Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Burns & McDonnell Interview Questions

Interviews at Burns & McDonnell

2.7

Construction Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews:

October: In-person 30 minute interview on campus following our career fair - this was fairly general and the interviewer was not part of the group that I wanted to intern with.

February: a 30+ minute phone interview with the CDB office manager and my internship mentor that was specific for the location and type of internship that I wanted

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other applicants? - and they really wanted to know, it wasn't just a question on their list.   Answer Question

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Recorded video interview, followed by a 3-hour interview at the office. The in-person interview consisted of a 30-minute presentation (about myself, my experience, my goals, etc.), followed by a series of questions following the traditional interview process. Finally, finished with conversations with various employees around the office, and lunch.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Attended career fair, selected for an on campus interview. Recieved a follow up interview onsite at the World Headquarters building in KC.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Create and present a power point about yourself and your career goals. Individual discussions with different global practices. Laid back style and the conversation is based on your presentation and career interests.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

First met with HR. They asked very generic questions about your core beliefs and things that are important to you. They wanted to make sure I was a good fit for the culture - working in teams and having leadership roles I believe is what helped me get in.

Then they flew me to the corporate office which involved three different interview for three different global practices (yes, you could potentially have three or four different job offers from a single company.)

To start the "interviews" I had to give a brief presentation on my background. I talked about why I wanted to become an engineer, the roles I have played on teams, my background on internships, and why I really wanted to work for Burns and McDonnell.

After the presentation I met with three different division managers one on one. Each division manager talked about what their global practice/division does for about 30 minutes. They then asked me about four or five questions and opened the remaining 20 minutes to questions I had for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in a situation where you are part of a team and somebody is not pulling their own weight or doing their part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Behaviorial phone interview two weeks later. Then they flew me out to the headquarters for an onsite interview two weeks after that. This interview required a personal presentation along with separate interviews with the managers from different groups in the company. All travel was reimbursed, professional interview, but not stressful

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What is a weakness you have?
      Why did you apply to Burns and McDonnell?   Answer Question

Assistant Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

A phone call followed by a meeting with 2 Higher-ups including a powerpoint presentation I was told to prepare. Just be friendly. Ask them lots of questions about the job and themselves.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about projects from school and gave GPA a of of weight. Getting along very well with the interviewers wasn't hard but seemed very important   Answer Question

Assistant Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2016.

Interview

I applied over their website and got an email from HR a week later inviting me to do a video interview. In the interview, I had two or three attempts to answer a pre-recorded questions before submitting my answers. After completing my interview, I received an email asking for my portfolio, which I sent them. Two week later I got a phone call inviting me for an in person interview but declined as I had already accepted another job.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals and what are you doing to achieve them?   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Interview

The interview was pretty laid back. I was expected to introduce myself and answer a few behavioral questions. It seems like they were feeling me out more as a person than trying to dig into my technical background. The interview focused a lot on whether or not I would fit in the company's culture.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was asked before I came in to Give a power point presentation about Myself. I gave the presentation to some people in HR and a couple of managers. Basically described myself, my experience and interests.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about my previous job experiences.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.