DHG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

DHG Interview Questions

Interviews at DHG

2.5

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHG in July 2012.

Interview

Was an experienced hire. Straight forward and laid back interview process. No ridiculous behavioral questions, just genuine/productive conversation.

Audit Interview

Interview

Interview was very simple. First talked a little bit about myself and the company. Proceeded to then walk through my resume and ask a couple of questions about where I wanted to intern and what practice I would prefer. Interviewer was the manager at the firm I was applying for and he seemed very excited to be interviewing everyone.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DHG (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Very casual and friendly. No stress interview. Went out to lunch with a few team members after. Had a few phone calls before the actual 1:1 interview. Had to do create a portal account and sign up for a background check.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DHG (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Two interviews with HR and a partner

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DHG (Raleigh, NC (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was recruited on-campus. The firm has a deep southern culture, with a partner on campus blurting out an Obama slur during the presentation. Not too professional. However, I accepted their offer for an on-campus interview and the follow-up office interview. Everyone was nice enough, but I was rubbed the wrong way, as if they just didn't really care too much. I kept DHG throughout the recruitment process as a back-up choice. They are fun, through great socials with heavy drinks. However, at the end of the day, the culture of the firm and the people who make up the firm weren't my top choice. I believe they felt the same way given I was not extended an offer. The interviews themselves were very standard. Mostly conversational with a few questions here and there.

Interview Questions

• Most adventurous thing you've ever done that challenged you.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DHG (Memphis, TN (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process has been very long, but is expected from a big, public accounting firm. The partners interviewing were both very laid back and relaxed, which to me is something I have not seen in corporate or public accounting to this day. That instantly turned me on to DHG. After further talking and interviewing with them, I came to know that the company is all about business, making sure their quality of life within the firm is way above average, and that employees stay educated and maintain the most knowledge possible for their respective specializations.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question related to the audit process and how I would be interacting with not only US GAAP, but potentially other accounting reporting standards.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DHG (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, and got an email for a phone interview a week later. After the phone interview, I was asked to come to the office for an in-person interview. Since this was for an experienced hire, they are trying out a new interview style where they are requiring a 10-15 minute presentation to talk about your skills, education, background, and work history. If you're like me, this part can be very nerve-racking. However, they are very nice people and try to make you feel relaxed. After the presentation, they do a 10-15 minute Q&A to ask about what you presented.
    After the presentation, I had the interview with the Partner and Senior Auditor. They were both very nice, and made the interview laid-back and conversational. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I did however get tripped up on a question or two because of my limited experience in the field but it wasn't a bad experience at all. Overall, the people were great and the process was easygoing.

Interview Questions

• What are the areas of risk that you looked for when planning an audit?   Answer Question
    • What is it that makes you want to work in the public accounting?   Answer Question
    • What is it about Dixon Hughes Goodman that makes you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose accounting?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DHG (Charlotte, NC (US)).

Interview

The interviews are typically performed by a few people in the office. I met with a few of the senior staff and a partner. They asked about my past experience and education. I felt pretty comfortable through the process and received assistance from the recruiters as well. There was nothing out of the ordinary that occurred in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to resolve a conflict at work.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DHG.

Interview

Very informal, laid back and conversational. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. They wanted you to interview them too so have questions prepared. Overall great experience and great company.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DHG in August 2014.

Interview

Not formal (very relaxed). More of a conversation. Fairly laid back. Make sure you have good questions to ask! The interviewee basically Controls the interview. They are looking for you to highlight your strengths while having an informal conversation. Be sure to tie whatever you have on your resume into the conversation.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.