Booths Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Booths Interview Questions

Interviews at Booths

2.7

Manager Interview

Interview

They brought me in and interviewed and it went very very very very well. I met with multiple people throughout the office and they were all very interested. They also asked great and good questions related to my personal own experience working.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penwortham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Booths (Penwortham, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I was asked a number of hypothetical questions designed to identify how I would prioritise in practical situations. I was also asked basic questions about myself, who I am as a person

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to make a meal to impress some friends, how would you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Booths.

Interview

Friendly, relatively easy 1:1 interview though was asked quite a few situational questions and ‘give examples’ questions. Was then called to offer me the job and went a few days later for a group induction.

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booths in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online through the Booths website, the website allows you to see how you are progressing, I was then invited to in person interview with a small panel in store

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer complaint   1 Answer

Health and Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booths (Preston, North West England, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Quite friendly at interview but who I was expecting on interview panel. Interviewed in a very small room quite hot and no air-conditioning. At end of interview I was told that someone would get back to me within a week. I was asked six questions and asked to do a presentation.

Interview Questions

• How did you develop a process   1 Answer

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Keswick, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Booths (Keswick, North West England, England).

Interview

Very basic interview with only one of the managers after I got the job I hardly saw him.
    Had a chat with a few questions.
    The interview was easy and was more of a chat than anything else.
    The manager seemed desperate to hire and made false promises about the role and the opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the basics he did ask about the booths morals and how I felt I fit with them.   1 Answer

Deli Counter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clitheroe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Booths (Clitheroe, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Had two interviewers who took it in turns asking questions. They asked about 6 questions total, it lasted about 15 minutes. They were both really friendly and made me feel at ease. The questions were mainly about problem solving and my previous experience in dealing with customers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there was a spillage but you were busy restocking shelves?
      How would you deal with a situation in which a coworker kept doing something incorrectly, even after you told them the correct way to do it?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salford, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Booths (Salford, North West England, England) in August 2017.

Interview

**I've selected that I didn't get the offer because the interview process is not yet over for them - there are another 4-5 days before I find out whether I have the job or not**

The online application requires some short essay answers (~200 words or less) about customer happiness and what it means to you.
    I received an email asking me to book a time for an interview and to come in to my local store asking for Clare.
    I found one of the managers as soon as I walked into the store who told me that he and Clare were supposed to conduct my interview, but as she was unavailable, he would find another supervisor to do my interview with him. He was very kind and apologetic about it, and he took me upstairs to sit in the cafe with a free cup of tea while I waited. I was then able to take the tea into the interview with me while he and the supervisor sat on the opposite side of the table.
    They asked five or six questions that corresponded to the company's values (make sure to look them up online before you go so you know the kinds of things that they're going to ask!) and seemed to hunt around a bit to make sure they got full details on every answer. When I answered about a time I'd "gone the extra mile" for a customer, they told me that my answer was "exactly what they were looking for" and that quite often, people who have worked as waiters come in and say "I took them their food they asked for" and try to sugar-coat that as a good answer, but that's not the kind of thing they want to hear.
    After going through the questions, they gave me a sheet of paper telling me about a roleplay. The man running the interview went through the sheet of paper to make sure I understood and then they both left the room while I made some notes and prepared what I might say.
    The supervisor then returned to ask if I was ready and if I had any more questions before the manager returned in character as a customer who looked a bit lost.
    We went through the roleplay relatively quickly, during which time the supervisor was taking notes.
    After the roleplay, they both sat down again at the desk and asked if there were any times I wouldn't be able to work.
    I told them that there isn't anything I can't move around in the week, to which the manager responded that if there's even any small thing that I should tell them, because our out of work lives/activities are who we are and they want to hire a human being, not an employee number. I explained that I usually play a tabletop game on a Monday night and the manager said that was fantastic and noted it down, saying that on the odd occasion that I may have to work that night, people would know that I had cancelled plans and so would be extra grateful for me to work at that time (which is understandable and lovely of him to acknowledge).
    Afterwards, he asked if I had any questions for them.
    I asked what their favourite thing about the job was apart from the people, and they had really sold the company to me by that point, and their answers were very long and sounded very sincere.
    They explained to me that they have a few more interviews to do over the next couple of days and that they'll be making their decision on Monday or Tuesday (4-5 days), and will let me know either way by then.

Overall both interviewers were lovely, and put me at ease as soon as I walked into the store. I was able to have a laugh with both of them and I sincerely hope that I'll have got the job.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay situation:
      In the team meeting this morning you were told:
       - put a sign on all spillages and inform a supervisor
       - there are no sausages and burgers in stock, more are expected tomorrow morning
       - there are 2 for 1 offers on veggie sausages
       - 2 for 1 offers on sausage rolls
       - 1/2 price quiches
       - lot of halloumi in the reduced section
       - lot of orange juice in the reduced section
       - the store is short-staffed today due to illness

I was given five minutes to read through these notes and prepare what I might say to a customer who looked confused, and then the manager entered the room in character as a customer who looked suitably confused, who turned out to be looking for some sausages and burgers for a barbecue.   Answer Question
    • Our shifts can be any hours between 6am and 10pm, on some days 11pm. Are there any days or times you cannot work?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you've gone out of your way to make a customer happy   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you overheard another team member giving a customer some wrong information?
      What if your colleague insisted that they were right?
      (The example given was telling a customer that pork sausages were suitable for vegetarians)   Answer Question

FP&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Booths (Preston, North West England, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Absence of proactive communication with HR and insufficient pre interview qualification of role intentions led to wasted time and effort. Session was face to face with FD, with split between cv review and ad hoc hypothetical situations, no feedback received

Interview Questions

• Explain an investment appraisal framework for a machinery investment and explain discounted cash flow   1 Answer
    • Would you recommend applying for other finance roles?   1 Answer

Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Booths (Preston, North West England, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Competetancy based interview questions around Booths values and ethos. This is on humility, dedication, customer happines, authenticity freedom and togetherness. There were at least 2 questions for each value.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you heard a colleague give wrong information to a customer   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.