Compass Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Compass Group Interview Questions

Updated 6 Feb 2017

2.3

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

The interview consisted of a meeting with the assistant general manager with basic interview questions, and then was followed by a second interview with the general manager. A few days later I was called in to "try out" for an evening during service hours.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

I went to a job fair filled out the application and spoke with someone that same day they informed me I was hired and when and where to report. I only spoke with one person which made it easier to open up and speak freely

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Compass Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I went in very nervous but it was quick and easy. No hard or crazy questions. Just straight to the point questions (about 4 or 5) that I was able to answer in seconds. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too weird. Just normal questions. I guess if you can get through the interview you basically got the job.   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Charlotte, NC (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I had to take an Excel test, Accounting test and Personality test in which I passed them all. Then had a Dry interview with two people with drilling questions. The lady was sick and coughing the whole time, and not friendly. The man was upbeat and polite. The lady talked fast and I didn't understand her questions and didn't understand why she had an attitude. I asked plenty of questions but she hardly couldn't answer them. The interview was a waste of my time because she seemed like she didn't like interviewing beautiful women.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about each of your jobs   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your jobs   1 Answer

Chef Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Compass Group.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first, this was the toughest part of it all they are tough, then in person interview with director very laid back. Got job offer, then a ton of paper work to file out but well worth it looks like a very good company to work for

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Compass Group (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. The interviewer was friendly and very professional. Good information and knowledge
    about the Company. Everything was explained about the duties, salary and benefits. I was given a tour of the area. The whole interview took an hour.

Unit Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Campo, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Compass Group (El Campo, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy and short, not a lot of experience questions, was willing to take me at my word, and seemed to enjoy our time together. I believe the regional manager was going with his gut feeling,

Interview Questions

• Do you have business acumen?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None- the offer was what it was.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Compass Group (Dearborn, MI (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply online. Recieve a call fron recruiter pushing for an interview. Neet the interviewer . answer a few questions. Never heard back from the interviewer or recruiter. Made numerous attenpts to contact. Mainly for feedback purposes . dont want to work for a company that operates like this

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Compass Group (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief not too many questionstudents they have a shortage of cooks for reasons cannot specifie but is my belief that to maintain employees in a company simply takes offer a little more like benefits,better working conditions,more safety equipment,maintain a well equipped kitchen,have a budget for maintenence and replace wore down tools.knives?safety gloves,propper clean up of main kitchen by hiring kitchen helpers to keep line cook's doing what they were hired for, a cook can't touch a mop in front of a customer and they throw a burger in the grill for him,does not look good,many people cancel their orders after watching that situation.

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montevallo, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Compass Group (Montevallo, AL (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Everything was online, then I got a call from the head chef, I interviewed for 5 minutes with him, was offered a position and started working after background check and drug test cleared, filled out paperwork and was given uniforms and a schedule. It was very easy. I was given a tour and quick overview of where I'd be working and the type of work I'd be doing. Was asked if it was something I could do. I said yes, so he offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.