Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,547 of over 1,547.0 interviews

Employee Referral9%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Costco Wholesale

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

They do a set of 3 interviews, escalating from manager to supervisor and then to assistant general manager. If you are lucky they will do all three interviews in one day but it can also be a multi day process. There will also be a drug test.

Interview Questions
  • What does great customer/member service look like to you?
    2 Answers
8 people found this interview helpful

Costco Wholesale

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

Mass hiring, called into a room with a couple managers to conduct multiple interview steps at once. Silly questions asked that didn't have anything to do with my ability to safely drive a forklift.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Costco Wholesale

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

I was able to request a virtual interview for a location that was quite a distance away. I interviewed with the pharmacy manager and the district leader. Questions were both behavioral based and conversational while maintaining a professional interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation when you had to deal with a difficult patient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Burnsville, MN) in Oct 2021

Interview

Bait And Switch While shopping in the store I saw a billboard advertising for positions Cashier, Assistant Cashier and merch. I have a part-time job and was looking an additional another part time position. With Christmas approaching I needed a little extra cash for the family. So I went on Costco’s website and applied for the part time cashiers position. The Description said the normal responsibilities. Processes member orders, collects payment while providing a high level of member service. Performs clean up, department set-up and closing tasks as necessary. That’s it nothing more. The Requirements area was blank. So I applied. I received a call for an interview, we set up a date. I reviewed my availability and why during this call and was assured it was ok. I showed up on time and the manager started in. The job they were interviewing me for was seasonal, stocker. I hadn’t applied for this, nor did I want this. I told the manager this and was told rudely the job was Seasonal (temporary) stocker was AND I would need to be available 7 days a week, nights, weekends, and Holidays. Then she berated for not agreeing to do so. Available 7 days a week, open to close and holidays, I believe this is called servitude. I was just looking for a few days a week extra work. My time is valuable, I wouldn’t have agreed to this interview had I known any of this. On my application I clearly had not chosen any of this, why were they wasting my time interviewing me for this job. I asked are their any cashier jobs available - I got back was a wide eyed blank look. Bait and switch – they are collecting applications to interview only for seasonal jobs. Then Costco sent me an email saying I had interviewed for the cashiers job - thank you, when I clearly had not. bait and switch methodology It’s clearly a bait-and-switch tactic to unload unappealing ‘grunt work,’ undesirable work hours, or an unreasonable workload on a new employee hoping they won’t notice or make any waves because they are new to the organization

Interview Questions
  • Will you be available 7 days a week, open to close and holidays

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sugar Land, TX) in Oct 2021

Interview

Very impersonal interview Robot style rehearsals Nothing about you so they can get you know better Running late on interviews I think this was one of the worst that I ever had

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Murfreesboro, TN) in Oct 2021

Interview

First interview was considered both a first and second since front end manager and her assistant were present. The boss asked me questions while assistant wrote down my answers. Manager told me I would be working as a stocker, cashier assistant, food court or give out samples. This was for a seasonal position which I had applied for at Costco. She stated they would call me towards the end of the week and possibly set up a third interview and drug screen if they decided I was a fit. Two days later, she called me. Stated I was found to be a good fit to work in maintenance and would I come in to get interviewed by an assistant store manager. I asked what maintenance was and she said cleaning. I thought to myself “they never mentioned this position in the first place”. I agreed to come in, thinking “they are just weeding folks out to see who really wants to work”. So I met with ASM. He never talked about the position until I asked him directly. He then explained I would have to clean toilets, mop warehouse and sweep up trash and carry a radio. I asked him about all the other positions which had been mentioned in my previous”first and second” interviews. This ASM said those positions had already been filled. I told him I did not think I was a good fit for this job he was offering. I politely declined and ask if he would still consider me when something else became available or would I have to reapply? He took out a sticky note and placed it on my application and wrote something down. He said if something became available, it would be in the next 2-3 weeks when they would possibly have more positions. I thanked him and left.

Interview Questions
  • 1. What is your greatest weakness? 2. What is your greatest strength? 3 Why do you want to work at Costco?

Costco Wholesale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter, had a manager round where Manager and a tech lead asked basic questions more like introduction and if I am suited for the role. I was then called to schedule a technical round which had 4 technical staff, my feeling was that Costco is way too outdated and the questions were very basic, there were none System design or scenario based questions and a lot of questions were asked which the technical team themselves didn't know the correct answer, one of the interviewer was very rude who seemed to have only bookish knowledge and laughed at a correct answer. I would not like to work with a team like that who is not keen to do things in more modern way.

Interview Questions
  • Some questions related to how things were done 20 years ago.. Zero Modernization questions Zero Scenario based questions Zero architecture questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Quick and easy. Basic questions about why you’d want to work there, availability and physical limitations. No trick questions to gauge personality or intelligence. Next round may be more in depth.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Costco Wholesale

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

Interview process was simple as can be but be warned not to be late more than 3 minutes to your shift or you will be given counseling from supervisors because of the "costco standards" that can lead you to termination.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Costco Wholesale

Application

I interviewed at Costco Wholesale

Interview

Pretty easy overall just made it known I work hard every day regardless of circumstances. That alone made the difference. One manager asking the questions it went by relatively fast.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,547 Interviews