Cloud Imperium Games Interview Questions

Updated 4 Aug 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cloud Imperium Games

Cloud Imperium Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games in Jul 2021

Interview

3 Steps: 1.Call with recruiter 2. They send an online engineering test to be completed within a week. Test isn't too difficult. It tests knowledge of C++ and Data Structures. 3. Follow up zoom interview Not a bad process. I blacked out on questions related to the std library so make sure you understand how it works under the hood.

Interview Questions
  • Explain what data structure std::map is under the hood
    Answer Question

Cloud Imperium Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games in Jun 2021

Interview

Sent an worksheet to me to fill out for employee evaluation. Which is very strange for a company to do for hiring an employee. Typically companies should ask for an interview over the phone. Additionally, the interview/employment process was done through email by a single employee of a company. Instead of a human resource team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Irvine, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Expect an hour-long interview and be sure that it revolves around the aspect of multiplayer. Overall the interview revolved around game logic rather than professional work experience. It also goes into the states and minor management of the the team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Cloud Imperium Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games

Interview

Applied online, through a very outdated looking page that wanted you to manually enter each work experience, which I haven't seen in 6 years or more. Someone from CI looked me up on linked in later that week. The next week I got an automated email containing a link to schedule a n initial HR phone interview, which felt very cold and impersonal. I scheduled for the soonest available which was the following week. Ten minutes prior to the meeting I receive a meeting reminder. The meeting time came and went with no contact from CI. Very unprofessional especially considering I am already happily employed but was really interested in their work and wanted to join the team. I don't know how they are going to staff up and meet their deadlines with a hiring team like this.

1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England, England)

Interview

Had a c++ test emailed over after applying online. Test was of the "solve this problem with an implementation" type thing rather than a set of questions. Was contacted after submission and asked to come in for an on site interview. Interview was pleasant, no traditional interview style questions, but open discussion about problem solving to do with a demonstration of SC. Felt like challenging chat.

Interview Questions
  • Look at (insert specific problem). How did would you solve this?

Cloud Imperium Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games

Interview

Initial interview conducted via teleconference with 2 engineers. It lasted about 30 minutes. Received a phone call from HR a couple hours later that the team wanted to immediately bring me in for face-to-face interview next day or day after. Face-to-face was scheduled for 1 hr, but lasted 4 hrs and included lunch. Everyone seemed nice & easy to work with. Interview concluded feeling they were eager to move forward. Was told a final decision would be made very soon, possibly later that day. "we are not going to leave you hanging..." However, was left hanging anyways despite their previous assertions to the contrary. Favorable impressions of the organization soon faded due to their indecisiveness, lack of follow-through and loss of credibility.

Interview Questions
  • Was given a general overview of the current system. Was asked how would you improve on it?
5 people found this interview helpful

Cloud Imperium Games

Application

I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games

Interview

Applied May 2019 Received an unscheduled call from HR for a quick informal on-the-spot interview June 6 Received an video call interview with CA management June 12 July 22 scheduled an in-person interview for August 8 July 31 was asked to reschedule in-person interview to August 13. I confirmed. I didn't receive any additional emails and confirmed on August 13 my interview For That Day. Glad I checked as I was told everyone was traveling and they forgot to tell me. They asked to postpone the interview and would keep me updated on a regular basis until they could reschedule. On September 20 after a month of silence, I followed up with my HR contract. Instead of a response to my email, I received a separate blanket email "Thank you for taking the time to interview with us as a part of Cloud Imperium Games’ recruitment process for the position of Studio Manager. Unfortunately, I regret to inform you that on this occasion we have decided not to progress your application any further. We appreciate the time that you have invested in applying for the position, however we are currently pursuing other candidates whose background and skills more closely fit our requirements. Thank you for your interest in working for Cloud Imperium Games. On behalf of the company, we wish you luck in future career endeavours." Unprofessional to say the least.

Interview Questions
  • Was ghosted for the in-person interview and didn't get a chance for questions.
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Started with a 45 minute video call screening, really relaxed. Followed with a 2-3 hour on-site interview with several groups of developers, everyone was very nice and well prepared. A different recruiter then contacted me for an art test, which seemed odd as generally I've seen art tests happen before the in-person interview but it didn't matter so much to me. The art test lasted about 5 days with 3 total tasks, after submitting it I waited about a week before they followed up with an automatic reply thanking me for applying. I did a bit more than apply and invested quite a bit of time into the process, so it was disappointing that I didn't receive direct email from a recruiter. Felt a bit unprofessional and cold after so much effort and direct communication with them.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Wilmslow, England, England)

Interview

The skype interview lasted for about 90 minutes. Very pleasant atmosphere and nice people. The questions were mostly about my portfolio and past work (had done work sample prior). Got a response the following day, though I'm sure other's experience would vary.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Cloud Imperium Games (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2019

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, including Skype interview and in-person interviews with the entire team. Really liked the team and was excited to accept the offer. Received a low offer and countered. After countering, was ghosted. Disappointed at the lack of professionalism from HR and expected more from such a large company.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manage international teams and establish production process?
3 people found this interview helpful