Chevron Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 871 of over 871 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chevron

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

1st part was a hirevue interview with 7 questions in total, about 4 of them being behavioral questions 2nd round had 4-5 Behavioral Questions with a hiring manager, and a short conversation

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you worked in a team to complete a project
    Answer Question

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

I applied online after attending one of their recruiting events and received an interview. The interview process consisted of one technical question and multiple behavioral questions. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a conflict and how you overcame it
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Chevron

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

The interview process was very friendly and warm. The panel wanted to know more about me by asking behavioural questions. It is very important to be confident during the interview and show that you are well prepared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

it went perfectly through several rounds (incl technical tasks) and face-to-face interviews with a top management team. Overall, the technical task was simple and questions too, the preparation requires only to answer creatively and honestly.

Interview Questions
  • Introduction, what about routine work and overworking? What is your experience and what are your hardest projects?

Chevron

Application

I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Great. It was straight forward, long, and overall a good process. I would give them a good rating. Talking to the employees and other individuals within the company was very satisfying. Got an offer, haven't decided if I should accept or not yet, so I will mark this as declined.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chevron

Interview

Behavioral interview - nothing too hard, although the process is pretty selective, and it seems you are judged more on your resume and transcript than anything. Overall, not a bad process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chevron (Houston, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

Got the interview through a career fair, the interview process consisted of one interview. It was on a videocall. The interview started off with two technical questions. - Choose the language you want to code in - Don't need to run it, just need to open a text editor and show your understanding of the language - You are given really simple problems, think along the lines of (these are just examples, they are very similar to the problems that I received) "isLowerCase", "isUpperCase", "isEven", etc. The behavioral interview tested for the core values of the company. It was like any behavioral interview, talk about challenges, leadership, communication, etc. Answer with the STAR method (situation, task, action, result) method.

Interview Questions
  • Technical part: As I said earlier: You are given really simple problems, think along the lines of (these are just examples, they are very similar to the problems that I received) "isLowerCase", "isUpperCase", "isEven", etc. Adding onto that, you have as much time as you need, you can backtrack if you need, etc. But they (at least my interviewer didn't) won't intervene or help.

Chevron

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in Oct 2021

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the HRDP Program Manager and then a Recruiter to set up an interview. I had a first-round interview with two Chevron employees. The questions were primarily behavioral and focused on the job description competencies. The interviewers were very friendly. A little less than a week after the first round interview, I was notified that I would be moving to a final round interview. The final round interview was a panel interview, and I was asked Behavioral-based questions and a few general administrative questions. The panel interview interviewers were very nice and gave me insight into their time at Chevron. About a week or so after the final round interview, I was notified that I was not selected. I was sad and disappointed, but I was glad that they let me know in a timely manner. The interview process for Chevron's HRDP was one of the most professional and organized interview processes that I have gone through. I am happy for the individuals that were selected because the HRDP is truly the best in class.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Chevron

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron in Oct 2021

Interview

Very free flowing and comfortable. I went through two interviews, which were similar in nature except for the Chevron personnel on the other side. A lot of focus on my work experience, especially any projects I had completed. There were also some STAR method questions that were not the usual ones asked and made me think a little bit.

Interview Questions
  • "Can you tell us about your time at...?" "Tell us about a time where you had to collaborate and make a decision."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chevron (San Ramon, CA) in Oct 2021

Interview

First have a screen with a hiring manager. Second round is an interview with a data scientist. That round contains both technical and behavioral questions My third round is with the chapter lead of the data science team. Mostly getting to know more about the company.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the difference between supervised and unsupervised learning.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 871 Interviews