Camelot Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Jun 2019

3.3

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly standard interview process. Phone screen followed by the coding exercise (done at home) then f2f interview. F2F interview took approximately two hours and it consisted of following:
    Code Interview (based on exercise) – 1 hr
    Design Interview – 30 minutes
    Personal interview – 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• How is it called when you put keys with equals hash id into HashMap?   Answer Question
    • What would happen if you call run method on a Thread subclass?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Watford, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (North Watford, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Excellent, accommodating with times, good at questions, thorough process. Had two interviews, one being the standard getting to know me - competency based qus. The second was was a panel - presentation, interview and qus.

Head of Infrastructure Interview

Interview

Applied online, emailed by the recruiter to arrange a phone screen which led to a face to face interview onsite at Camelot HQ. Was told that feedback on next steps would be within two weeks.

Despite multiple emails and phone calls to the recruiter in question, no feedback has ever been given. Now over 6 weeks later I have given up ever getting any.

Very disappointing given the level of the role and the fact that a face to face interview took place. Poor candidate experience from the recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview talking through relevant experience for the role.   Answer Question

Payroll Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I only got approached yesterday about this role and I went out of my way this evening to get there after been at work all day, this first person who interviewed me was just rude. Patronized and humiliated me over the payroll test put me under extreme pressure with regards to knowing the ins and outs of certain area's wanting full explanation if this is a representative for camelot I feel for the company as a whole on the upside the payroll manager was lovely polite and courteous grateful that I made time for them.
    If they offered me the job tomorrow I would turn it down flat.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaconsfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Beaconsfield, England) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the best interview processes I have had from start to finish. The internal recruiter kept me updated regularly and was a pleasure to deal with. Great first impressions.

Interview Questions

• The face to face was a competency based interview with standard interview questions. Be prepped and ready to give examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Perfect, couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

They didn't book a room for the interview so had to hunt down a room overall several floors but then then technical problems and half an hour later we finally started.

Been given a piece of paper with a long question on it basically to implement a simulation that plays recurring lottery draws for over a period of time.

We were running out of time and got asked some technical questions but that was it. Very shallow and manic intreview. Seemed like a manic place for the short time I was there.

Haven't had any feedback from the company but been asked by the recruiter to remove or change my previous glassdoor review about the phone interview. When I saw other employess reviewing about being monitored it totally makes sense.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England).

Interview

First step telephonic interview involving generic questions and run through of your CV. Second round involves meeting with business lead and technical lead for a face to face session with mostly technical questions around Unix, web services and SQL.

Interview Questions

• How to join 2 tables in SQL and get the data from both tables.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call from HR, did the phone interview there and then. Got invited for a face to face which I attended. So I put a lot of effort into this interview, took a day off work to attend this interview so for me to be given zilch off HR regarding the interview, not a yes or a no or any feedback just shows how unprofessional this company. I do understand that you are busy and not just dealing with myself but everyone has a busy life that they are trying to get along without wondering what has happened in the job interview. Sent a couple of emails and phoned a couple of times, the recruiter has refused to acknowledge my emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• If you were given an elephant, you can’t sell or give it away, what would you do with it l?

Recommend me a movie?   2 Answers

Data Centre Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in April 2011.

Interview

Went through headlines of CV, Looking for application of knowledge to real world situations , Big picture thinking and detail applications , career plans moving forward , outside work life , work life balance , examples of changes implimented and results, strengths and weaknesess.

Recruitment Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England).

Interview

Excellent process, meeting key people within the department and wider business. I felt challenged and developed a real understanding about the company culture and why its a great place to work. Very positive.

Interview Questions

• A real mix of standard questions with some competency based questions which is a nice mix in my opinion.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.