Cambridge University Press & Assessment Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 136 of over 136 interviews

Other2%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Two stage interview with panel asking competency based questions related to the organisation and role. Were fairly quick to respond with invitations from emails. HR followed up with a phone call to offer and negotiate salary (They went in at bottom of the range)

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/person?
    Answer Question

Application

Interview

There was a video recording where I had to answer some prepared questions around the role in an allocated time . It was followed by a simple technical task and in-person interview with manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,890

960 Comments

Teachers

159.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Cambridge University Press & Assessment~320424
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (Cambridge, England) in Feb 2022

Interview

Teams interview. Focused on my skills and competencies, and asking how I relate to their company values (empowering, inclusivity etc.) Very easy going interview and lasted around 30 minutes. Heard back from HR a week and a half later.

Interview Questions
  • What does empowering mean to you? Tell us about yourself? Why this role?

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Very welcoming and smooth interview experience. They asked me about my prior experience and some personal questions. They reply very promptly and the process is quite fast. One of the most challenging part of the experience was to answer questions related to the job based on prior experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Le tempistiche indicate sull'annuncio per l'invio della candidatura non vengono rispettate e questa cosa mi sembra veramente poco seria da parte di un'istituzione di questo calibro. Alla mia richiesta di informazioni sul motivo della chiusura anticipata della selezione mi hanno risposto che non vengono date spiegazioni o motivazioni ai candidati che non si sono potuti registrare.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Half an hour interview with two department leaders for a remote position. Interview was fine, but after passing along my references post-interview, I never heard anything back about the outcome despite sending a follow up email three weeks after the interview, it’s now been five and I’ve since seen the job readvertised. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Interview

Really simple process. No lengthy application forms to fill out and only one round of interviews. There were some pre interview tasks to complete and then an interview with a panel. The panel interview felt relaxed.

1 person found this interview helpful

Application

Interview

There were overall two interviews. The first one they talked about the position and just asked basic questions about my resume and possible skills I could bring to the position with two members. The second one involved more detailed questions about my work style and a more detailed look into what I could bring to the position. The second round included the head editor as well as someone who previously had the position. It was a pretty relaxed interview both times.

Interview Questions
  • What motivates you? What can you bring to the role in terms of skills?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment (New York, NY) in Oct 2021

Interview

The Interview process took 3 weeks. First round was with 2 people, and the second was with 4. Everyone was extremely kind and easy to talk to. Most of the interview was conversational with a few questions asked in between. Definitely come prepared with questions of your own, too. And do your research!

Interview Questions
  • What was a time when you showed initiative? Tell me about a time you had to learn a new technology? What motivates you? Why did you apply to this position?

Cambridge University Press & Assessment

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cambridge University Press & Assessment in Oct 2021

Interview

It was a strange experience indeed. It felt like two of the interviewers didn't really know what they were talking about. The questions were about the existing process and I was asked why the client wasn't happy with the final product which the learning designer has presented... to me, if your client is unhappy and the expectations are miles apart from the presented final product then there was a significant gap in communication. There were several other interesting questions which made me think that it wasn't a great idea to go ahead with my application..

Interview Questions
  • Q:Why the client didn't like my product?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 136 Interviews

Cambridge University Press & Assessment Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Cambridge University Press & Assessment as 47.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Administrative Assistant and Editorial Assistant rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Operations Administrator roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Cambridge University Press & Assessment takes an average of 28 days when considering 129 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Editorial Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 16 days), whereas Administrative Assistant roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 57 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Cambridge University Press & Assessment according to 129 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 30.88%