Cambridge Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cambridge Consultants Interview Questions

Interviews at Cambridge Consultants

3.5

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a quick phone interview, but did not get a call back. Still, they gave me some good tips and were overall nice about the whole process. I would recommend.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went off of an internal employee referral, then I received a request for an interview from a recruiter service. The first round interview was a phone screen with a principal engineer.

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram of this particular situation, analyze the forces on it and how would you improve the design?   Answer Question

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

submitted on line application, called for a phone screen, in person interview and interview decision. I knew all along what the steps were and they were prompt in replying. It was very professional.

Analytical Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

This interview pertains to the Boston office.

After applying online, I was contacted within a few days about scheduling a phone screen with an engineer. The phone screen was split into three sections: general interview questions, technical question, and then any questions that I had. I would come prepared with a few questions. They asked that I have a laptop and internet connectivity in order to have access to an online whiteboard (to draw the free body diagram and not a video interview).

For the next stage, I was invited to their facility for a series of 1:1 interviews that are 30-45 min long each. Be prepared to be in a single room for about 3 hours. The structure of my interview was: HR, Technical, VP, Technical, Technical, HR (with a tour). The interviewers are friendly and helpful. The technical interviews asked ambiguous questions and asked me to sketch out how to approach or solve the problem in order to see how I thought. If I got stuck or was taking too long, they would help out in the interest of time. Overall, I would say this interview was light on the behavioral questions and heavier on the technical.

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram on this object and tell which members are in compression or tension.   Answer Question
    • Given that a machine is being fed these boxes, design some way to release these boxes only when there are either 2 (or 4) of these boxes present.   Answer Question
    • How would you maintain the temperature of this device given that the ambient conditions are ...   Answer Question
    • Design a method to move this box, which is resting on this surface, with some constraints.   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Two phone screens and then most of the day on-site including video conference with UK HQ. Prepare presentation plus 45 minute one-on-one interviews with 5-6 key members. The video conferencing with the UK was cumbersome and created discomfort instead of making a connection as was possible in person in the Boston office.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach the job?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me to discuss my background and how it would relate to the business of Cambridge Consultants. Upon this initial screening, I had a four hour face to face interview with various members of the team. Two weeks later, I was asked to develop a 30 minute presentation on an industry challenge followed by an additional eight hours of interviews with executives, engineers and the like.

Interview Questions

• How do you think CC can contribute to the industry through innovative engineering despite clear paradigm shifts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Cambridge, England) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was answered within a couple of days and we scheduled a phone interview for the following week with my now manager. We discussed my university modules, my CV etc and my career goals.
    A few days later I was told to come for a face to face interview. This took a full day, travel and accommodation paid for on the day. HR/Recruitment gave me suggestions for where to stay and kept in contact with me before and after the process.
    I had four interviews in total, one on software methodologies and estimating the value of a market, 1 on C and state machines, 1 on C#/databases/UML and other high level keywords, 1 with HR about career goals and 1 with another employee to see what I was interested in in terms of projects.

In total it probably took a month from start to finish, but that was only to fit in with my university timetable which I was grateful that they let me schedule around.

Interview Questions

• I was given several lines of C code and asked to explain what they meant. As I was not familiar with some of the specifics of C keywords and memory management I didn't do very well.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants.

Interview

I applied online on their website and got contacted soon thereafter. We scheduled a phone screening in which we talked about the company and my experience, then I was asked C questions and a couple of question related to my CV.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants in June 2016.

Interview

Following a fairly simple phone interview, was invited to Cambridge for a day of interviews (10am ~ 4pm). Travel was reimbursed.

The day had 5 distinct sections, each lasting around 1hr:
    - A nice chat with HR going over my CV and what I enjoyed/didn't at university etc.
    - Interview with whom I'd be working under to gauge my thought process when solving a problem.
    - Lunch and tour of the facilities with possible future colleagues.
    - Technical interview with coding questions.
    - Another technical interview gauging my numerical problem solving abilities (this was fairly abstract and perhaps not directly related to the role).

Throughout the process, I felt the intention of such a long interview day and exposure to so many different employees at CCL was to both give me a good understanding of the feel of the company in addition to being assessed myself, which was extremely helpful in gathering an informed opinion of the working environment/personnel.

Overall, a very good experience which gave me a good feel of the company culture, though some of the technical questions were a little tricky!

Interview Questions

• Did you get your first choice university? If so, why did you apply there?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Athens (Greece)) in May 2018.

Interview

The zoom interview was a 2,5 hours of demanding technical and math questions from three different people. The first tested my python skills, the second one my C++ skills and the third asked me some math questions related with probabilities.

Interview Questions

• They requested to find a bug in a python program .   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.