Costco Wholesale Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 20 Oct 2017
1,005 Interview Reviews

2.5

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

After applying online, and pass the personality test, you are interviewed by two employees, they ask a series of questions from the list below ( 3-4 from each category) and if done well are called back for a 2nd interview. If you pass the background and drug test then good to go.

Interview Questions

• Communication
      o Tell me about a time your manager gave you feedback or coaching
      o How do you communicate with supervisors and managers?
      o Tell me about a time you were successful due to your ability to communicate.
      o How do you handle misunderstandings with co-workers?
      o When you fell you have an important point to make, how do you communicate it?
      o What do you define as ethical behavior, and how do you incorporate it into your work?
      o Give me an example of a time when you had to make an ethical decision.
      o When faced with a difficult decision, how do you resolve it? Example?
      o Give me an example of a conflict you’ve experienced, and how you resolved it.

Member Service
      o Tell me about a situation where you handled a difficult customer, and explain how you resolved it.
      o How do you define great customer service?
      o Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of your position.
      o Have you ever served multiple customers simultaneously? How did you prioritize your attention?
      o Give me an example of a time where you wished you had handled a situation differently with a customer.
      o How do you maintain a positive attitude in a fast-paced, often hectic environment?

Self-Motivation
      o Tell me about a time you completed a major project.
      o Tell me about a time you volunteered for a learning opportunity.
      o Describe a time when you worked on a difficult task.
      o Tell me about a time you had to do an unfamiliar task.
      o Describe a situation where you worked without supervision.
      o Tell me how you motivate yourself to complete your tasks.
      o Describe new things that you are learning in your current position.

Team Player
      o Give me an example of when you worked on a team to accomplish a goal.
      o How do you deal with an unproductive teammate?
      o Tell me about a time when you were part of a team that did not get along.
      o How do you divide tasks when working on a group project?
      o What role do you think communication plays in promoting good teamwork?
      o Describe a time when you had to work outside your normal duties.

Flexibility
      o Do you have experience working a varying schedule that changed on short notice? How did you respond?
      o Give me an example of when your schedule changed.
      o Describe how you manage your time.
      o How do you manage changing priorities or interruptions to your schedule or job duties?
      o Describe a time when you made a compromise to achieve a goal.
      o Give me an example of when you asked a co-worker for help.
      o Describe a situation of when you did more than one task at work.   3 Answers

Cake Decorator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

The review didn't take long at all, maybe 15 minutes? The overall process went smoothly. No out of the box questions--they were contained in a pretty typical format. There was also a trainee in the room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one time there was a conflict working in a team environment, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Front End Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. They have set interview questions they seem to ask every candidate. Most of the questions were behavioral. The question they seem to like asking however is "how did you study for this interview?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you had to gain a customers trust.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later I received a call to set up an interview. Completed my first in-person interview and was asked if I was willing to schedule a second.

Interview Questions

• They were just average retail/sales/customer service questions.   1 Answer

Interview

It was about 15 questions !!!! All well she hired me for photo !! Starting pay $13 witch is awesome because no other reatailer pays near 13 an hour ! Im supper exited to start now i have to wait to meet the store bosses!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with an employee   Answer Question

Cashier Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

You go through 2 interviews first with 2 department managers then with the store manager he will or she will offer you the job right then and there. Must past the 2 department managers first to make it to the final interview for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Q: ask about yourself and also our previous experience for retail   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale.

Interview

Great Interview. Basic interview process, was not hired but the process was simple and direct. Meet with department supervisor and was given lots of information regarding what they were in need of.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at Costco?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Princeton, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Filled out an application online and was called in for an interview a few weeks later. I was told to come into the store at a specific time, I arrived several minutes early and spoke to my interviewer who told me to “take a seat” and that they would “be with me shortly.” That “shortly” turned out to be never, as although I was always in clear view of the person and they walked past my area several times they never got around to interviewing me. After an hour and fifteen minutes, I got up and left. They are lucky being the gentleman that I am and I simply walked away it could have been much worse for these rude, unprofessional morons.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions from them as I was never interviewed but I question why I bothered applying here and wasted so much time waiting around before I finally said screw this and walked out. Some have questioned why I didn’t go back up to the customer service desk and remind them that I was still there but the thing is they could see me and I could see them. The rude and unprofessional treatment I received soured me on working for these people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Marina del Rey, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I got this interview because I physically went into the store and brought my online app to the store manager's attention. 3 days later, I got a phone call telling me when and where to report. The interview was at 4:15 in the afternoon. There were others in the breakroom waiting to be interviewed. I thought it went well, but I did not get offered a position. Mind you, this was for the lowest entry level seasonal position. Gathering carts. Cleaning restrooms. Keeping the floor of the store clean. My thought is, I have WAY too much work experience to be offered a job there even though I expressed that I was willing to do all the aforementioned tasks with no problem. I should have known I would not be offered a position when observing the employees as I walked through the store and while waiting in the breakroom for my interview. They are all young people. I'm talking 20 somethings. Even the store manager that I met is a young man. Maybe 30ish? The young man and woman who interviewed me were also young. I am a middle aged woman with ALOT of job and life
    experience, but I'm afraid I am a little old (in their eyes) to be hired at that particular store. Just my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Obvious questions like, 'Why do you want to work for Costco?' The one that threw me was when the interviewer asked "What did you do to prepare for this interview today?" I thought that was an odd question.   1 Answer
    • I was asked, 'How would you handle a situation with a co-worker who is not pulling their share?"   1 Answer
    • I was asked, "How would you handle a co-worker who you may have a problem with?"   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Costco Wholesale (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went for an interview today and showed up 5 minutes early and was told to wait in the break room. The interview was scheduled for 3 pm and the guy came into to the break room at 3:25 pm. So we sit down, in the eating area where all the customers buy food, sit down and eat, he hands me a paper to write my availability on. No real greeting at all. Finally after roughly 10 minutes, we were done. A few questions asked but mostly it was get me in, get me out. I have had 8 years in the grocery industry and all of it has been in management, and it took me back. He acted like I was bothering him from the start as soon as he walked into the break room. The most unprofessional interview I had ever been on. He said he will let me know by Friday if I am going to get called back for an interview. They can keep that job. I don’t want to work with people like that! Such a turn off! And to see the reviews on here about working at Costco it took me by surprise.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.