Defense Contract Management Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Defense Contract Management Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at Defense Contract Management Agency

2.7

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency in June 2020.

Interview

Very Fair. I was explained the reason for interview and the ground roles prior to the interview. I was given ample time to answer questions. The interview lasted 30 minutes and it was conducted cia phone call.

Interview Questions

• Esa in one situation where you have to reprimand a fellow employee and what were the results.   1 Answer

Industrial Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Standard broken Government interview process, 7 questions with no elaboration. Nothing personal about the process. Ive been on panels myself conducting the interviews too. DCMA does not negotiate salary even though OPM regulations state that agencies can.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a disagreement with an coworker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

General Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by phone and gave me option to choose between Friday and Monday for interview. It was 30 minutes phone interview with standard 7 questions followed by a pause to answer. It is awkward but easy. Their process is okay till interview but after interview hiring officer called me asked if it is okay to contact my current supervisor, I had given other references including past managers but she needs current or I will be out of consideration. This sucks as I have been in the same position three times already in less than a month by DCMA, they call and check references after interview and no offer. One selecting officer even called me and asked if I would accept offer, I said yes but no offer. They like to play games.
    And during the interview, at the end of 7th question I was expecting they would give me opportunity to ask questions, guy on other end just said thank you as soon as I was done and hung up.
    Their process is very rude and do not care about candidates at all.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Most DCMA interviews are on the phone and are eerily impersonal. An intro statement will be read and several questions asked. Dialogue is generally not permitted during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions are typical: team work, time management, etc.   Answer Question

Industrial Specialist(General) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Answer nine question, I think did good answering all of them. At the very end. One panel ask me would you accept this job if offer, I told her yes. And week later was not selected. That was crude joke on one of the panel.

Interview Questions

• would you accept this job if offer.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Applied on usajob.gov, answered all the basic government interview questionnaires. During interview answered typical questions, i.e why are you interested in DCMA/federal government. Basic personality questions. Did not ask an technical questions. Took a few months to get the offer letter due to the federal hiring process.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

This is the most helpful information you will receive regarding the DCMA hiring/onboarding process. Please flag it as helpful if you agree!
    1. BE AWARE that you may need a security clearance. If you do, this means you’d better have good credit, no arrest records, no nefarious associations, etc., especially in the last 7 years or so. Don’t think you can lie about it. There WILL BE an investigation and the investigators are trained to develop what can be developed. Don’t waste people’s time. College students especially get surprised when they find out “drug experimentation” isn’t experimentation after they did it several times. ABOVE ALL, DON’T LIE ON THE SF86. You’ll be filling it out again years later and if there’s inconsistencies, you’ll be in an uncomfortable position at the very least.
    2. Do yourself a big favor and search for the clearancejobsblog website. Read the posts to learn what kinds of issues people experience with the clearance process.
    3. If you still intend to apply, the initial interview is done over the telephone. You will be asked questions by a panel of persons. You have 30 minutes and about 5 or 6 questions to answer. You may ask for a question to be repeated, but there will be no clarifications given. After you answer each question fully, indicate that you are finished with your answer.
    4. The interview questions I was asked were completely different from those previously posted. Be prepared to answer any kind of question pertaining to your job duties, experience and work habits.
    5. If you interview well and are selected for the next steps, be advised:
    a. If your position requires you to obtain and maintain a security clearance, you will be asked to submit fingerprints and fill out a SF86.
    b. Regarding fingerprints, I advise you to get them submitted via Livescan, and you can do this at an Army recruiter. Ask your contact about this as soon as they tell you to go get them done, and ask for codes to submit the prints to the DoD. I got inked prints from a local police station and sent them off (at cost to me) only to find out weeks later they were “unclassifiable”.
    c. Regarding the SF86, it is completed electronically. Not bad for a big, multi-page form. Get your info together- passport, transcripts, any moving violation records, family member contact info, etc etc etc. For me, this was the worst part of the whole process but all in all, not so bad.
    6. After you get your prints and the SF86 submitted, they look for any obvious disqualifiers. This may take 2-4 months. YES, MONTHS. If you don’t look like a baddie, you may get a waiver or “interim clearance” to complete onboarding and come start your job. NOTE: My experience involved being contacted mid-week by a person informing me I was granted a waiver and that I was wanted to start work Monday of the NEXT WEEK. ??? Like no one is expected to give 2-weeks’ notice to their present/previous job???
    7. If you say, “Yes, DCMA, I will abandon my employer ‘cos they don’t deserve me anyway” and report, you may expect a year or more until you get your clearance. That is, IF you were honest and had no issues develop or could explain them satisfactorily. If not, you’ll get fired for due cause. Remember, if you don’t have a clearance for a job that requires it, you’re not qualified!
    8. BONUS INFO for reading all the way through: CBD is still classified as a Schedule I drug by the Feds. Yes, I know it’s sold in every gas station and drug store, but if you apply for a Fed job, you have to quit using it. Stop whining. Don’t lie about it, either.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

Interview Questions

• Describe three kinds of testing or measurement equipment you used and what it measured.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's little negotiation. Pay grades are a salary range and your experience largely determines what grade you fit into.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

6 questions, make sure to respond with "end of question" after providing answer. It is good to take your time and answer questions thoroughly. Review other interview questions on glassdoor to prepare. They are pretty accurate. Ask your questions at the end of interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience using Quality Management Systems such as ISO9001 or AS19001B?   Answer Question

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency (Stockton, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Three panel interview, they read set of questions mostly situation related.
    It is hard to answer if you do not have experience with that position.
    Nothing general questions like my strength, weakness, tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Describe your contract experience with other government agencies or companies.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Defense Contract Management Agency.

Interview

Interview was conducted via phone. Lasted about 30 minutes. My interview panel consisted of three people. One supervisor, one career peer, and HR. The complete process for hire took about three months.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.