Bank of England Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 361 of over 361 interviews

Recruiter2%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Bank of England

Application

I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was a short initial screening interview. The second interview required me to analyse data and create a presentation in advance to deliver in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Probing questions on the presentation and standard behavioural questions.
    Answer Question

Bank of England

Application

I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

Easy basic questions not designed to trick you. However they look for precise and detailed answers and a good display of knowledge. Good overall experience. Don't overthink it as they don't expect the world from you.

Interview Questions
  • If you started a company today, what would its top values be?

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

87 Comments

Join the conversation on

Bank of England

Application

I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

Started with an application form then had to do online tests, then after passing the tests, video interview and then assessment centre with 2 games and interview with two members of staff

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bank of England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

During covid it was a video call interview. Interviewers were nice and polite, and it took three to four weeks to hear back on the result of the interview. Interview was solely focused on how you describe your experience and what you did in particular in situations you describe.

Interview Questions
  • Competency based, using the STAR method, for skills required on the role.

Bank of England

Application

I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

Online application with a small number of 'technical' questions on the banking sector, followed by one interview with the hiring manager and another colleague. Questions were competency based for the most part, with some technical questions at the end.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time that you've had to explain a complex topic in a simple and concise way.
5 people found this interview helpful

Bank of England

Application

I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

1. Online test (numerical and verbal reasoning) 2. Online interview. Several interview questions about why do you choose the company or why this particular position, and questions about what will you do if you find 3. Assessment centre

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England)

Interview

Standard interview questions over the phone as it was during variius lockdowns and 96% of staff are working from home. Hiting takes about a month because of the security checks they need to do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bank of England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

It was an easy application made through the school. Spoke to an HR rep beforehand to get a scope of what it would be like. Interviewed. No tests or further queries.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bank of England (London, England)

Interview

2 video interviews. the interviewers were relaxed and conducted the interview smoothly. the questions were very clear and prior preparation was necessary. the questions (from the first interview) were about my motivations, my knowledge of the central bank. the questions in the second interview were more about my job-related skills.

Interview Questions
  • Why BoE? Why do you want this job? What skills could you bring to BoE? How would you go about persuading someone to see things your way at work?

Bank of England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bank of England

Interview

The interview process was absolutely standard. The interview process typically includes the following steps: submitting your application, CV, Cover Letter and answering additional questions by showing whether you have relevant experience and skills for the role. After successful application you will be invited in for a second online interview with members of the team.

Interview Questions
  • Please provide an overview of your experience of managing senior stakeholders
Viewing 1 - 10 of 361 Interviews