British Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

British Council Interview Questions

Interviews at British Council

Key Account Manager Interview

Interview

Applied online then get interview invitation after 6 weeks. Had an interview with two managers online which lasted for 45 mins. they took notes while interviewing you. I don't feel it was very interactive.

Interview Questions

• competency based questions. tell me a time you handled a difficult situation. a time you managed your budgets. why this role? your career plan?   1 Answer

Numerous Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at British Council in February 2017.

Interview

Very clearly outlined role profile. Shortlisting done against every criteria.
    During the interview you are asked many times ‘give us an example of when...’ ‘tell us about a time you...’
    the philosophy is that past behavior is the best indicator of future performance.

Interview Questions

• Questions are asked about British Council behaviors and you are asked for examples of how you have demonstrated each one.   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at British Council.

Interview

Long phone interview, based on Competencies and BC values. Remember the person interviewing you will be the kind of humourless muppet who ends up as a BC Manager so tailor your answers accordingly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at British Council.

Interview

I got the invitation weeks after sending the resume and I was told that I passed the first round of interview.
    I was told to wear formal dress for that.
    There were two part of the interview, first was face to face conversation with the employers and the second part was to answer a few questions about admin on paper.
    The first part went fairly well, just some basic questions like: why do you apply for this position? What's your past work experience? The most difficult experience at your work. Tell us about an event that shows you are very detail-oriented.
    I honestly admitted that I had never worked as an admin assistant but I have related experience as a foreign affair assistant at school, and from my last internship at Disney English I got pretty familiar with communicating with clients. It went pretty good. It was important to be honest with your boss.
    And I got the offer a week after.

Interview Questions

• Please explain the work experience on your CV   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at British Council (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process included core competency questions as well as questions regarding interest in organization. They were very interested in learning about my professional background and what led me to the British Council. They also wanted to know what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to manage multiple deadlines and projects. How did you handle the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Branch Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at British Council.

Interview

I applied application online. They acknowledge my application immediately (BC only acknowledge short-listed CV). After 5 working days, BC called me for interview. I had 5 days for interview preparation. The interview is not difficult if you well prepare. BC's interview is Competent-based questions. Read BC's behaviour guide carefully before the interview as the interview panel will ask practical questions regarding your past experience to see how it matches with their culture/value.

Interview Questions

• - Could you tell me how do you build trust?
      - Could you tell me an example in your past where you handled job difficulty?
      - Tell us how did you work with different parties holding different aims?
      - etc   1 Answer

Art Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at British Council in April 2013.

Interview

I saw the job advertised on their website and applied on-line. I was invited to interview several weeks after application. There was one interview with a panel of three senior managers, and the interview lasted approximately 1 1/2 hr. There were both behavioural questions as well as drill down questions on my experience and how it related to the post. The overall interview was difficult but in an enjoyable challenging way.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project you managed and your role in it.   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at British Council (New York, NY (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

An endless application form followed by questions that were the same as those int he application form. Felt very bureucratic.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

The whole process was very smooth and relaxed. I was interviewed by Marketing team and they divided the interview in 3 parts. Firstly they asked questions regarding my CV, then about the role and finally some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging thing about being in international environment for different projects?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

Good - a little lengthy in the written application but very engaging face to face, Met with 2 staff members who were warms and detailed in their responses. Feedback came from the automated system so could have been more detailed

Interview Questions

• Work Life balance of an unpredictable schedule   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.