CIBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at CIBC

1,091 Interview Reviews

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Was first contacted by their talent acquisition representative and had brief (20 minute max) phone call interview, then moved on later to an in person interview in the office.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

One on one and then superday. This was the only bank that did not provide travel expenses for the superday. Awful experience with HR and needed to follow up 3 times before they responded. If you want to bring and maintain talent, the least you can do is pay for travel expenses.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview with HR and with hiring manager was quick and smooth.
    Discussion on process definition, how you would solve a problem and get status update to manager.

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I had a phone conversation with HR, then interviewed with 2 mangers at the office in Boston, and finally I had a phone call with a VP in New York office. Overall, very conversational, no technical questions. All behavior/fit

Interview Questions

• Why Cibc? Why Commercial Banking? What are your greatest strengths?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

It was a fine interview process but somewhat unorganized. The follow up final round was longer than anticipated but the managers were very friendly and nice. I enjoyed speaking with the recruiters throughout the process as well.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Initially, there was a phone screening with HR. Moving forward, I was invited to a Super Day interview that took place from 9 am into the afternoon. I interviewed with 3-4 bankers in my super day. Other candidates were interviewing and we rotated between interviewers. Interviewers were very friendly and it was a natural conversation for the most part.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was one interview. It was very easy a and took about 30 minutes. It was all behavior based questions. Seemed like a formality. Heard back a couple days later with an offer

Debt Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was relatively standard with a 30-minute phone interview and a few in-person interviews of the same length. Questions were behavioral making the flow more conversational than interview-like.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experiences and how you ended up here   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Four separate, 30 minute interviews on their Superday. They asked mainly all behavioral questions about myself and why I was interested in the position and commercial banking. There was also a case study.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview was about an hour and I interviewed with three different people, everyone was very pleasant and all behavioral. No technical questions were asked in this interview. I would recommend bringing a brushing up on technicals just in case though.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.