Checkmarx Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Checkmarx Interview Questions

Interviews at Checkmarx

Pre-Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter about the company and the role and both sounded very interesting. That led to a phone screen with the hiring manager, then HR.

Those conversations led to a technical assignment. The assignment was a to develop and discuss a presentation surrounding one of the latest Top 10 OWASP vulnerabilities and my response to a client's support email. The assignment itself really didn't lend itself to expected roles and expectations of a SE; more of a Post-Sales Engineer or a Technical Account Manager.

I received positive feedback during my presentation and was told I'd hear something back, regardless of the final decision because of the amount of time/effort put into that stage of the interview process.

Three weeks pass and I never hear back, so I reached out for an update. I was told that they indeed like me but passed my information to another group that had an open position I was not interested in. Which now looking back, makes perfect sense given the nature of the assignment and questions asked during the presentation. Apparently, this decision was made shortly after my presentation, but never communicated back to me. If I didn't fit the needs of the role, that's totally understandable; the company's supposed to find the best fit. I would've appreciated a quick conversation prior to forwarding me to a role that was neither discussed nor I have interest in.

It was definitely an interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Develop and present a XXE-OWASP top 10 A4 vulnerability to a developer.   Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx.

Interview

A ton of waiting. I applied on LinkedIn, the recruiter reached out to me for an interview which we had within a week. It took over a week to hear next steps, which was from a different person. Next steps were a call with the hiring manager. I didn't hear back after that call for close to 3 weeks with multiple follow ups to multiple people. They didn't have the time of day for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and how it pertains to this position   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Initial screen with HR, tech screen & presentation, Management interview, HR interview, References Check, Offer. The tech screen was pretty challenging, but it gave me a good sense of what exactly they are looking for when they hire a Sales Engineer @Checkmarx.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

it was ok. kind of strange process, wouldn't recommend anyone going to checkmarx as there are far better opportunities that pay more out there. it was ok. kind of strange process, wouldn't recommend anyone going to checkmarx as there are far better opportunities that pay more out there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

From the start the recruitment team was very responsive and very helpful. They kept me in the loop through the whole process and it was one of the most seamless interview processes I have been through!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself going in your future career path?   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I had a wonderful experience during the interview process with HR and the Hiring Manager for the position. I applied for the position through LinkedIn's easy apply button and received an email inviting me for an interview within a few days. I had phone interviews with HR, the Hiring Manager, 2nd tier Hiring Manager then an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager.

Something Checkmarx did that I have never experienced before while applying with another company was their outstanding communication. I knew exactly where I was in the process at all times. If a few days went by with no update to my status, I was sent an email informing me that I was still being considered and thanking me for my interest. It felt very respectful of my time and made me feel like I was applying at a company who put value into the people.

I felt like the actual interview process was easy. Not because they didn't ask good questions, but because I was able to pull from my previous experience and share stories that applied to the questions. I didn't feel like they were trying to catch me off guard or stump me. They asked probing questions to gauge if I would be a genuinely good fit for the team.

I am pleased with the whole experience and it was a excellent first impression for me.

Interview Questions

• In your previous role, how many accounts were you responsible for?   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx in February 2020.

Interview

- phone interview with HR -
    - 1:1 with the Team Lead
    - 1:1 with the Head of customer Success
    - Presentation in front of the Team Lead, the Head , and the CSM Director (very long to do!)
    - 1:1 with the CSM Director
    I found the whole process very long, you need to come prepared to each step and know a lot about the product and cyber security
    Questions are hard it’s not just a chill conversation ( except for the 1 st interview and HR interview)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Checkmarx? Why cybersecurity?   Answer Question
    • What do you say to an angry customer if you can't solve his issue ?   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Checkmarx.

Interview

Personal interview about myself. I spoke about my school days, about the time i served in the army, and about my academic studies. The purpose of the interview was to know me to see who they are dealing with.

Interview Questions

• What project did i work on during my studies or on my free time   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ramat Gan (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (Ramat Gan (Israel)) in December 2019.

Interview

It started with an HR quick phone call, then first frontal interview at their office. Afterwards, home assignment. Once finished I needed to present the home assignment to 2 managers. Last step was a very thorough HR interview.

They were very nice throughout the entire process

Dev QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braga (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Checkmarx (Braga (Portugal)).

Interview

They are all easy going and really nice, the environment is informal Recruitment process was friendly and welcoming. I felt always appreciated and respected.
    They are all easy going and really nice, the environment is informal.

Interview Questions

• Regular questions interview questions, but more focused on the our professional experience.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.