Bridgewater Associates Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 618 of over 618 interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Applied online. Met with HR representative for 10-15 minutes, mostly a casual conversation with some behavioral questions to gauge interest, then talked about the hiring process. Did not move through to the next step.

Interview Questions
  • How did you hear about Bridgewater?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Interview questions were essentially debate prompts. I was asked about my stance on a topic and had to defend or concede objections that the interviewers brought up. There were 2 rounds, with two interviewers in each. I think usually there is a group interview, but not in my recruiting cycle because of covid.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

The initial discussion and questions were with executive assistants at the office in Westport, and then followed up with a son of the principal in question The EAs let their gate keeper attitude go to their heads; the son was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
  • If you didn't know how something should be done, what would you do?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Two rounds with debate tournament like prompts, no technical investment knowledge required. What matters is your ability to respond to their criticism of your arguments and the clarity of your frameworks when approaching a question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY)

Interview

Interview process was 4 rounds total, with one designated to being strictly a culture conversation. Overall, the process is thoughtful, intense, and intentional. The questions are thought provoking and there were brainteasers and an excel case study, even for a back office role. However, I appreciated this as it does a good job of testing logical thinking and reasoning, there are no fewer surprises when they hire someone.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle criticism?
  • Would you be okay telling your boss he/she was wrong?
  • Name a time I was directly criticized and what I did to overcome
  • I get a random call from a trader today asking if something they want to do is OK and no one is available for me to ask for help. What do I do?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

There's a group discussion and then a one on one (or a two on one). Minimal focus on actual finance (they believe they'll have to re-teach everything anyway), so the discussions are about broader socio-political or sometimes ethical questions. Focus is on the ability to systematically explain your thinking ("what's your framework?") Having a super clear reasoning tree is helpful.

Interview Questions
  • They actually let interviewees suggest their own questions sometimes.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Online application - takes 2 months to get interview first round - telephone interview second round - case study I think recruiting process is quite fluid in BW - I also asked my other friends - they had totally different experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

several simple questions. standard phone call. basically get to know you and how you understand Bridgewater. Prepare questions to ask them. Just relax and enjoy your conversation. Know yourself very well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The whole interview experience was so great. Recruiters were very very nice, and considerable. It took about a month from the first step to onsite interviews. Relax is the most important, also be confident.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Initial phone screening where they made sure you were a competent speaker. Second interview was technical and focused on knowledge of FX and different algorithms. It was nothing crazy, but just prepare

Interview Questions
  • Here is this specific algorithm x, how would you utilize it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 618 Interviews