Centrica Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Centrica Interview Questions

Interviews at Centrica

2.9

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centrica (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

They sent me a news article related to the subject of my internship 48 hours ahead of my interview, and asked me to make a 5 minute presentation describing the potential business impact of the article. Then they asked be behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe how I worked in a team, and they asked me if I was capable of performing well in a role that was not a leadership role.   Answer Question

Summer Placement Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South East England, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Initially applied online - completed a numerical and verbal reasoning test and then a video interview.

Was invited to an assessment centre which was structured in the following way:

1. Group task - Was given three questions before the assessment day and had to discuss in a smaller group, and then joined by the rest of the group to present to the assessors

2. Case task - Was given a case study and told to summarise and provide recommendations to a manager as part of a mock meeting

3. Manager Interview - Behavioural / Competency-based

Interview Questions

• Name a difficulty you've encountered when dealing with customers   Answer Question

Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Leeds, England).

Interview

Attended assessment centre for Centrica. Ran for about 4hrs and included 2 group tasks and 2 interviews. Group tasks were initially a small group discussing Centirca's company values and how they relate to engineering and the company. Then combining both groups to a larger group to discuss the same questions and provide an agreed answer. About 10mins before the end they surprised us saying we had to present our ideas to the assessors within the next 10mins. Interviews were based upon your results from the personality test and then engineering competency.
    Overrall experience was positive, other grads were friendly and interviewers were helpful. Use the STAR technique.

Mechanical Engineering Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Centrica (Leeds, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online. Process took 3+ months. After numerical and verbal tests, a standard video interview I was invited for assessment centre. Extremely friendly atmosphere was not intimidating once you got there. Pleasant but challenging experience. Presenting in front of assessors, individual task was very time limited but just think logically. HR part was very standard.

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South East England, England).

Interview

Thought I did well at the assessment centre, but when it came to the one on one interview the interviewer wasn't prepared at all and didn't even write anything down. He even asked me what the interview was going to be about. When I received feedback from HR they didn't even know I had done an interview.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mitcham, England

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Mitcham, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Telephone interview.

Had an interview with two senior level individuals.

They arrived promptly and asked a multitude of questions around the role and around my resume, as well as what interested me to the position.

It was a very organised and well thought out telephone interview.

The only unpleasant part would surround the fact that the provided feedback, which I had to chase the internal team, mentioned verbally that I am too senior for the role. Which didn’t match the fact that the role I applied for was one level above the current position I am currently employed as.

When I submitted the response, I received no follow up details and no additional information. Not even an email stating that my application had been rejected.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centrica.

Interview

Telephone and Assessment Centre. First round is you have to complete the online tests. For the telephone interview, it's entirely competency based . The assessment centre involves a group exercise, individual presentation and final round interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work for us?
      Q. What skills do you think you would need for this role?   Answer Question

Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica (Windsor, South West England, England) in November 2019.

Interview

It is a well-structured interview. You start off by introducing yourself. You participate in a group exercise where you have to make a decision given some data, and you then move on to an individual exercise with a different set of data. Finally, you have a typical competency interview but at the end there is a technical question.

Interview Questions

• How many letters does British gas send in a month?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centrica.

Interview

It was an internal application and I knew the hiring manager so it was quite informal - I submitted a cv and cover letter and was invited to an hour long conversation about past experience and why I wanted the role. I

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Centrica.

Interview

Laid back.
    Group presentation, 4 face to face interviews with 1-3 people. One individual role play activity with a problem based objective. Mostly asked about aspects of my CV (non-academic).

Interview Questions

• I see you like doing (insert keyword from CV) - tell me about it.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.