Blacks Outdoor Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 27 Nov 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blacks Outdoor Retail

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail.

Interview

I had 3 interviews, but the main one is with the area manager who is taken the final decision. He will try to get you with the minimun wage.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail in May 2015.

Interview

Standard application through the company website, cv, cover letter and a picture. It took two weeks to receive an invitation to the interview and a group assessment. Interview was only 20min but we also had a 30min group exercise.

Interview Questions

• Pick a item (clothing or camping gear) and prepare a short presentation on hiw would you sell it to an interested customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Be enthusiastic and thoughtful.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail (Exeter, England).

Interview

I initially handed in a CV and got offered a customer assistant job at a Freespirit branch. I took this on and worked as much as possible. My job was transferred to Blacks and when a Supervisor position came up I applied. I handed in an application form and had an interview with the manager and area manager with questions such as, describe yourself, what can you bring to the role etc..

Interview Questions

• Selling a specific product to them then and there   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail in October 2013.

Interview

Applied and got invited to interview within a week with manager. After a few days got a phone call to ask if I would like the job however had just accepted another job so had to decline this offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked to do shop floor assessment of strong points and things to improve   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail in August 2010.

Interview

Competency based through out. How and why.....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ealing, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blacks Outdoor Retail (Ealing, England) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview: Quizzed you on related outdoors and retail experience and asked you to recall the layout of the store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't one

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.