Dennis Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Dennis Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at Dennis Publishing

2.7

IT Operations/Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Initially received a message from company recruiter on position for their new NYC office. Was only two stages: phone screen and in-person interview with office manager and IT Manager for the whole company. Process took slightly over a month.

Would've given this a positive rating if weren't for the fact that I was ghosted in the end. A real shame, since the managers came across as really personable and down-to-earth.

Junior Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Absolutely brilliant company. Staff was really friendly and have shown actual interest in my application and portfolio. Initial phone interview was conducted, it was just a chat about the company and little bit about yourself and to set up the face to face interview.

Face to face interview is just more of the same as phone interview. Had a chat about myself and my portfolio and my interest and things like that. Absolutely relax environment. I would definite recommend everyone to apply.

Graduate Campaign Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Had 1 face-to-face interview. Then 2 phone interviews with a senior manager and the Group Publisher. Recruiter was very nice and helpful. Everyone I met was nice and the offices seemed very modern and well-designed. The job description just wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Name a time when you did something challenging.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England).

Interview

3 stage interview, 1 stage phone, 2nd stage face to face and then 3rd with 2 senior managers, asking competency based questions. same position has been advertised for 5 months now

Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England) in August 2018.

Interview

Although the company was very communicative and transparent initially, they ghosted me at the last stage and never responded to any of my follow-up emails.

This was after going through a phone interview, a panel interview, and a presentation of a take-home project that I spent many hours researching and creating. During the presentation, they even mentioned that they intended to use my recommendations on an upcoming internal project.

Avoid spending sinking too much time into a take-home assignment for this company.

Interview Questions

• How do you identify successful potential content topics?   Answer Question

Dennis Publishing Response

1 Oct 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Hello, I was very disappointed to read your review and to hear that you've had this experience. We pride ourselves on giving every candidate the best experience possible and although I appreciate this is not very helpful in your case, I assure you this is not standard practice. We understand the time and effort that goes into interview prep, especially when you have been asked to do a presentation. Please be assured that I am investigating this as a priority and will be in touch personally, in the meantime please accept my sincere apology. Regards, Kate

Data Insight Analyst - Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Starts with a Phone call, Panel interview with logic questions at the end and a final Panel Interview to make sure that your up for the job. The interview was professional, and the staff were very good natured and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous experience during your placement.   Answer Question
    • Give us three reasons why we should take you on.   Answer Question
    • The phone is ringing, you have a important email to send and you have a client at your desk what do you do?   Answer Question

Publishing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing.

Interview

I turned up having spent days working on a presentation where the interview kept getting moved to be greeted by a team of three. One announced he had not even bothered to review my CV, and so when I went through my presentation he persistantly challenged me on whether ot not all of the things weer do-able but had he reviewed my CV before he would seen that I had done similar. Another got defensive when I questioned their approach to a certain area (yet it was in the brief) and then took it upon himself to openly be agressive and attacking in his questioning and the final one who seemed decent ended up apologising at the end of the interview whilst escorting me out for their conduct. Just terrible & revolting behaviour. I left thinking I would never ever work there. Since that time Dennis has only continued to diminish in stature and I know why!

Interview Questions

• Well along the lines of can you really from the one that didn't bother to review my CV.
      Another just attacking. Using phrases like "Do you really think" aggressively.   1 Answer

Dennis Publishing Response

27 Mar 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are incredibly disappointed to read your review and are shocked at the experience you say you have had. At Dennis, we take great pride in giving all candidates a positive recruitment experience and it is troubling to hear this feedback. I would be keen to have the opportunity to discuss this further with you so we can ensure this does not happen again, and to personally apologise to you. Please do drop me a note kate_conroy@dennis.co.uk. Thank you, Kate

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Group interview with sales tasks with second stage interview afterwards with you having to undertake a sales task with 2-3 members of management. They are friendly to be interviewed by and give a good overview of the company.

Human Resources Team Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing (London, England).

Interview

There were 4 stages in the recruitment process . I initially spoke with a member of their Recruitment team on the phone, then I met with different levels of management over the next 3 interviews.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dennis Publishing.

Interview

HR Interviewer was late, telephone equipment wasn't working properly, no apologies and not very professional. Salary range for role was well below industry average, there was very little point taking the interview beyond telephone interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.