De Montfort University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

De Montfort University Interview Questions

Interviews at De Montfort University

2.7

Venues Staff Interview

Interview

formal but friendly
    staff are very kind and accommodating
    ask you about your previous experience with customer service and situational judgement
    they also tell you right away if you are successful - help you along throughout the interview with friendly acknowledgement

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in September 2020.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy, questions were basic. Interview panel was really nice, they were really friendly to chat with. Needed a lot of prep in order to be successful for this interview.

Interview Questions

• Could you explain a situation where you undertook independent research?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at De Montfort University.

Interview

The Interview process.
    Collect Pertinent Information During the Interview.
    Look and Act Professionally During the Interview.
    Treat All Candidates Fairly.
    Be Courteous and Respectful.
    1-Prepare in Advance for the Interview.
    2-Collect Pertinent Information During the Interview.
    3-Look and Act Professionally During the Interview.
    4- Treat All Candidates Fairly.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Very relaxed atmosphere with 2 lovely interviewers

Be confident and cheery in your responses

Know a lot about DMU

Standard interview questions and then a small laboratory related test including what COSHH stands for, how to make a solution and identification of a Gel Electrophoresis machine

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What has been your biggest challenge?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about De Montfort University?   Answer Question
    • Standard laboratory questions including COSHH, making a solution and identifying a gel electrophoresis machine from a picture   Answer Question
    • What Laboratory experience have you had?   Answer Question

Morning Cleaning Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Straight forward, invited by email and attended in person following being successful at the shortlisting stage. Relaxed and friendly interview, I was informed I would be told of the outcome within a week, had to chase for around 3 weeks before receiving a generic email that I was unsuccessful. Asked for feedback, after a few weeks had one missed call and a voicemail stating they would try to ring me again the following week which never happened.

Placement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed in autumn 2019. Nice interviewees whom I later worked with. Fairly straightforward interview process with standard questions and scenario-based primarily. I applied online via a CV and cover letter and was offered an interview within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have adhering to data protection?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England).

Interview

Interview lasted approx. 40 mins. A panel of four people asked questions regarding ,my motivation for applying and previous roles/experience and some scenario questions e.g. what would you do if X happened?' It was friendly though very professional in tone. It is quite a standardised process, so they must ask predefined questions and each person on the panel is assigned a set of questions to assess different areas of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De Montfort University in November 2018.

Interview

1 minute presentation on any topic of your choice, group work to see how well you work in a group and personal interview about the skills you have, interests and rights to work check. it lasted for about 3 hours but it was more informal than formal. it was an opportunity to meet applicants who had applied online.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a formal interview, by two professors and they had asked for examples of my work as well as a task that they had assigned to all applicants.
    They had asked me generic questions, such as what skills I have and my experience in the field, as well as hypothetical questions.

A Readership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at De Montfort University (Leicester, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Extremely long process 7 months in total from applying to now and still have not heard back after interview in January 2018- absolute joke and very unprofessional! Was looking forward to this interview but what a mistake. Disorganised and no introduction. Made me and another candidate wait for ages in reception for interview and presentation. Gang grilled me on a presentation asking questions that weren't linked to the content of the presentation. Interrupting the presentation and disrupting behaviours by academic staff. Three months after interview, I tried three times in Feb, March and April to ask for feedback from the HOD and still have no idea of whether I failed the interview and the reasons for having not received an offer. I will not bother here again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.