Civil Service United Kingdom Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 284 of over 284 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Civil Service United Kingdom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (Birmingham, England, England)

Interview

An hour long interview which was fairly straight forward. Asked competency based questions, and also scenario based questions. They had combined two competency based questions together and asked me, which threw me off since I had two different examples prepared for the two separate questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to manage a quality service whilst communicating to a wider audience?
    Answer Question

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. I was asked some questions about my previous experience and my suitability for the programme. In terms of length, overall was an hour long and felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

I had to sit a maths and English test to get through to next stage. The interview itself was online with a mix of strengths and situational questions asked for about 30 minutes or so.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

The interview was a box ticking exercise. It felt unnatural and did not facilitate conversation. It was held on Google meets and I was interviewed by two people. It felt unnatural and I felt I was unable to show my personality.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked the HO band questions.

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

Difficult- you have to pass a lot of online tests ( comprehension, what would you do in this situation, and email tasks) and then you have a formal interview ( mine was virtual cause of covid) it can take months for them to get back to you

Interview Questions
  • Strength questions from civil service profiles. When is a time you have been organised/ shown time management etc

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England, England)

Interview

The whole interview process took about 45 mins. The questions where on competencies from the civil services success profiles. It was a 3 member panel asking questions. You have to answer using the STAR technique. Was asked a few follow up questions e.g Why did you think an improvement was needed

Interview Questions
  • Adaptability - what would you do if you are in the middle of a task and your manager asks you to do something else?
2 people found this interview helpful

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

Online Interview - Pre recorded video interview questions. Small time frame to prepare and then record answer. 5-6 questions with 2-3 minute response time although can be finished before.

Interview Questions
  • Mention one occasion you displayed good communication skills,

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

Blended interview of quick fire and longer questions, which is apparently civil service norm. Same as questions in application so plenty of time to prepare. But be prepared to expand.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Civil Service United Kingdom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom

Interview

Completed 500 words, then you are invited to partake in a situational judgement test. If you pass the test you written words are considered. If you meet the requirements you are then invited to a pre recorded interview that must be completed within 72 hours of receiving the email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about when you dealt with complexities with a customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Civil Service United Kingdom (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Applied online, was told there was no interview if i was selected i would be called just to choose which location i could work in. when i had the call i did that and it was very informal and quick, and at the end the lady said she will get in touch regarding when i start. next week i got a letter instead saying that i am not getting the position for no reason...although i had already been told i got it and would be starting soon. no explanation given. very rude and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions
  • just asked about the location and to provide passport and id
Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Interviews