Civil Service Fast Stream Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Civil Service Fast Stream Interview Questions

Interviews at Civil Service Fast Stream

3.5

Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream.

Interview

First, there is a competencies based questionnaire which is untimed.
    Then there is a behavioural questionnaire which is also untimed.
    Afterwards, there is a timed E-tray, which is also based on the competencies.
    Then there is an online interview where you are asked 8 questions with 2 minutes to answer each.
    Finally, there is a half day assessment centre which consists of three tasks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of cooperating well in a team, what did you do to make sure you cooperated well?

What idea have you had that had a large impact, how motivated are you to improve the way things are done?   Answer Question

Fast Stream Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (New London, MO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Many rounds, starting with an e-tray, then a video interview and then an assessment centre. I failed here but after this, some streams require a follow-up interview to assess your technical ability in the role you chose

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream.

Interview

Assessment centre was a good experience however depends greatly on if you have ANY civil service experience, as a physicists going for a stats job I still required skills I wouldn't have expected.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a PR scandal? (e.g. a data breach)   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (Manchester, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Online tests and application form - situational judgement test, questions asking about my extra-curricular and employment experience etc
    I talked about my netball commitment and captaincy, involvement with student newspapers and how i wanted to use my analytical skills in the civil service context
    Telephone interview --> offer

Interview Questions

• How do your skills and experience relate to the Fast Stream competencies   Answer Question

Technology Manager Interview

Interview

Got to the E-tray stage, nearly 80 minutes and quite confusing. Expected to answer 23 questions but you are bombarded with alot of information and different documents to shift through. Some of the answers are also ambigious. Would advice practicing before on websites like assessmentday. I didn't pass.

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (Newcastle, England) in November 2017.

Interview

A series of straightforward online tests covering basic numeracy and verbal skills. An 'e-tray' exercise that assesses your ability to sift through information to find the key points and then use these to make effective decisions. These were followed by a fairly routine video interview and half a day assessment centre.

The process is clear on the competencies they are looking for and removes as much bias as possible. Some people may be left waiting several months before finding out whether they will be offered a job or not.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (London, England).

Interview

Online interview before the assessment centre. Common competency questions asked based around the specific competencies they outline in your email. You are able to take a break in between questions if you wish, and then have 30 seconds to gather your thoughts before they film your responses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (Newcastle, England) in December 2017.

Interview

Online tests, e-Tray, competency-based video interview and assessment centre (FSAC). Video interview consists of 8 questions based on Civil Service competency framework - each is timed with around 2-3 minutes to answer. FSAC involves a group exercise, written analysis question and leadership exercise.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to respond to a setback.   Answer Question

Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute video interview. Can be quite daunting and uncomfortable speaking to a video of your self but gets easier as it progresses. You are allowed up to 30 seconds to prepare for each question, and although some are quite complex, if you can keep the Civil Service core competencies in mind, they become easier to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service Fast Stream (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

2 online tests, video interview and assessment centre (no one-to-one interview at assessment centre). Assessment centre seemed chill everyone is friendly and they make you feel super comfortable. But through the activities dont seem 'hard' their standards are very high. They say there's nothing you can do to prepare but do practice basic financial calculations (working out long term profits, etc for government/business projects) because I had no finance background and struggled with that (in fact it let me down).

Interview Questions

• All questions were surrounding the competencies (can find on civil service website) - to prepare use the SMART technique outlining skills and experience based on these.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.