Cambridge University Press & Assessment Interview Questions

Updated 3 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 119 of over 119 interviews

Employee Referral5%
Recruiter2%
HardAverageEasy

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Jul 2021

Interview

Via Teams, panel of 3, 30 minutes long. Able to select convenient appointment time. Very business oriented, lots of questions during the allotted time. Followed up in advised timescale and offered interview feedback.

Interview Questions
  • What can you tell us about Cambridge Assessment? Tell us about a time when you dealt with a busy workload What form of communication do you prefer and why?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

A 25 mins skills test consisting of a proofreading task and a problem-solving task, followed by a 45 mins panel interview consisting of a mix of competency based questions and situational judgement questions. Lastly a free-for-all where you could ask questions about the company and role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Jun 2021

Interview

I was invited for an interview shortly after I applied and a week later I had the interview. The process was really quick, which I appreciated. I was extremely impressed by the panel (3 members). The panellists were very friendly and they clearly read my application. They remembered specific details that they followed up on. The questions were interesting and the interview was very well-structured. The task was relevant and interesting, but I would have preferred to do it at the end rather than before the interview. I wouldn't have been as nervous. That was the only con for me. Although I didn't get the job, I had a really positive experience and was given helpful feedback with the rejection email. I would definitely apply again.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of an improvement you've made in the workplace. How would you help a client who was struggling to communicate in English? How would you communicate with the IT team about a technical issue (website)? What techniques do you use to manage your workload? How do you deal with stress? Provide an example of a difficult situation you had to deal with. How did you manage it? Provide an example of a mistake you've made. How did you cope with it?

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila, Manila

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Manila, Manila, Manila) in May 2021

Interview

Exam -> Tech Interview -> Final Interview Exam: 2 algo problems and 1 sql problem. Done via MS Teams, you have to share your screen and solve the problems while being monitored. Tech Interview: Interview with the team lead, questions are mostly about your previous projects, technical questions about the technologies you've used, and some behavioral and situational. Final Interview: Final interview is with the hiring manager from the UK. Mostly technical questions and situational. HR peeps are very nice and accommodating, keeps me regularly updated about my application.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you made a suggestion to improve something on the project that you were working on.
1 person found this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

They will text you and schedule you for an interview and send you a technical assessment and aptitude. They will call if you passed the exam and start with HR interview. If the team lead is available, they will proceed with Technical Interview and then Hiring manager

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Video interview with a series of questions to answer - mostly competency based and some questions based on my experience and skillset. How my experience was applicable to the role and how I might fit into the organisation.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you had to manage a difficult member of staff?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Cambridge, East of England, England, England)

Interview

Application followed by invitation to face-to-face (via MS Teams) interview with two individuals. Interviewers were pleasant and questioned in a way that seemed largely effective in allowing me to present my skills, experience and knowledge. I maybe would have expected them to probe a bit more with follow-up questions. I only received an automated rejection email initially and there was some delay in receiving a response to a request for feedback (which I typically expect if I have done a face-to-face interview).

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage an internal stakeholder's requirements conflicting with what the customer is asking for?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (New York, NY) in Jan 2021

Interview

great job and great company everyone had a can do attitude and that made it a really pleasant experience. I had days where I didnt want to come to work but my team motivated me to roll right on out of bed.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my past experience

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Interview itself went fine but I never heard back or received feedback. I sent 2 emails to HR to request feedback but received no response. Also didn't receive any confirmation that I hadn't received the job. Communication was not good

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Only one round with a panel of people, the setup process wasn't very good. They said that there will be feedback but in the end, didn't reply with any feedback.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Interviews