CertainTeed Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

CertainTeed Interview Questions

Interviews at CertainTeed

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CertainTeed (Malvern, PA (US)).

Interview

I applied through my school system. The interviewers were actually very friendly and collaborative. Prepare for some basic interview questions and you will be fine. I was interviewed one by one with each of the people in the team.

Intern Interview

Interview

Called me in, went in for an interview and the conversation was fair/ok. There didn't seem to be a structure/person to report to for the internship, despite questioning it. The manager firmly said they would get back to me within a few days, but never heard back. Wouldn't work there

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CertainTeed.

Interview

Interviewed with the operations manager one week and was invited back for a second interview the following week. Both interviews seemed very promising and I was told they would get back with me within a couple weeks whether there was an offer or not. In the meantime, I got offered another job with a different company so I emailed and told them I got offered a job and that I was still interested, but I needed to know something soon. Still haven't heard anything and it's been 3 weeks since my last interview and a week since I e-mailed them. You'd think somebody could take time out of their day to respond to an e-mail from a job candidate. Especially when they made it seem like you were going to get the job. And just for background: my current company is shutting down the plant I work at so I'm having to take what I can get right now.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior based questions but mostly questions about your background and skills pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CertainTeed.

Interview

I interviewed for the Process Engineer position at CertainTeeds Technical Development Program. The interview process had three parts. The first was a phone interview with the recruiter. It was a simple interview, I was asked about my background and was told about the development program. The second part was also a phone interview. This was a more technical interview with an engineer. This was mainly just a conversation about my background and experiences. The last part was an on-site interview. The on-site included two basic interviews with the HR manger and the technical manger I would be reporting to. There was then a plant tour. The whole process took about 3 weeks. The interviews all felt more like a casual conversation rather than an actual interview. Overall it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Great interviewers who really knew how to ask question. Very comprehensive interview process where you meet potential co-workers. Overall some great conversations and really got a feel for the work environment.

Inspector/Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chowchilla, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CertainTeed (Chowchilla, CA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Easy basic questions and told to wait for a call back. Seemed very intrested in me. But seem very laud back company. Asked if i was available for work. If i was trustworthy and not call in.

Interview Questions

• Am i eligible to work in the u.s.   2 Answers

Systems Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CertainTeed.

Interview

Went through 3 interviews. One hr, one with hiring manager and final with 4 executives on a panel. Was told by third executive the position has been put on hold and basically wasted my time. No one called to inform me the position has been put on hold due to internal issues on what they wanted from a candidate. Also third executive came in 25 minutes late. Not professional at all.

BI Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CertainTeed.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR representative for 20 min, she was good. After that there was 1:1 with Hiring Mgr and other team members, with each memeber it was 30 min. They were running behind schedule.

Interview Questions

• Related to achievement, real scenario, trying to see fit in their work culture.   1 Answer

Maintenance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at CertainTeed (Wilmington, CA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me looking for a qualified Maintenance Manager candidate. Afterward, a member of the company's staffing / HR department reached out to me and gave me a brief screening call. Next I was set up with a phone interview with a regional Engineer / Reliability Manager. Lastly, I was set up with an in-person panel interview. The plant location was an immediate negative. Just outside the gated office area is a homeless encampment. The shabby lobby has multiple security cameras, stained ceiling tiles, old faded paint and shabby furniture. A receptionist sits behind a small security window. During the panel interview, where the interviewers and Plant Manager were asking if I was willing to work 24x7 I wanted to tell them that there are better places to work! You can have a job AND a life! Why are you still here? It's sad really that they have completely drunk the cool-aid. It was also a complete waste of my time. Why didn't the requirement to work 24x7 ever come up with the recruiter, the HR screener or the regional Engineer?

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work 6-7 days a week, every weekend and sometimes, only sometimes, take a day off during the week?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CertainTeed.

Interview

I never even had a phone screening process, I simply received an email requesting me my presence for an in person interview. The communication with the interviewer was very unprofessional, his grammar and writing style left me very unimpressed.

Specifically - when I responded via email to the interviewer confirming my interest in proceeding with an in-person interview, I received an auto-reply stating he would be out of the office until May. My email was sent to him in December, which means he's had an auto-reply out of office active for well over half a year!

Lastly, as stated above I applied and completed my interview in December. It is now 60+ days after the fact and I have not been informed of my status or if the position was even filled. I have attempted to contact the HR rep who handled the interview and I never received a response back.

I guess it's safe to assume I didn't get the job which is fine, but the complete lack of professionalism from a company like this absolutely blew me away and left me disgusted.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.