British Geological Survey Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews for Top Jobs at British Geological Survey

Sort:

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at British Geological Survey (Edinburgh, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a common process of online submission. Some of the information required where difficult to decipher, at least to non UK residents. The interview started with the common "what can I contribute" presentation. Overall, the questions were standard until questions like the following were asked:
    1) "How do you intend to make friends at the workplace?": how is this related? Am I supposed to work or socialise?
    2) "What do you think of privacy?" (or similar).: What do you mean? Sharing work data? Sharing private information at the workplace?
    There were several types of questions similar to (2), where clarification were necessary, but I think asking (to much) for clarifications lowers the projected image of the candidate.

Modeler (Hydrogeology/Hydrology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at British Geological Survey (Nottingham, England) in October 2015.

Interview

It was in two parts. The first part was a panel interview with 3 members of staff. The atmosphere was quite relaxed and the questions were fairly interesting and not too difficult to answer. The second part was a tour of the facilities where apparently I was being assessed to gauge my level of interest. As it was my second time at Keyworth I asked to be taken to the canteen for a drink rather than spend an hour of the staff member's time.

Interview Questions

• If you had an unlimited pot of money what issue in hydrogeology would you like to investigate?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at British Geological Survey (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in December 2018.

Interview

Very clear instructions about the process, helping the whole way through. Skype interview consisting of a short presentation, questions relating to the presentation, questions relating to the role and time allowed for my questions at the end.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.