Base4 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Base4 Interview Questions

Interviews at Base4

2.9

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Base4.

Interview

Skype Interview. Asked to prepare some slides.

A complete waste of time. Interviewer had not read slides, had not read CV and seemed to have already decided that they did not want me.

Experimental Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base4 (Cambridge, England) in May 2018.

Interview

First was a general skype interview with typical background questions describing previous projects and experience. Second interview was onsite with two CTOs. There was a 20 minute presentation plus questions. They asked genuine questions about research work rather than the kinds of questions you see on recruitment websites. They gave me plenty of time to talk and answer the questions fully and to ask questions about the role. This was followed by a lab and office tour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch to industry from academic research   Answer Question
    • How did you find out about us and what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Base4 in February 2017.

Interview

Filled in standard form, followed by Skype interview. CEO of the company was quite brash, and not particularly interested. Overall not a particularly friendly or useful experience, no feedback was given.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Base4 (Cambridge, England).

Interview

Very friendly and informal interview process. General discussion of your relevant experience and technical skills. Management may ask you to repeat your presentation to a second group of employees. If the interview goes well you will be given a tour of the lab facilities.

Interview Questions

• General discussion on your PhD work, publications, previous projects, etc. Discussion on relevant skills and how you solved specific problems.   Answer Question

Experimental Physicist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Base4.

Interview

Initial skype screening interview with the CEO. The CEO seemed positive but said they had too many physicists at the time. The interview itself was very brief and not very technical.

Molecular Biologist-Biochemist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Base4.

Interview

I got in touch by email with my CV, later I was asked to send a standard form that basically just asked whether I could work or not in the UK. Then I was selected and we arranged a skype conversation which was friendly and distended, and after that the interview process did not progress further.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me what do you know about a DNA preparation"   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Base4 in February 2016.

Interview

I know three people who have interviewed with Base4 (myself included), the same interview technique was used in each case. An initial skype interview with CEO followed by face-to-face interview with senior staff. The interview focused on very specific technical topics, and was less about the candidate and more about information gathering. The CEO came across as intellectually arrogant, with very little experience in commercialising hardware.

Experimental Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Base4 (Cambridge, England) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying online via cv, covering letter and a questionnaire, was asked for Skype interview. One of the most bizarre interviews I've ever had. Was asked a single question - 'why I don't you have a Ph.D. then?' to which I replied I'd wanted to get into industry at which the CEO rather abruptly ended the interview.

Was left with the impression that Base4 is very much led by the CEO's gut instinct and this could be a difficult place to work unless you are a good personality match with him.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Base4 (Cambridge, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Quite stressful. Technical questions were not very difficult. I had to prepare a short presentation. The atmosphere wasn't very friendly and I didn't have the chance to visit the labs. At the end I had to solve a quiz.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.