Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Costco Wholesale Interview Questions

Updated 24 May 2017

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.
      1 Answer

Membership Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sugar Land, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Sugar Land, TX (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was called a few days later to schedule an interview. I was told that I had passed the intial online screening so my first in-store interview was considered a second interview. I went to the location for my interview and waited in the break room for about 30 minutes before someone came to get me. Two employees are required to be present during the interview. The interview was basic, customer service questions.

After the interview I received a call the same day letting me know to expect another call to set up a third interview with the General Manager. I waited a few days and after not hearing anything I called the store but was unable to get in contact with the employee who did my interview. I called back three times and finally spoke to an employee who said they were trying to see when the GM would be available to do interviews. It has been over a month and I never heard from anyone.

Front End Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Fountain Valley, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied on line. Got a call the same day for phone interview and follow up for a in person interview. The the in person interview was with two general manager. Standard question of why do you want to work at Costco. Got a call later for a second interview with senior manager and asked similar questions. Few days later job was offered and orientation was set up.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Two managers interviewed me. They were very friendly and welcoming. They wanted to get to know me, and wanted to see what my availability was considering Costco is very busy and need people.

Identity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

They rescheduled my interview mere hours before it was scheduled, so it wasn't surprising that I missed the email that went out. My phone doesn't bother notifying me on emails sent to the junk folder. This led to a rather awkward situation with me sitting in the lobby for a half hour before someone comes out to give me a quintessential interview whereby the interviewer wasn't prepared. Still, I answered a few questions before I left. The HR recruiter then re-scheduled a time to re-do the interview. A few days later, I got another email saying they were going a different direction because they were looking for someone who had a longer term outlook, and asked me if I was really interested in a short term contract. Huh? Did the interviewer mix up his notes and confuse me with someone else? I was with my last company for nearly 10 years. On the surface, I was a spot on match for the position. Now I think I dodged a bullet given how the interview process worked.

Interview Questions

• Name the OAuth grant types. How do you explain DNS to your grandmother? What was the most challenging project you have worked on? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Manager-In-Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Issaquah, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Issaquah, WA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Operation head leads the interview, very casual and down to earth atmosphere. Prepare a list of question before you go there, as they care very much about your determination and passion in the Costco culture.

Front End Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Wilmington, NC (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was a 3 interview process. I managed to get through all 3 in the same day. I spoke to what i believe was an hr person, the assistant manager, and finally the manager. All interviewers were friendly and informative. The first two interviews were back to back and took roughly 20 minutes each, and the last interview only took a few minutes as i believe they had already made their decision. They were highly informative about what the job would entail the benefits involved, and were willing to find the best place for me to go as a college student.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer?
      If you were hired today, what could you contribute to costco?
      Have you ever worked in a place where the schedule could be erratic?
      Answer Question

Part-Time Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly. They ask about and want to know about you as a character to see if you fit in with their environment. They don't dig too deep into your personality bc they can already tell a lot about you based on your appearance and presentation

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Basic interview just asked me a list of question that any company would ask you. Nothing fancy, nothing special. It was only like 15 mins. I got all dressed up and my interview was in the food court. Wasted good clothes for nothing

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, straight forward questions. A day later they called me in for an interview which was set for a few days after. I dressed business casual, I was actually VERY nervous. I was interviewed by 2 nice men. Interview lasted about 15-20 min (they called it phase 1 & 2). After the interview they scheduled me for the third/ second interview with the AGM and human resources lady. They asked me more about myself . It was honestly way more casual than the 1st. They also asked me about school, what I wanted to study, what I saw myself doing in the next 5 years and during the time between that. And then proceeded to ask me if I was okay with being cashier assistant, I said yes. And then asked me if I had any questions. Afterwards they did tell me that they were offering me a job, however didn't specify if as a Cashier or Cashier Assistant . And told me that I would be contacted for a drug test and then orientation.

Advice: Do your research, try to come up with answers ahead of time in case you get real nervous and your mind goes blank . Be positive, let them know you want the job, and just be yourself.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.