Citco Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Dec 2018

2.8

Sort:

Contract Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

Hired through a temp agency

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hours were negotiable

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Citco (West Chester, PA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a temp position through a staffing agency. My interviewer was personable and knowledgeable. He gave me an accurate description of what the first six months would be like.

Interview Questions

• How much experience did I have with Excel, particularly the more advanced functions and features (pivot tables, sumifs, vlookups, match/index, if/then statements, etc.)   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Citco.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 directors and 2 managers. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked about prior experience, hobbies, strengths, weaknesses, standard questions. very friendly interview. no difficult or technical questions were asked.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rye Brook, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Rye Brook, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a number of managers looking to fill positions on operations teams. Mostly wanted to see if I'd be a good fit personality wise, were vague about the actual nature of the job except inexplaining there may at times be some odd hours. Some dismissed me quickly for not being business / finance oriented in my education. Since working here I now know that your past exucation means nothing, you cankniw nothing about finance and fit in here, you just need to know how to work a computer / microsoft excel.

Interview Questions

• If you are not a finance major what qualifies you to work in this field.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted the offee without negotiating.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

Thru recruiter, met HR and manager and peer. What really stood out was being in a closed office with an Human Resources manager that had serious body odor! From talking to others there after hire and speaking with again she smells horrible! It is somewhat of a good representation of being at Citco. It stinks!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Citco (Jersey City, NJ (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Pretty easy phone interview and then a hand on project that i had to submit within a week. Everything went very smoothly. I ended up accepting the offer after few back and forth with the HR.

Middle Office Associate Interview

Interview

The interview lasted about and hour and a half. After taking a timed 5 minute math quiz (fairly simple math), I then met with a pair of high ranking employees and a pair of middle ranking employees.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based on the understanding of the job description and the company.

Example: Explain the difference between a mutual fund and hedge fund.   Answer Question

Middle Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and than In-site interview (along with 5-minute math "test")

Hedge Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

First interview on phone. They will ask you questions about how do you accountant for a call option, a put option, currency forwards etc. If you know all this information you should be fine throughout the interview.

Second interview is through Skype and the same questions are asked again. they are testing you to see if you have the knowledge to perform the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you account for such transaction. Debits and Credits. Not general accounts.
      2. Explain the process in your previous jobs.
      3. Why Citco?

Basic questions to see if you really are interested in the position.   Answer Question

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Citco (Malvern, PA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with two manager. They were friendly and asked questions about hedge fund and my old company. Before you interview the manager you will have phone calls and interview with the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self?
      What do you know about hedge fund and financial reporting?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.