Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Burson-Marsteller Interview Questions

Interviews at Burson-Marsteller

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

This interview seemed more like a good conversation than an interview. My interviewer was very friendly, and she helped calm my nerves during the interview. For the internship program, there is no longer an HR screening call. Senior level professionals of your field are usually the ones interviewing you.

Director of Digital Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was a basic job interview process. 2-3 rounds of interviews. Met with the key team members I'd be working with. No surprising questions. Wasn't super transparent about the realities of the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous account management experience?   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

Very positive, professional, responsive and quick. HR was superb - really took the time to shepherd the process. Everyone with whom I met was direct, friendly and very smart.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Lengthy online application included a mock press release, essay, and teacher rec, phone interview. Applied online early February, offered the interview mid-March, interviewed end of March and heard back early April. Everyone was very friendly, it was a great experience, very upset I didn't get it though

Washington DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The application was due at the usual time, similar process as previous years, requiring an essay on one of their three topics and a press release announcing your joining BM. A reference letter was also required. I applied by the deadline, and got a follow-up email saying that there were additional documents that were to be submitted, not mentioned on their online application, including a thing for diversity. I submitted those.
    They were behind in the recruitment process and skipped the HR interview round so I was contacted for final interviews. Interview happened via phone.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose the university I go to?
      Who inspires me?   Answer Question

Client Staff Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I was contacted based on my online job profile and agreed to a phone interview. There were some scheduling conflicts but all seemed to go well once that was sorted. When I was invited to meet some of the team in person after the first round of interviews, everyone was nice but they seemed in a hurry or busy with something else. After asking more about the position and how long the hiring process would take, I got varied answers from each person.

PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller.

Interview

I has two phone interviews. The first one was with an HR representative, very basic questions. Mostly focused on my experience, my resume, and where I see myself in the communications field. The second interview was with an executive director. The questions were similar to the first interview, although he seemed more focused on my future and where my career is going.

Client Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The entire interview process took about two weeks from the contacted date to the moment I received an offer. I had about four interviews in one day with junior and mid-level staffers. Then I had to take a writing test within a 2hrs and 30mins window. Lastly, I had an interview with a senior staffer. After the last interview, my application got sent to a review board for approval.

The interview process was smooth, and everyone was extremely friendly and to the point. The HR manager was also very helpful and transparent about the process and communications.

Burson-Marsteller clear interview process and communications made my interview experience very pleasant and played a role in my decision to accept their offer.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller (Washington, DC (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by HR at BM's DC office in May 2017 via LinkedIn about an opportunity to join them and help implement digital advertising campaigns for their public affairs clients as a senior associate. After reviewing my resume and discussions with the team, they determined I was better suited for a manager's role (one step above senior associate) and said they were looking to move very quickly with this position, hoping to have it filled by the end of July at the latest.

Generally speaking, the entire process was fairly straightforward: an initial phone call with HR to tell me about the position and see if I was interested, an in person meeting with a director (who would be my manager), a round of interviews with three other directors/VPs, and a writing test in which I put together a sample advertising plan and memo. Throughout most of the process, HR was very accessible, transparent, and helpful, going so far as to tell me that everyone was impressed with me and looking forward to hopefully having me come on board. Additionally, she provided me with all the benefits and discussed salary as well as details as minute as what kind of computer I could receive. By mid July, I was informally told by HR that I was their candidate of choice after having passed all the interviews and the writing test and that the position was mine once they got sign off from all the necessary entities.

However, towards the end of July, HR called me to tell me that while I was still their candidate of choice and that they would likely be able to get sign off from BM's New York office, they would have to wait before extending a formal offer as they had to get approval from WPP (BM's holding company) in London and that it would likely be two weeks. In the meantime, my would be manager took me out for drinks to assure me of their interest and that a formal offer was coming. At the end of the two weeks, I reached back out to HR for an update and was told that it would likely be two months before a formal offer could be extended because of logistical issues and that as soon as she heard something, she would reach out immediately.

Because I wasn't actively looking for a job and because BM seemed like a great company, I reached out after two months to HR and did not get a response, either from the initial reach out or the follow up after that.

I felt very strung along given the prolonged process and general assurances/feedback that this would result in a formal offer. I can't help but wonder if I was being fished for ideas since the position I was interviewing for was to help kickstart an operation at BM's DC office that's in its infancy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult clients? Can you give us an example?

What kind of campaign would you set up if the client had (x) goal?

How would you measure the success of a campaign with (x) objective?

Would you be alright with traveling?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burson-Marsteller in March 2017.

Interview

Completed the extensive application and received an email requesting an interview. Candidates are given a limited timeframe to complete the first round interview. My interviewer seemed uninterested the entire time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.