Chessington World Of Adventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Chessington World Of Adventures Interview Questions

Interviews at Chessington World Of Adventures

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long, 3 hours in total. It was a group interview. there was about 20 or more of us. I don't know if they change it time to time, but when you register, your name is written on a sticker and a number. Once the staff came, they took us to a room with tables to put groups of people in. The numbers on our stickers indicated what number table we sit on.

There are assessors for each table you work with. They look at how you work with the person next to you and see what kind of person you are. We got given small activities to do e.g. to plan a day for a specific type of group in chessington, where they would go, why it would suit them etc. Then they gave us a sheet of our availability during term time (school/college) and then the half term holidays and weekend.

After the small activities, we got a private 1-1 interview. Pretty basic questions.

Advice - just be the best you, smile and just be cool, honestly.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you got good customer service?   1 Answer
    • If i asked you to do something but there was a queue of customers waiting, what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was several group activities (presumably to see how much you discuss and your communicative skills etc), while watching a company video on how it is to work in the company and career stories from current employees at Chessington; this process took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. After this, there is a short and relatively simple enough interview of about 10-15 minutes, asking you of your previous work experience, how & why you enjoyed the group interview and exercises, and other basic (generic) questions.

Application

Interview

It lasted a total of 3 - 4 hours starting at 9am with at least a hundred people there, the actual interview was only 10 - 15 minutes though, the rest was group activities e.g. arranging the importance of different groups like a pack of wolves or a family; I'm guessing they want to see how you discuss, communicate, and act in a team, nothing too difficult and all the interviewers were outgoing and friendly; was quite enjoyable for an "assessment day".

Interview Questions

• Have you got any previous experience?   1 Answer
    • What is the best customer service experience you have had? (They can also ask worst)   1 Answer

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in January 2016.

Interview

You get put into groups of about 8 people with some activities to do together. At the end, you are then able to have a one to one interview. It is quite easy and the process helps you to relax.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you received good customer service?   1 Answer

Rides and Attractions Host Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures.

Interview

Started with a group interview. Had to select characteristics of the park, discuss park safety and prioities and create a new area of the park. Then there was an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a memorable experience and what made it memorable   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a family who want to ride a closed attraction?   Answer Question

Rides and Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in July 2016.

Interview

We were taken over to the training centre and allocated which tables we had to sit at. Then before we started, they asked us to put our passports and NIN cards or letter into a wallet so that they could photocopy it. We watched a few videos which told us what their values are, what it will be like to work there, what the benefits are etc, and the assessor also told us what being a Ride host entails. In between the videos, we did two group activities, the first one was where we worked in pairs and had to pick one of Merlin's values from a list and explain why we chose that. The next activity was a whole group activity, and we were given a map and had to plan a day out for a family of 5 (a mum, dad, a nan and two kids aged 7 & 12), we had to choose what rides they should go on, where they should shop, eat etc and explain why. After that we then had the one to one interviews which only took about 10 minutes max.

Interview Questions

• How would you speak to children?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with conflict?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you received good customer service?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if one of the rides was closed and a customer was becoming aggravated because of it?   Answer Question

Rides Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Lazy.
    They sat us all down, 1 manager, 1 team leader, per table. We then had to watch the TVs as they were playing videos on the screen about the company and the job roles ect. The managers or team leaders didn't talk until the 1-on-1 interview stage.

Interview Questions

• No questions really stood out, Why do you want to work here? How will you keep motivated on a rainy day? A lot of drivel to be honest.   Answer Question

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Very fun. Group activities and solo interview. We watched clips from inside the park to better our knowledge. Interview taught me more about myself, asking us which brand quality do we lack and take pride in.

Interview Questions

• Create a new section to the theme park.   1 Answer
    • How would you act around kids?   1 Answer

Rides & Attractions Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in February 2011.

Interview

Group assessment of around 40 of us and then individual interviews afterwards, most applicants were young, I'd say most of the staff at the park are between the ages of 16-25. Was a long interview process but very enjoyable with partner activities, group activities and a presentation about the company. Basically they want to see if you're confident and comfortable enough speaking and interacting with new people to get on well working at the park. The majority of the people at the assessment got a job at the end so it isn't stressful or competitive.

Interview Questions

• Speak to the person next to you, draw their face on a balloon and present them to the rest of the group, with 3 interesting facts about them.   1 Answer
    • In a group you read a list of objects and they put you in a scenario where you are lost on safari and you have to pick the 3 most important objects to get you out safely.   1 Answer

Food and Bevarges Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chessington, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chessington World Of Adventures (Chessington, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a recruitment evening. went along and we did some activities as a team and afterwards we all had a one on one interview with a manager

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.