Cambridge University Press & Assessment Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 124 of over 124 interviews

Teachers

10m

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,843

955 Comments

Join the conversation on

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Really simple process. No lengthy application forms to fill out and only one round of interviews. There were some pre interview tasks to complete and then an interview with a panel. The panel interview felt relaxed.

Application

Interview

There were overall two interviews. The first one they talked about the position and just asked basic questions about my resume and possible skills I could bring to the position with two members. The second one involved more detailed questions about my work style and a more detailed look into what I could bring to the position. The second round included the head editor as well as someone who previously had the position. It was a pretty relaxed interview both times.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? What can you bring to the role in terms of skills?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

The Interview process took 3 weeks. First round was with 2 people, and the second was with 4. Everyone was extremely kind and easy to talk to. Most of the interview was conversational with a few questions asked in between. Definitely come prepared with questions of your own, too. And do your research!

Interview Questions
  • What was a time when you showed initiative? Tell me about a time you had to learn a new technology? What motivates you? Why did you apply to this position?

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Sep 2021

Interview

I had two interviews, the second interview was centered around a task based activity where I was asked to put together a presentation. Communication via their portal with their resourcing team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Jul 2021

Interview

Via Teams, panel of 3, 30 minutes long. Able to select convenient appointment time. Very business oriented, lots of questions during the allotted time. Followed up in advised timescale and offered interview feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What can you tell us about Cambridge Assessment? Tell us about a time when you dealt with a busy workload What form of communication do you prefer and why?
1 person found this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Jun 2021

Interview

I was invited for an interview shortly after I applied and a week later I had the interview. The process was really quick, which I appreciated. I was extremely impressed by the panel (3 members). The panellists were very friendly and they clearly read my application. They remembered specific details that they followed up on. The questions were interesting and the interview was very well-structured. The task was relevant and interesting, but I would have preferred to do it at the end rather than before the interview. I wouldn't have been as nervous. That was the only con for me. Although I didn't get the job, I had a really positive experience and was given helpful feedback with the rejection email. I would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of an improvement you've made in the workplace. How would you help a client who was struggling to communicate in English? How would you communicate with the IT team about a technical issue (website)? What techniques do you use to manage your workload? How do you deal with stress? Provide an example of a difficult situation you had to deal with. How did you manage it? Provide an example of a mistake you've made. How did you cope with it?

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

A 25 mins skills test consisting of a proofreading task and a problem-solving task, followed by a 45 mins panel interview consisting of a mix of competency based questions and situational judgement questions. Lastly a free-for-all where you could ask questions about the company and role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Manila, Manila, Manila) in May 2021

Interview

Exam -> Tech Interview -> Final Interview Exam: 2 algo problems and 1 sql problem. Done via MS Teams, you have to share your screen and solve the problems while being monitored. Tech Interview: Interview with the team lead, questions are mostly about your previous projects, technical questions about the technologies you've used, and some behavioral and situational. Final Interview: Final interview is with the hiring manager from the UK. Mostly technical questions and situational. HR peeps are very nice and accommodating, keeps me regularly updated about my application.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve something on the project that you were working on.
3 people found this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

They will text you and schedule you for an interview and send you a technical assessment and aptitude. They will call if you passed the exam and start with HR interview. If the team lead is available, they will proceed with Technical Interview and then Hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England, England)

Interview

Application followed by invitation to face-to-face (via MS Teams) interview with two individuals. Interviewers were pleasant and questioned in a way that seemed largely effective in allowing me to present my skills, experience and knowledge. I maybe would have expected them to probe a bit more with follow-up questions. I only received an automated rejection email initially and there was some delay in receiving a response to a request for feedback (which I typically expect if I have done a face-to-face interview).

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage an internal stakeholder's requirements conflicting with what the customer is asking for?
1 person found this interview helpful