Cambridge Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Cambridge Consultants

3.4

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Two phone screens and then most of the day on-site including video conference with UK HQ. Prepare presentation plus 45 minute one-on-one interviews with 5-6 key members. The video conferencing with the UK was cumbersome and created discomfort instead of making a connection as was possible in person in the Boston office.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would approach the job?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had a recruiter reach out to me to discuss my background and how it would relate to the business of Cambridge Consultants. Upon this initial screening, I had a four hour face to face interview with various members of the team. Two weeks later, I was asked to develop a 30 minute presentation on an industry challenge followed by an additional eight hours of interviews with executives, engineers and the like.

Interview Questions

• How do you think CC can contribute to the industry through innovative engineering despite clear paradigm shifts.   Answer Question

Analytical Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

This interview pertains to the Boston office.

After applying online, I was contacted within a few days about scheduling a phone screen with an engineer. The phone screen was split into three sections: general interview questions, technical question, and then any questions that I had. I would come prepared with a few questions. They asked that I have a laptop and internet connectivity in order to have access to an online whiteboard (to draw the free body diagram and not a video interview).

For the next stage, I was invited to their facility for a series of 1:1 interviews that are 30-45 min long each. Be prepared to be in a single room for about 3 hours. The structure of my interview was: HR, Technical, VP, Technical, Technical, HR (with a tour). The interviewers are friendly and helpful. The technical interviews asked ambiguous questions and asked me to sketch out how to approach or solve the problem in order to see how I thought. If I got stuck or was taking too long, they would help out in the interest of time. Overall, I would say this interview was light on the behavioral questions and heavier on the technical.

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram on this object and tell which members are in compression or tension.   Answer Question
    • Given that a machine is being fed these boxes, design some way to release these boxes only when there are either 2 (or 4) of these boxes present.   Answer Question
    • How would you maintain the temperature of this device given that the ambient conditions are ...   Answer Question
    • Design a method to move this box, which is resting on this surface, with some constraints.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Had a quick phone interview, but did not get a call back. Still, they gave me some good tips and were overall nice about the whole process. I would recommend.

Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

submitted on line application, called for a phone screen, in person interview and interview decision. I knew all along what the steps were and they were prompt in replying. It was very professional.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went off of an internal employee referral, then I received a request for an interview from a recruiter service. The first round interview was a phone screen with a principal engineer.

Interview Questions

• Draw a free body diagram of this particular situation, analyze the forces on it and how would you improve the design?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants.

Interview

I received a call as the first stage in the interview process that lasted 15 minutes. As this was the first stage I think they had to get through a lot of people, so you need to make a good impression.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you have found really interesting in your course this year?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (London, England).

Interview

Telephone interview followed by significant preparation of a project plan and presentation leading to a full day's face to face.

Full day at CCL consisted of a presentation to approx. 10 people (of the project plan), discussion with HR, lunch, and individual interviews with numerous prospective colleagues.

Overall I found the experience humiliating and somewhat intimidating. It became clear fairly early on that I was not what they were looking for. At least two of the interviewers still proceeded to essentially pick away, criticising my preparation and my approach - seemingly as it did not align exactly with their mind's eye. The approach of one person in particular was quite unpleasant - being borderline aggressive.

Several days wasted. Please look to improve your screening process to save candidates significant time and effort they could be spending dealing with more open minded prospective employers!

Finally it took at least two weeks to get a response and this was after chasing. All I then received was a text book one line refusal. No feedback.

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions about the APM body of knowledge. Make sure you can recite it verbatim!   Answer Question

Marketing Events Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Cambridge, England) in August 2020.

Interview

I applied through the website and was emailed by a recruiter arranging a phone interview.

Having worked at a competitor previously, I felt the interviewer was purely asking me questions around how their competitors worked instead of focusing on my area of expertise, skills and experience.

It was very a way one way interview. There was no initial introduction explaining Cambridge Consultants, the set up or the role. They didn't even introduce themselves but went straight into questions which were clearly asked to uncover information for which they could use.

I felt used and that they only wanted to know what their rival tactics are. It was so insulting that I ended the interview half way through and withdrew my application.

They were the worst interviewer I have ever spoken to and seriously need training on how to conduct an interview. She came across rude, unfriendly and abrupt - not somewhere I want to work!

Interview Questions

• On competitor: how do the sales team follow up with leads, what software do they use, what messaging/USPs do they use, what are the names of the employees you worked with   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge Consultants (Cambridge, England) in January 2020.

Interview

The interviewers were very welcome and made the whole process a stress-free experience. I felt right at home and the company vibe was likable. The HR person who I communicated with was very helpful and promptly gave me a call the week after the interview. I would recommend applying to this company if you're taking a gap year.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.