Browns Fashion Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 84 of over 84 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Wow! Where to begin, hands down the most innovative hiring and interview process I have come across. From my first telephone conversation with Stephanie(talent manager) I knew this company is where I wanted my career to grow. The initial telephone screening interview was so different to anything I have come across before; rather than the generic questions you normally get I was allowed to really voice what I wanted from a new role and company alongside my long term career goals. The passion I got from Stephanie made me really excited about a career with Browns. After a few days Stephanie was back in touch and said that i would be progressed over to interview stages with 3 stakeholders, she even rang me on Christmas Eve to let me know this! Being the festive period I imagine this process took longer than normal however I was constantly kept in the loop. Once my interview date was confirmed Stephanie checked in again and explained the format of the interview process and how it would be conducted over half a day using a unique framework and each part of the interview would be conducted by a different stakeholder. The process is designed to make you reflect on previous experiences alongside thinking with a ‘growth’ mindset. Although this seemed daunting at first it was really refreshing to be able to prepare your A Game and have all the interview stages conducted within a day, throughout the whole process you are encouraged to be yourself. The candidate experience I can honestly say is the smoothest and most rewarding I have experienced and I would highly recommend Browns for this forward thinking way of working!

Interview Questions
  • Talk me through a time you have influenced internal and external stakeholders
    Answer Question

Browns Fashion

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Browns Fashion

Interview

I came inside looking around and heard they needed help so I came back another time to get an application form. I went home and filled it out and came back a couple days later to hand it in. I asked if I can hand it to the manager myself to know it will land in the right hands and she gave me a quick casual interview on the spot and later let me know that I was hired

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in May 2021

Interview

The interview process was clear and smooth. Luke from recruitment has been a true delight. He made sure I was ready before the interview and provided with weekly updates regarding the process afterwards. The actual interview was quite long as I had to speak to 3 different people in the same day, however every single interviewer was very accomodating and easy to talk to. The whole diets impression about the company was great!!!

Interview Questions
  • If you had a blank check and no limits, how would you design your retail store in the future?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

The first interview was five hours long and given by three members of the Browns team. I had to talk about my previous work experience and was put into potential scenarios.

Interview Questions
  • How would you translate what inspires youas a stylist into something that represents the Browns tone of voice?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

The entire interview process was very well organised despite all being done virtually. 1st stage interview was a call with the talent manager Luke who was extremely friendly and helpful with insights to the role, Browns culture and what to expect in the second stage. He was great in keeping in touch and providing constant feedback throughout the entire interview process. 2nd stage was a conference meeting with 3 stakeholders at Browns which took about 3 hours to complete. They were all very friendly and gave great insights to Browns culture as well as in depth discussion on the role itself and my own work / experiences. Questions asked were a mix of competency based and technical questions about the role and industry. 3rd stage was a design task and presentation. I had about 1 day to complete the task and present it to 2 stakeholders, this was the most interesting and challenging stage. Overall a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to adapt to changes within your organisation

Browns Fashion

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion

Interview

3 hours worth of interview. One hour about the role One hour about the company’s values One hour about the store you’re applying for Feedback would be given a week after your interview over the phone.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

I had an Initial phone interview done by HR manager to go over the job description and my cv, followed by a day-long interviews and tests for compatibility check, personality and compatibility to the role and the company

Interview Questions
  • What do you consider your biggest achievement in your work?

Browns Fashion

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Browns Fashion in Jan 2021

Interview

The simple and straight forward interview process, completing all of it in a day, it was unique and most of the interview process went on smoothly and as described. Competency-based questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks and culminated in a (more or less) full day interview, comprised of three parts: Good for Role; Good for Browns; Good for Growth. Each part was independent to the other and was held by a different interviewer. The HR/Recruiter had given helpful advice on what to expect before the interview, so it was relatively easy to prepare. The interviews are focused on behavioural and situational experience, so it makes sense to prepare relevant anecdotal points around your previous successes. The Good for Role stage also included a case study in which I was given a data set and asked to return in 30 minutes with a brief presentation on the topic. Make sure that you understand what is being asked of you before starting on the activity. Following the interview, I was contacted by the recruiter and de-briefed regarding the interview and the next steps. Around a week later I received a call to explain that I wasn't successful , and was given extremely detailed and constructive feedback regarding my performance - something that is sadly quite rare and also invaluable. It was genuinely helpful to hear, and will inform my future interview prep. Overall, I enjoyed the interview process, and it was possibly the most structured and elaborate I've been through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

First stage: phone interview Second stage: video meeting Second stage took about 4 hours to complete. I had opportunity to meet the retail director/ store manager and assistant store manager. The interview was separate into three different topic, Good for role, Good for Browns and Good for growth. Everyone was very nice throughout the whole process, it really put me in ease and I was able to share my experiences and thoughts with them. But please be prepared, I did get asked many detailed questions, so make sure you know what you have done in your previous jobs.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Interviews