Condé Nast Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Condé Nast

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied for the role and received word for initial phasing screen by HR. I was then chosen to come in for face to face interview with the team a week later. I met with three team members but was disappointed to hear that the role was already in hopes being given to someone who had the previously had the role. Definitely felt like my time was being wasted and that this was just a formality but that they already knew they wanted that candidate. Second interviewer was a bit brash and condescending. I never heard back from them which was also rude. Needless to say, the experience made me realize that this wasn't where I wanted to go next.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pros: HR is very helpful and guides you through the whole process with questios. Interview questions are really basic. Be prepared and take notes on what the HR rep tells you on the phone. Know your skills very well, and relate your skills to what the position responsibilities are.

Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Got an email to set up phone interview with HR Recruiter, had an in person interview next week, and a second in person interview the following week

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was initially contacted by an Associate Talent Partner to schedule an interview. Then I arrived at the office in Times Square to speak with the same woman who set up the interview. She was incredibly friendly and we really hit it off. We spoke for about 15 minutes or so, and then she wanted me to speak with the Talent Parter in charge of the position. I met with her and it couldn't have been a more different experience than I had with the Associate Talent Partner. This woman was cold, unapologetic and brash. As someone who is supposed to serve as the face of the company for future employees, she did a very poor job of making me want to work for Conde Nast. She told me at the end of the interview that she felt I was better suited for another position they had open but that the hiring manager was not present. She told me to keep in touch and that she'd pass on my info to that hiring manager. I've followed-up multiple times, never to hear a thing from anyone. Even the initial Associate Talent Partner is ignoring my communications. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I was never really asked any difficult questions - the Associate Talent Partner basically just went through the basics. The Talent Partner seemed so uninterested that she didn't bother asking anything challenging.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Hiring process was great. The recruiter I spoke with knew exactly what they were looking for. She was honest and straight to the point which is refreshing. First, it was a phone screening interview, followed by 2 in person interviews with your prospective boss and their assistant.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent the director of engineering an e-mail along with my linkedin and links to side projects. He sent me an e-mail shortly after to schedule a phone interview with his assistant. I received a call from him with another person on the line, I'm assuming the person was a software engineer on the team. First they ask if I have any questions for them. Then phone call went straight to technical questions, no behavioral questions. The technical questions did not compose of any algorithm or coding questions... it was more networks and how to set up the environment.

Interview Questions

• 1) Go through the process of what happens after you type a website in the URL bar.
      2) What is an IP address?
      3) What is webrick/handle requests?
      4) Scaling for high traffic websites
      5) What are load balancers?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I replied to the LinkedIn Pulse job post for CNE a division of CN with letter & portfolio. The lead engineer's assistant replied a few days later to schedule a phone interview with him, the lead engineer & the director of engineering.

Round 1: Phone Screen
    I received the call & answered their usual questions. They were keen to emphasize they want full stack because the team operates that way, preferring "open collaboration" where anyone does as much as possible.

Round 2: tech test
    I used the recommended 4.5-6hrs to complete the tech test which was to code thescene.com with the swiftype API & pushing to their private Git repo. It was really long & dissuading. I should've charged a fee.

Round 3: edits
    Git commit messages & times were closely examined. They asked why I coded it the way I did, what I'd done differently, then asked if I could do those particular recommendations. I estimated it'd been another 2-3hrs.

I got a job elsewhere so I stopped spending time coding here.

Interview Questions

• Go through the process of what happens after you type a website in the URL bar.   1 Answer
    • What is Git, assume someone who knows nothing about code?   1 Answer
    • What is your career goal?   1 Answer
    • What is a load balancer? Describe in detail. How would you code 1?   1 Answer

Interview

Three rounds of interview in total. The first round is with HR, the second round is with hiring manager( a phone call) and the third rounds is a onsite interview. The offer were provided on the next day of the interview process.

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied on my school career website. Interview was very straight forward - one round with HR, one round with direct supervisor, one round with AP. Questions were very typical - what I did in the past, what I want to do in the future... made sure that I knew what I am getting myself into, and also made sure that I had the necessary skills to survive this role (in my case, advanced excel).

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. It's all about whether they like you and if they think you can / willing to do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

ALWAYS negotiate. I made the mistake of not negotiating but I was able to negotiate later on after a couple months in.

Advertising Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Condé Nast (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

First job out of college, met with three different individuals in three days. Got a call from HR two days later and negotiated my salary. Accepted the position and moved to NYC. Very friendly team with high energy and business professional management.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.