Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Cadence Design Systems

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview

it was a nice interview quickly and direct to the point, the questions were straight forward and the interviewer was very professional, but I think I made some mistake and I di not get an offer

DV Engineer Interview

Interview

They mostly concentrate on your resume , logic design and verilog basics, also touch of systemverilog and uvm if you know . Write SV assertion for a req/ack protocol. Behavioral questions related to personality and team.

Interview Questions

Interview

I had 3-round interview process: phone screening- manager interview - technical-case-onsite and was asked for several logical questions. Talked to a senior VP as well. The onsite last for the entire morning and was pretty intense.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First is a programming test consists of some basic programming problems, it is not hard if you'v practiced.

Then I was interviewed by 3 senior software engineer. The whole process took about 30 minutes, which consists of questions on your technological background, studies and your past experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Tell me about the project you did in your school   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

applied on their website
    recruiter contacted with me via email
    technical interview with hiring manager
    presentation of my research to the corresponding team
    individual interview with the member of the team

Thermal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in August 2020.

Interview

The whole process took two weeks. Two rounds of interviews with technical guys in the team. It mainly went through my Ph.D. research, and some projects I had in the resume. Their feedback was nice and one interviewer said he was impressed by my background in the feedback email. He said their HR contact me soon, but I waited two weeks with no response from the recruiter. So I asked the interviewer for some updates, he iterated that it was a nice talk and he submitted his report to the HR and encouraged me to contact the HR directly. So I reached out for the HR, and one day later, HR finally replied that the interviewers said I did show a strong background on the FEM and numerical analysis (which we barely cover this topic during the interview), and they will not move on my process. I supposed they have found another candidate more fit for the position. But for me, it was the worst interview experience ever the way they passing the buck, and waste me two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What solver do you use for the fluid?
      How you couple the fluid-solid interaction?
      What elements do you use?
      The maximum element number you have for your research?   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter on LinkedIn. After I shared my resume, I got an interview call nearly after a month and that too they never asked me my availability for the interview. Literally, 2 hours before the interview, I was asked are you free now to attend the interview and the recruiter told that they had forgot to send me the interview invite before hand.

So, starting here itself I got some red flags regarding the process. Now the interview as such was good and went really well and I was told the recruiter would soon reach out regarding next steps. I waited for almost 3 weeks and never heard back again. Since then at least to have a conclusion to the process, I reached out to the recruiter multiple times over email and never got a response to the same.

Worst interview experience I have had in my career ever.

Interview Questions

• 1. Experience related questions
      2. Data structures basic time complexity related questions
      3. Big Data concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 hours. Very good talk. Interviewed by all the members in the group one by one. After that, the leader will decide whether or not to give you the offer. It's really very nice interview.

Interview Questions

• c++, array, vector, time complexity, what is the time complexity of hash-map?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews
    1 was talking about c++ topics
    1 was a leetcode type problem
    1 was talking about algorithms specifically graph algorithms

The 2nd two interviews were hard. The first interview was fairly easy. They happened one after each other with only 5 - 10 minutes break in between.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cadence Design Systems (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

The people I coordinated with were clear with their communication and instructions. Process was easy to understand and went smoothly. All of my questions were answered in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about us? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.