Bechtel Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bechtel Interview Questions

Interviews at Bechtel

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

Relatively fast. Had me come down for an in-person interview. Felt welcome. People were friendly. Took about an hour or two. They did not pay for me travel expenses. Took about a month for paperwork to be processed and actually start the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Everyone is polite and is able to access the candidate based on experience and knowledge. They do not ask very technical questions but try to see what you can and cannot do. They are very experienced and interview process is not stressful at all.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

The first round consisted of a virtual hirevue interview in which you respond to pre-recorded questions. The second round was a phone call with senior managers of the various projects.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your work did not meet the expectation of others   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

They called me two weeks after my online application and setup a phone interview. Despite not much a pleasant experience during the phone interview (not polite language during the call), I decided to give it a second chance and accepted the site visit.

Once met with the hiring manager at his office, he told me that the position that they have advertised and interviewed me for is actually not that and they are hiring for a different role. This was a red flag. The rest of the interview was a waste of time.

One of the younger-to-be-managers would try to show he knew a lot or wanted me confess I did know nothing. I think he was insecure or not very competent and was struggling to establish himself as the future lead of the group. The interview process with the younger to-be-manager was not pleasant, both during the phone call and site visit. The rest of their technical team were professional and polite. One would easily notice the contrast after a few minutes of interaction. You would notice nepotism in that group too.

I suggest Bechtel's upper management review their departments hiring processes by sending undercover applicants to different offices, because the unprofessional behavior of some of the people is damaging Bechtel's overall reputation.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know why I have chosen Bechtel. They asked me simple and complicated technical questions. They asked me how I spend my free time and what are my hobbies. How many hours I usually work in a week. What is my long term career goal.   1 Answer

University Hire Startup Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I went to a conference and where I meet HR reps. Week later did a skills assessment which doesn't "affect" your chances of earning an interview. Furthermore, about 2 to 3 weeks later had a phone interview. Great down to earth but professional interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bechtel (State College, PA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Very informal and laid back. 3 people asked me various questions about what I wanted from the company, where I want to work. They talked about the company and the company's values and asked if I had any questions and gave good answers to what I asked.

Interview Questions

• When is one time you had an idea and after implementation it did not work?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied Online and had an Employee Referral.
    Received an Email for a Face to Face Interview. The first interview was with a panel of 2 people and then the same-day second round of interview with a panel of another 2 people. Very good and relaxed atmosphere and good Interview. Waited for more than 3 weeks for a response.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bechtel (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was a panel (which is daunting to the interviewee and not the best way to get a sense of what a prospective employee might offer). At one point, one of the panel members was on her phone, which is extremely rude and unprofessional and I knew at that point neither of us wanted the other. Still, I was assured by two Bechtel employees that I would be informed of their decision one way or another, but I was not.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a Vice President asked you to do something unethical or against company policy?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

College career fair. Easy questions asked by a current employee who was a school alumni. I think they have since stepped up their college program. At the time, it felt like I just walked right into the job, really.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bechtel.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 video interview. Many questions are standard interview questions. Definitely helps to do your research, be honest and open, and enthusiastic. Really know the company to impress

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.