Bloomberg Industry Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Bloomberg Industry Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Bloomberg Industry Group

3.1

START Sales Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Crystal City, VA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

There were 5 interviews with 5 different people form the company, ranging from current START representatives and more senior leadership. Their questions were not behavioral focused, more about your specific sales experience and if you understood what their products were that you would be selling. After the 5 interviews, you have lunch with other candidates and get to speak to current START reps about their experience and advice. After lunch, you get a 1-hour case study which is followed by a presentation on your answers to that case study. Treat the case study as a sale, and close the sale to help get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you describe a tough sales experience with a customer?   Answer Question

START Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Arlington, VA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Brief phone call, no frills and informational. Recruiter reached out via Linkedin then proceeded to an initial phone screen before in person all day interview at BNA office. Recruiter was very educated and informational about the program as well as the requirements for the first year of the program.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Arlington, VA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process was 2 thirty minute interviews with different people from the sales training team, and then we had lunch with a few people in the current role to learn more about it and ask questions. We also did a mock playroll that took a total of 50 minutes to prepare for and the role play was about 20 minutes. Job was offered right on the spot but sometimes they make you wait.

Legal Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Arlington, VA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

The process was fairly simple. I worked with a recruiter who informed me about the position and set up the interview. I interviewed with a managing editor and editorial director at the company. I also had to take and pass an editorial writing test.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions -- basically they explained the job to me and showed me what I would be doing rather than asking questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about a position via Linked In. Replied with my interest, provided options for availability. Heard from the recruiter after options had passed, and she suggested additional times. Provided my availability again, never got a response, and options have passed again. Bad impression overall if the recruiter can't even set up time for an initial pre-screen.

Interview Questions

• Did not get to interview because recruiter failed to follow through on scheduling.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Had an interview with the team of 9 which went great, and was actually offered the job verbally within a few hours of the interview. Recruiter called to chat about compensation etc. Weird thing is they never called back, I followed up twice with no response.

Pretty surprising that this happened but I also thought that the recruiter should have the respect of responding to someone after they have dedicated time to the interview process. Found it very unprofessional and I would never want to work for a company that treats people so poorly.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group.

Interview

I applied online through Bloomberg BNA after seeing an opening posted on LinkedIn. About three weeks later, I was contacted by a Bloomberg recruiter indicating that they would like to move forward with my application and asking about my availability over the next two weeks for a phone call to further discuss the opportunity. I responded to the recruiter but never heard back from them. It has been 6 weeks now since applying, 3 since they contacted me about moving forward, and I still have not heard anything more from the recruiter. I tried following up on 2 occasions in case the email was misplaced or filtered incorrectly into the spam folder (unlikely as I replied in-line). I am assuming that the position has now been filled given that their website says all postings are kept up until they have been filled and the posting is no longer up on the careers website.

Why was I contacted and informed that they were moving forward with my application and then ignored? I can understand not responding to each and every applicant who doesn't make the first cut given that there can be a large volume of applications and not all companies have automated processes for hiring, but to completely ignore a candidate after contacting them and indicating that you would like to move forward with their application is completely unprofessional, inappropriate, and unbecoming of a company of any size and status.

For the record, I responded to the initial email within 24 hours (i.e., one business day) so it was within what should be considered a reasonable response time. It wasn't as if I had waited a week or more and they had already conducted other phone calls and narrowed down the candidates to in-person interviews. What an awful experience. I was genuinely interested in the position and excited by the prospect of working with Bloomberg BNA, but the process has left a poor and lasting impression.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group.

Interview

3 hour writing test followed by interview with basic behavioral questions. The writing test was fairly straightforward and relevant to the actual job. It got pretty exhausting/grueling near the end.

START Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Arlington, VA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Two parts: Interviewing with several hiring managers and a difficult role-play scenario to see how well a candidate can sell BBNA products.
    The hiring managers you interview with can change at any point due to their busy schedules and other meetings.

Interview Questions

• "You have about 2 minutes left in the interview so... sell me on something."   2 Answers
    • Hypothetical: Why did you flunk all 4 role-play questions?   3 Answers
    • Why do you want to come back into sales?   2 Answers
    • Where would you like to end up after the 1-year training program.   3 Answers

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Bloomberg Industry Group (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process took almost 6 months from start to finish. I was required to interview with a secretary in the company, who I was told would take notes and give to the hiring committee. The interview was very short and awkward. It felt as though the person conducting the interview was unsure of the job. About a month later, I was asked to interview with another member of the organization. That interview was almost the exact same as the first interview. About a month after the second interview, I was asked to complete a very extensive writing exercise. The company gave me 3 hours to read multiple long and dense legal documents then write multiple articles including sourcing and questions. The writing test was something pretty standard for journalism interviews, but this one felt very dense, difficult, and confusing. Only after that was I required to travel to the company (on my own dime) to interview in front of a panel of 6 individuals from the company. It was very excessive and personally time-consuming.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.