Calypso Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Calypso Technology

2.9

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Telephone interview scheduled and the person from Calypso was a no-show. I emailed the person shortly after the call was to have taken place to see if we needed to see if we were still on or if they needed to reschedule. I got no response. There was no phone number in their email signature but I was able to find the number for the office and when I tried to reach them I got a fast-busy signal. I emailed again and got zero response. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions

• None - they never followed through on the scheduled telephone interview   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Call from a recruiter, follow up with hiring manager, onsite with 3 colleagues. Fairly easy process. Great hiring team, very personable and friendly. Centrally located office. Exciting opportunity in capital markets. Cutting edge technology.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round was telephonic which was simple (if you are prepared). Asked normal questions not much tough ones. Second round having 2 interviewers was decent at toughness level. One of the two interviewers didn't even know English (other was good) and was very rude in behaviour too. After the interview, they made me waited for an hour and no body came to even attend. Worst interviewer with no professionalism.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

First two rounds were technical and about previous experience.

Then a f2f at New York office for around 3-4 hours
     What's type erasure in Java
    Java memory management model
    And general Java related questions

F2F
    1st was technical round
    Hash table vs hash map
    Design patterns
    Spring and it's implicit design patterns
    Write a cache Utility in Java which keeps latest given number of objects
    Swap two integer variables without using temp variable
    And done basic interest rate calculation
    What's dirty price - I didn't know
    Few more domain questions. I didn't do that great as I didn't have much exposure to this domain.
    What are the version controlling tools used . I used star team and clear case.

2nd

Domain questions and get to know my background.
    Mostly related to bonds and fixed incomes and swaps.
    I dint have much domain knowledge but I assured I can catch up.

3rd
    Domain questions and get to know my background.

4th technical
    Questions about previous project implementations.
    MVC pattern related question.
    Design patterns used - singleton factory adapter
    Diff between adapter and bridge patterns

5th director
    Gave an overview of the project and it's domain.
    Salary and joining date and visa related questions.

6th technical

What are different types of ejb,s missed to tell singleton bean
    What's ejb container responsibilities
    How to configure number of beans in an ejb . Didn't answer this one
    Can mdb be configured to queue and topic
    I said Yes for both.
    But insisted on details of how mdb could listen in topic. I stood my stance on mdb cab listen to topic.

What's are diff types of web services
    What's diff between soap and rest web service
    How to test soap services
    How to test rest services
    How to document a rest web services - didn't answer this one. Swagger tool
    What are the build tools used. I said Jenkins thinking it was a continuous integration tool question then once the interviewer asked something like graddle I mentioned ant and maven as I haven't used graddle.
    What database were I using currently . I said DB2 and the interviewer thought it as too old.
    I said Not in my control.I was exhausted at this point as it was a single day travel to and fro schedule. It was a very tight schedule wish I had some buffer time to refresh myself or grab lunch. Went straight to interview from airport. My bad didn't plan well on that as I didn't expect it to go for more than 3.5 hours.

HR got back in a day with no offer response. Still wondering what went wrong.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via Linkedin and received a recruiter call after several weeks of applying. The recruiter scheduled a phone call which was a casual chat (at least thats what i assumed). The day they called me, I was expecting just the recruiter talking about the company and stuff but I could sense the call was on loud speaker and there were more than one people on the call. I could hear whispering or change of voices.
    During the call they asked me if I mind answering few java questions. I said yes. And it more or less turned into technical interview. They asked like 12-13 questions on Java like a rapid fire round. I skipped one and answered all others.
    After the questions, they asked my salary expectations and told me they cannot match what I am expecting. I said ok. And then they never got back to me.

Interview Questions

• Some questions were:
      1. JVM vs JRE VS JDK
      12. Range of int
      13. What is immutable object   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a call from a Calypso recruiter. After the recruiter screening, I was invited to come to the San Francisco office for in-person interviewing. When I arrived at the office, I first met with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I also met with three different technical writers. All interviewers were friendly. The office is located downtown and above a BART station for easy commuting.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple jobs at the same time?
      Would mundane portions of documentation be okay for you to work on?
      Do you perform well under tight deadlines.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 2 stages: Phone interview followed by onsite interview. Phone interview lasted for 45-60 mins and focused on questions about my prior experience and some basic tech questions (collections, list, set, transient). My onsite interview was taken by different members of the team where the position was based. The questions focused on design patterns and specific solution to the problems given.

Interview Questions

Interview

Technical interview was not very difficult but strong fundamental is needed.
    2 rounds of telephonic and final round of Face to face interview all technical . Final round is HR interview . Compensation is decided right on spot.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions , collections , synchronization , serialization,   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Calypso Technology (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with the in-house recruiter (2 months apart). Both times was told I would be scheduled for interviews at the office in SF. Interviews were never scheduled, recruiter never followed up to decline or discontinue the process. Left hanging indefinitely ...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Calypso Technology.

Interview

submitted resume online- got a call from the office manager. Met with the hiring manager and a few team mates. met with Sr manager a week later. Offer came within a week after that. There were no structured interview questions. Everyone I met was nice but no one knew to ask any questions that were relevant for the job. The company provides no training in that area. It seems to me they are more interested in ensuring they can put you on a client engagement without worrying about having you kicked off.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.