Camelot Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Camelot Group

3.3

Java Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Mostly standard interview process. Phone screen followed by the coding exercise (done at home) then f2f interview. F2F interview took approximately two hours and it consisted of following:
    Code Interview (based on exercise) – 1 hr
    Design Interview – 30 minutes
    Personal interview – 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• How is it called when you put keys with equals hash id into HashMap?   Answer Question
    • What would happen if you call run method on a Thread subclass?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Watford, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (North Watford, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Excellent, accommodating with times, good at questions, thorough process. Had two interviews, one being the standard getting to know me - competency based qus. The second was was a panel - presentation, interview and qus.

Head of Infrastructure Interview

Interview

Applied online, emailed by the recruiter to arrange a phone screen which led to a face to face interview onsite at Camelot HQ. Was told that feedback on next steps would be within two weeks.

Despite multiple emails and phone calls to the recruiter in question, no feedback has ever been given. Now over 6 weeks later I have given up ever getting any.

Very disappointing given the level of the role and the fact that a face to face interview took place. Poor candidate experience from the recruitment team.

Interview Questions

• Competency based interview talking through relevant experience for the role.   Answer Question

Lead Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England).

Interview

Slow interview process. Took 6 weeks from my first interview to get told I wouldn’t be getting a second.

First interview I proved I had plenty of management experience but they said they I didn’t have enough in the rejection phone call. I think it was more to do with my wheelchair and that the interviewer struggled to open internal fire doors for me.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience managing a team?   1 Answer

Camelot Group Response

18 Jun 2019 – Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value honest feedback and we’re dedicated to making Camelot a great place to work.

We’re sorry to read you had a negative experience during... More

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn which was a simple application whereby you upload your CV and answer the questions. I then was invited to a video interview. There was only 5 questions which were what you would expect in any interview. All of them were unlimited attempts except the last one which you only have two takes, with unlimited time to think of the question and 1 minute to answer each one. I was then invited to the assessment centre whereby I had to do numerical reasoning test in advance and on the day, an interview with two employees, a group exercise and an excel test which is practical and theoretical.

Interview Questions

• How many cars does Ford produce?   Answer Question
    • If you won £10 million, what would you do with it?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you manager told you to do something that breaches accounting regulations?   Answer Question

Payroll Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I only got approached yesterday about this role and I went out of my way this evening to get there after been at work all day, this first person who interviewed me was just rude. Patronized and humiliated me over the payroll test put me under extreme pressure with regards to knowing the ins and outs of certain area's wanting full explanation if this is a representative for camelot I feel for the company as a whole on the upside the payroll manager was lovely polite and courteous grateful that I made time for them.
    If they offered me the job tomorrow I would turn it down flat.

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaconsfield, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Beaconsfield, England) in June 2016.

Interview

One of the best interview processes I have had from start to finish. The internal recruiter kept me updated regularly and was a pleasure to deal with. Great first impressions.

Interview Questions

• The face to face was a competency based interview with standard interview questions. Be prepped and ready to give examples to back up your answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Perfect, couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

They didn't book a room for the interview so had to hunt down a room overall several floors but then then technical problems and half an hour later we finally started.

Been given a piece of paper with a long question on it basically to implement a simulation that plays recurring lottery draws for over a period of time.

We were running out of time and got asked some technical questions but that was it. Very shallow and manic intreview. Seemed like a manic place for the short time I was there.

Haven't had any feedback from the company but been asked by the recruiter to remove or change my previous glassdoor review about the phone interview. When I saw other employess reviewing about being monitored it totally makes sense.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied directly after seeing the job posted on a careers site. Very quick response from the HR team (Michael) who was very professional and came across very well. F2F interview arranged for just a couple of weeks later, met the line manager who was also a pleasure to speak to but asked some very tough questions probing past experience / ways of working. Follow up interview a week later with pre-prepared task / presentation, and met several other peers for the role. Whole process from start to finish 1 month. Very quick, very professional, very positive experience.
    Declined the role as had another offer for slightly more money closer to home.

Interview Questions

• Presentation task for final interview - take an initiative, such as a new payment service, e.g. Apple Pay. What aspects would you assess when looking at implementing it on both the web & app.   1 Answer

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watford, East of England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Camelot Group (Watford, East of England, England).

Interview

First step telephonic interview involving generic questions and run through of your CV. Second round involves meeting with business lead and technical lead for a face to face session with mostly technical questions around Unix, web services and SQL.

Interview Questions

• How to join 2 tables in SQL and get the data from both tables.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.