Costain Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 27 May 2018

2.8

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Costain (Maidenhead, England) in February 2018.

Interview

Easy process, they helped you through it, started with a 40 minute group discussion, then an 5 minute pre prepared presentation before a 2 on 1 45 minute interview

Finance Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costain (Maidenhead, England) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online by submitting a CV. I was then invited to an assessment centre. It consisted of group work, presentation and interview. Very nice people, the interviewers made me feel welcome. They want to know more about you. It's a shame I didnt score enough to get an offer.

Graduate Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costain.

Interview

Three stages: Individual face to face, group study, presentation. The group study involves discussion and presentation on a construction project. We were asked to present the work that we have done in the summer placement.

Site Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Costain in June 2017.

Interview

Was invited on site, shown around and met some of the team before sitting down for the interview. Relaxed interview, as well as asking questions from me the interview explained where my experiences would be applied if I was offered the position.

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Costain in June 2017.

Interview

Nice and friendly, made me feel welcome.. had to do a presentation and a one on one interview.. applied online for a graduate scheme through tests. We were shown around and extremely helpful when i asked questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costain (Maidenhead, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the graduate scheme at Costain website. Includes screening questions, after completion I was invited to an interview at the Costain Maidenhead office. The travel costs were also reimbursed, plus the interview topics were also told in advance.

Interview Questions

• Technical design question, plus presentation on selected topic and other "describe a time..." questions   Answer Question

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Costain (Coventry, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application:
    - Why are you interested in a position with Costain?
    - Why are you interested in the role that you are applying to?
    - What extra-curricular activities do you take part in and how do they demonstrate your communication and leadership skills?
    - What is your Unique Selling Point (USP)? - Why should we pick you?

Answered with references to their visions and values, then within 4 weeks I was offered a place at their assessment centre in Coventry:
    - Group discussion + presentation
    - Multiple choice technical questions 20min test
    - 2 on 1 interview (competency based)
    - Pre-prepared presentation to 5 assessors (5 mins)

Assessors all very kind and welcoming, offering feedback after group presentation, and interview was more of an informal chat.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Costain? Why Mech Eng? Name a time when you working under time pressure, solved a problem, solved a problem with time constraints etc.
      What are your strengths? What would you have to consider as the lead project manager (used HS2 as an example of large project)?

At the end they ask you preferred sector + location so do prior research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costain (Coventry, England) in January 2017.

Interview

The assessment day was about a Group Presentation, Personal Presentation, Face to face interview. I applied online and I was called in a few days for the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• The face to face interview had behavioural questions and one technical question. The personal presentation was given before but they didnt ask anything on that. The group presentation was easy but always this depends on the team that you were with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costain (Birmingham, England) in December 2016.

Interview

The Interview was a general process. I got asked typical competency based questions follow by a technical question. The guys interviewing me made me feel very comfortable and settled my nerves.

Graduate Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Costain (London, England).

Interview

Assessment centre with a competency based interview, group discussion and presentations. Very formal and takes up the whole day. Group task is about how you interact with everyone so don't over talk but so not shy away either!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with a problem and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.