Belcan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Belcan Interview Questions

Interviews at Belcan

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Blue Ash, OH (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter by email.
    Phone interview with recruiter.
    Phone interview with one hiring manager.
    Onsite interview with several people, but all 1:1 interviews.

Typical interviews with HR style questions. Discussed Belcan and the positions available, my resume, and a few projects that I worked on, but no technical assessment. Was offered a position, but in the end, their salary and benefits are sub-par compared to other companies and with a fairly recent round of lay-offs in the rear-view, it wasn't worth the risk.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Belcan (Rockford, IL (US)).

Interview

Applied on website for Rockford, IL position. I was contacted about a month later. Where I did a preliminary phone interview with recruiter, mostly personality questions. After, I was setup with another phone interview with the technical manager in the Rockford location. Same type of questions. I was then given an online computer science/technology aptitude test. Once finished, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with manager. Upon arriving at interview, the manager was unavailable, so met with the higher-ups and given tour and gist of what company does. Two weeks later, called for feedback/update and was told that they were interested, but they had no opening available. (So why was I interviewed?) Another 2 weeks pass and I received urgent emails/voicemails saying that there is a potential opening, so I scheduled interview for next day. Upon arriving this time, the original technical manager was available but head hiring manager/head of project was not! The technical manager then decides that I should speak with other people who are working on the project, but the he has never even spoken with them himself! The technical manager introduces himself to them seconds before introducing myself and explaining that the head of project was unavailable. After being completely thrown off guard, the man working on the project agrees. All three of us sit down to discuss project, but technical manager keeps asking questions about roles and duties to person working on project. (Who's getting interviewed?) Once completed I was told they would contact me in a week, and they were still interested. 2 weeks pass so I call for feedback/update. Recruiter tells me that they just hired another person for position, explaining that technical manager thought I was too quiet. I was completely taken back when I heard that was the reason i was not offered the position and that no one had the courtesy to even let me know their decision, considering the interview process I went through. Overall bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Aptitude test online was general computer science knowledge   Answer Question

Web Applications Developer Interview

Interview

HR contacted me and get phone call next day. HR screen interview. Asked about the resume details, skills, current visa status and location preference. Got lot of information about the company. HR sent follow-up email and more details.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Belcan (West Palm Beach, FL (US)).

Interview

Emailed about intern position, received email confirmation about a week later to schedule an interview. One week later had said interview which was about a 25-35 min process with whom would be my boss. Had a few questions about me, what were my interests, and schedule wise. I told him I live and breath to program, it is my desire in life. Then school scedule changes and that I can commit X hours per week on Y number of days,

Future boss went to tell me the history about Belcan, and not really about what I was going to do per se. Then another future co-worker came in to interview me to more or less gauge me. Had more interaction level, but less time on what it is that I can do, to what I will be doing.

Interview Questions

• No difficult, nor unexpected questions. However critical if your working as an engineering intern. You must know C/C++ there.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was going as an intern, I don't know what salary to expect, and they have a structure for these things.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (Lexington, KY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Sat down with a manager and he talked with me one on one. Asked me why I wanted the position. Also talked about what I enjoyed about engineering and what my hobbies were outside of work and school. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and he was not intimidating.

Senior Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Belcan (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Pro forma. Interviewer had very little knowledge of my actual work scope. Most of the interview revolved around the HR process utilized by Belcan. I'm sorry but there's really nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Belcan (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Two people interviewed me. They sat across a table from me and just asked some basic simple questions. My resume had the exact experiences that they were looking for, so it seemed more like a formality. They really did not seem prepared to give an interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I had a PE license?   1 Answer

Assembly Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Belcan (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

About an hour interview. They asked me questions about what I had on my resume. They also had a mini test asking basic mechanical engineering questions. For example they had me pick the best reusable button out of four cross sectional images. What I would do to a particular object based on the load applied to make it handle it better.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Belcan (Windsor, CT (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call out of the blue from a Belcan recruiter. Listening to the voicemail I thought it was a call for Belkin but after doing a little more research found out that there is a Belcan and Belkin and they are not related. At first I thought it was a phone call for Belkin. After hearing the voicemail I decided to respond to the recruiter's email and said that I was interested. A week goes by and the recruiter calls me back and said funding for that project ran out so they couldnt offer me anything at that time. A month went by and a position that aligned more with my skillset became available and the recruiter called me for an interview. The interview was with two senior executives (also managers) and it was very laid back. They asked me what I knew about Belcan and then they covered every point on my resume. After leaving the interview I felt confident that I was going to receive an offer in a few weeks. Just as I was pulling into my driveway, I got a call from the recruiter saying that the managers really liked me and then I was made an offer and I was given two weeks to make a decision. I accepted the offer and I have been happy with that decision ever since.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Belcan (Windsor, CT (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of a single, on-site interview with three employees from management. This occurred a few weeks after graduating college. Of the questions asked only a few were technical. After I had accepted the job offer the on-boarding process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite university course?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.