Browns Fashion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Browns Fashion Interview Questions

Interviews at Browns Fashion

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion.

Interview

The process was conducted over 3 stages. It was a new experience for me in terms of it being completely based through video conferencing software due to social distancing. The first stage was a phone interview, followed by a video interview with the talent specialist and store manager. The final stage was very interesting and involved a task that I had to present.
    The talent specialist that supported my application was incredibly kind, professional and gave me a great insight into the company and the specific elements of the role.

Interview Questions

• A few of the questions centred around previous experiences within work and how I have overcome specific situations in work.   Answer Question

25 Sep 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Executive

Hey - Luke Here Firstly, thank you for your interest in Browns and for giving us the opportunity to meet you! And a massive welcome to the team! Thanks for adapting to our digital interview process and for working through the challenges that can sometimes present themselves - glad to hear you felt really supported as we navigate through these difficult times. Very pleased to hear you had a positive interview experience. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! Luke

Style Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Browns Fashion.

Interview

Hearing Browns always being associated with the term “trailblazer” really cemented itself after this interview process! The people team perfectly adapted an interactive and personal interview process despite the distance. It started with a phone call which then led onto a 2 stage video conference call. Stage 2 includes a case study analysis. I then heard back from them very shortly after!

People Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

I applied directly after seeing the role being advertised on LinkedIn. I had a phone interview with Luke from the recruitment team who gave an in-depth overview of the role I was applying for, and he asked me questions regarding my previous experiences. Luke was friendly and instantly made me really want to be part of the Browns People Team. He understood the direction I wanted my career to progress and was thorough when explaining what would be expected from the person who got the role.

I found the interview quite time consuming as I had to meet three different stakeholders and complete a task. The stakeholders I met were all friendly and were informative about what the job would entail. Some of the questions where more challenging than others but I felt like I was fully briefed and prepared.

I was disappointed that I wasn’t offered the role as I had done lots of research into Browns and their relationship with Farfetch, and it seems like a great place to work!

Interview Questions

• My previous experiences meaning challenging stakeholders and ER cases.   Answer Question

3 Dec 2020 – Head of People & Talent

Thank you very much for taking the time to interview with us for the People Advisor position. We really appreciate your interest in joining the People Team at Browns. We are grateful that you took the time to research our organization and so pleased that you think it would be a great place to work. We sure think it is! Many thanks for your interview with us and we encourage you to apply for other openings at the company in the future. Kind Regards, Mimi

Client Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

The entire process was smooth and lovely. The Talent department was super friendly and informative about the role and always kept me updated. Through the interview, the managers are warm and professional. After the interview, the talent team contacted me for more updates and offered feedback. Great experience.

Merchandising Administration Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I had two initial phone calls with two different people from Talent Acquisition, after which I had a first video interview with someone from Talent Acquisition and an Assistant Merchandiser, and then a second/final video interview with another Assistant Merchandiser and a Merchandiser.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you manage your day-to-day workload?
      Q: What would you do if different people came to you with various ad-hoc tasks for you to do when you've already got things to work on? How would you prioritise?
      Q: Can you tell me about a time when you took an action that (positively) impacted other stakeholders within the business?   Answer Question

3 Nov 2020 – Talent Manager

Hi there and welcome to the team! We are so pleased to welcome you on board. We really appreciate the detailed feedback you have provided on your interview experience, particularly the questions. Sounds like the team were able to ask good quality behavioural based questions, and you're right, these should be challenging! I hope you enjoyed them too, and well done for showcasing your skills and potential. Looking forward to working with you. Kindest, Stephanie - Talent Manager

Buying Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied online through their job portal and the process took around 4 weeks. I had an extremely positive experience with the recruitment process as Grace from the Talent team took the time to explain every stage and made sure I was at ease.

The first stage is a 20 minute phone screening where they go over the role and ask a few preliminary questions to gauge your interest. This felt more like a get-to-know-you call rather than a formal interview which set a natural tone for the entire process. Grace also provided some helpful tips on specific points I should prepare for the next stage.

The second stage was an hour long video interview with Grace and the Assistant Buyer from the category I was applying for. This involved an in-depth discussion about previous work experience, my understanding of the company/department and a range of competency questions. Be prepared to go in detail with examples from your previous roles.

Despite not getting through to the final stage, I am very thankful for the feedback and words of encouragement especially during the pandemic. There was clear communication at every stage and I was promptly updated with next stages. I am left with a great impression of the company that truly lives by its mantra 'Cool to be kind'.

People Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

First round was a discussion about previous role, then a case study and last part was interviewing with 3 different stakeholders. The interviewing process was flawless and the team was really friendly and professional. Mostly asked behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Browns Fashion Response

1 Dec 2020 – Senior Talent Acquisition Executive

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Sounds like the process was rather efficient and so glad that you had a positive interview experience whilst interviewing with us. I'm glad to hear the team were supportive and you felt welcomed! Whilst this may not have been the outcome you were hoping for, do keep an eye on our Open Vacancies on the website, as we are a growing business! Thank you again for considering Browns and keep in touch. Luke

Press Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

It was the best interview that I have ever had. Everyone was very friendly and clear throughout the whole process. I had a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition Executive at first. Then one week after, I was invited to attend a virtual group interview with the Talent Acquisition Executive and the team. Even though the interview lasted for 3 hours, everyone really made sure that I was comfortable the whole time and it was such a fun experience. During the interview, I was given a task to complete within 30 minutes. I received an offer from them one month after.

Club Assistant Interview

Interview

Unfortunately I got no feedback from the company in regards to my application. I have registered on the candidate portal and uploaded all the documents, including my cv and cover letter, to the system.

21 Sep 2020 – Talent Manager

Hi there, thanks for considering Browns and for your application! This is a forum to offer feedback on your interview experience with us. It sounds like you have not interviewed with us. Thank you for taking the time to submit your application. Every candidate application is reviewed, carefully considered and responded to; please trust we will respond to you shortly and thank you for your patience. Kind Regards, Stephanie - Talent Manager

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Browns Fashion (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

There was 3 stages. The first stage was over a telephone interview with the talent specialist. The second stage was over a video interview with the talent specialist and the Loss prevention manager. The third stage was over a video interview with the retail director and the loss prevention manager. After all and each stages I received a call from the talent specialist where we had the opportunity to speak about how the interview when and I was able to give and receive feedback.

Interview Questions

• I’ve noticed that a member of my team is coming in later for the pass few weeks on a specific dates. How would I address (approach) this situation?   1 Answer

3 Nov 2020 – Talent Manager

Hello and welcome to Team Browns! Thank you for taking a moment to leave us a review, we really appreciate this. It's great to hear of the strong communication throughout the interview process, and as you have referenced, the importance of being able to give and receive feedback. Looking forward to meeting you and welcoming you to the team! Kindest, Stephanie - Talent Manager

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.