your new role and we look forward to giving you a big MagicLab welcome!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.